12-15-09, 12:08 PM   #1
khurzog
A Frostmaul Preserver

Seek and Destroy! Healers

Excuse me if there is something like this out there, I don't regularly browse PvP orientated addons, also long time forum goers excuse me for I seem to throw this idea out there yearly (to no avail.)

With that said, I don't run BGs often, but when I do, I usually try to focus on killing healers. I would really like a mod to help draw attention to the top enemy healers. If the user had privileges it would mark healers and send out /rw at certain (non spammy) intervals informing your raid to focus on a certain healer. Also, if it detected a healer in range, it would display a unit frame for easy targeting/monitoring. I have quite a few other ideas to go along with this, but that would be the basics. All the information needed is readily available in the BG stats and/or combat log. Lastly, I think an addon to convert the BG stats into a recount like frame for easy monitoring would be a valuable thing to have, but probably as a different addon.

If anyone is interested, I would be available to assist in the creative process and testing, but have next to zero coding experience. Thanks for reading. =D
12-15-09, 12:24 PM   #2
Ailae
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Check out Healers have to die.

http://www.wowace.com/addons/healers-have-to-die/

EDIT: Guess I didn't really read your post all the way through. :P I have a faint memory of not being able to set raidmarks on enemy players in BGs. The unitframe stuff would also be tricky due to restrictions to what you can do with them when in combat.

Last edited by Ailae : 12-15-09 at 12:28 PM.
12-15-09, 12:34 PM   #3
khurzog
A Frostmaul Preserver

awesome! that is definitely a start! nice to see someone is at least thinking along these lines. ill try it out, i just fear it will catch any type of heal, and every class is capable of some sort of heal/bandage, and might not separate out the true healers too well, we'll see. thanks again!
12-15-09, 12:50 PM   #4
zero-kill
A Firelord

I usually just kill anything in a dress =P
12-15-09, 01:39 PM   #5
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
One idea would be to install Tiptac or Tiptactalents, it will show in the tooltip what spec they have.

Further then that you can usually see what spec a character is by looking at the spell effects. It will indicate the spell school (holy or nature). Shaman might be a bit harder tho.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Seek and Destroy! Healers