08-16-17, 06:02 PM   #1
Bboy1948
A Murloc Raider
Unzipping advice

In my addon folder I have Carbonite, Carbonite.Quests & Carbonite.Social folders ... I dl GitHub Master ... how do I proceed with the unzipping?

Sorry if this is posted somewhere ... didn't see a relative thread title ... he** at 69 yo lucky to still enjoy WOW, D3 etc.
08-16-17, 08:00 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If you are a Windows user, you should have a built-in zip utility. Just unzip the file and copy it to where your addons are located in your WoW folder.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 08-16-17 at 08:03 PM.
08-16-17, 10:39 PM   #3
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Bboy1948 View Post
In my addon folder I have Carbonite, Carbonite.Quests & Carbonite.Social folders ... I dl GitHub Master ... how do I proceed with the unzipping?

Sorry if this is posted somewhere ... didn't see a relative thread title ... he** at 69 yo lucky to still enjoy WOW, D3 etc.
Better use Twitch/Curse app and select Alpha updates under Carbonite and its modules.
08-17-17, 04:23 PM   #4
Bboy1948
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
If you are a Windows user, you should have a built-in zip utility. Just unzip the file and copy it to where your addons are located in your WoW folder.
Thanks for posting.

Yes, I have W10 and know how to unzip ... my question was relative to "do I just leave those existing folders in there?" And ... Do I unzip the whole folder I downloaded ... or just the contents into one of the existing folders ... or separate from those folders?
08-17-17, 04:30 PM   #5
Bboy1948
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by ircdirk View Post
Better use Twitch/Curse app and select Alpha updates under Carbonite and its modules.
I have Twitch ... Did not see an Alpha selection.

Problem is my Quest module only works for some things ... sometimes not at all ... map & minimap issues, too.

I think I saw a thread somewhere here that listed conflicting addons ... I will check that out and/or just start disabling other addons (even though night b4 last eve4rything worked fine.
08-17-17, 11:35 PM   #6
Bboy1948
A Murloc Raider
Got everything working (not sure how) ... only annoying thing is what looks like a magnifying glass over part of the minimap & map. I'm sure it's a setting somewhere ... anyone know where?

TIA
08-20-17, 06:48 AM   #7
Bboy1948
A Murloc Raider
Atlas addons do not mesh w/Carbonite ... removed them and I'm fine now. Hope that helps anyone else having issues.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: General Discussion » Unzipping advice