02-26-13, 06:35 PM   #401
Jasmer
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
Interesting. Well, I'm completely stumped. Only thing I can suggest is deleting the Interface and WTF folders and going through the installation process again.
Try deleting your interface, wtf, and cache folders. Also search your wow directly for Config.wtf and delete it. Run the launcher and it should repair.

02-26-13, 06:36 PM   #402
Jasmer
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Hey Nib, the recent updates of EasyMail have large red icons that match the default UI wonderfully but clash terribly with Aurora/RealUI. I've made some quick and dirty reskins in Gimp if you want them.

Last edited by Jasmer : 02-26-13 at 06:39 PM.

02-26-13, 06:49 PM   #403
Kkthnx
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by Jasmer View Post
Hey Nib, the recent updates of EasyMail have large red icons that match the default UI wonderfully but clash terribly with Aurora/RealUI. I've made some quick and dirty reskins in Gimp if you want them.

Post the skin!!

02-26-13, 06:52 PM   #404
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Ohh, sexeh!

02-26-13, 06:56 PM   #405
Kkthnx
A Cobalt Mageweaver

So since the default tooltip doesn't match the UI much and is not that matching? I redid another tooltip to match the rest of the UI a bit more. Also the slots in the char frame I returned the slot images so it looks better. Changed the font as well.

http://postimage.org/image/asrfef8bx/full/

Last edited by Kkthnx : 02-26-13 at 06:59 PM.

02-26-13, 07:10 PM   #406
Jasmer
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...uttonSkin.html

Hope I did it right.

02-26-13, 07:19 PM   #407
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Thanks!

Originally Posted by Kkthnxbye™ View Post
So since the default tooltip doesn't match the UI much and is not that matching? I redid another tooltip to match the rest of the UI a bit more. Also the slots in the char frame I returned the slot images so it looks better. Changed the font as well.

http://postimage.org/image/asrfef8bx/full/
Did you use another Tooltip addon, or modify the RealUI one? I do like the slot images, nice idea Font almost looks like the TukUI font

02-26-13, 07:28 PM   #408
Kkthnx
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Thanks!

Did you use another Tooltip addon, or modify the RealUI one? I do like the slot images, nice idea Font almost looks like the TukUI font
FreebTip. Also the font does look alot like the tukui one, because it is!

02-26-13, 07:59 PM   #409
poleherbehr77
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Interesting. Well, I'm completely stumped. Only thing I can suggest is deleting the Interface and WTF folders and going through the installation process again.
K done that, i did a fresh install and now when I load the game up; the screen that says fail or ok about the addons doesn't show up. All that shows up is the install button. When the install button is pushed about the only thing on the screen is the chat box. The second part of the issue I had earlier I'm guessin is causing this. When I un select read-only in my properties of my WTF folder, it doesnt stay un selected. If I reopen the folder and check again the read-only is reselected. I tried both okay and apply with the same effect. Oh and all of this is done while in game as suggested.

Last edited by poleherbehr77 : 02-26-13 at 08:00 PM. Reason: typos

02-26-13, 08:09 PM   #410
Jasmer
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I would completely exit out of the game and change the read-only rights. If you're on Windows 7 (and I think even Vista) the box might re-select itself but the permissions are still there. You can download the Curse client as well, it has a feature to "fix" folder permissions.

Is WoW in your program files directory? That's the first problem. With Vista and I think even 7 you want to move your wow folder OUT of program files. Move it anywhere you want, just get your World of Warcraft directory out of program files.

You can move it without reinstalling or affecting the registry.

02-26-13, 08:13 PM   #411
poleherbehr77
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I would completely exit out of the game and change the read-only rights. If you're on Windows 7 (and I think even Vista) the box might re-select itself but the permissions are still there. You can download the Curse client as well, it has a feature to "fix" folder permissions.

Is WoW in your program files directory? That's the first problem. With Vista and I think even 7 you want to move your wow folder OUT of program files. Move it anywhere you want, just get your World of Warcraft directory out of program files.

You can move it without reinstalling or affecting the registry.
Its is in the in my c:\ atm after a fresh install.

No effect at all by trying to change the read-only folder out of game.

edit: running windows 7 atm

02-26-13, 08:17 PM   #412
Jasmer
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Do you have load out of date addons checked? I always forget that. Every. Single. Time.

02-26-13, 08:23 PM   #413
poleherbehr77
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Do you have load out of date addons checked? I always forget that. Every. Single. Time.
Yes, triple checked it. I also went through with teh curse client suggestion with there guide on how to give myself permissions as a user. Which i did still with no effect

02-26-13, 08:32 PM   #414
Jasmer
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Does WoW work fine without any addons enabled? When you reinstalled did you let it completely finish patching, or did you wait for the status bar to turn green and say playable? I've had problems with this in the past so I thought I would ask.

02-26-13, 08:34 PM   #415
poleherbehr77
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Does WoW work fine without any addons enabled? When you reinstalled did you let it completely finish patching, or did you wait for the status bar to turn green and say playable? I've had problems with this in the past so I thought I would ask.
Yes to all questions, I played for a few hours last night prior to fresh install. I also unselected all addons to check and see if something messed up on the install. The game without addons running plays normal.

If all addons are disabled the game is 99% normal with the exception that all bars have a new darker skin over them that mimics RealUI.

02-26-13, 08:38 PM   #416
Jasmer
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

That'll be Aurora Missing Textures.

Have you completely updated all addons? This can easily be done since you have the Curse Client. Many of the addons that come with RealUI need to be updated.

02-26-13, 08:41 PM   #417
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

A very odd WTF folder issue, to be sure. If there's only one folder under the WTF\Account folder, and WoW is located under C:\, then I can't think of anything to cause this behaviour.

02-26-13, 08:45 PM   #418
poleherbehr77
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
That'll be Aurora Missing Textures.

Have you completely updated all addons? This can easily be done since you have the Curse Client. Many of the addons that come with RealUI need to be updated.
sigh... updated all addons, no effect

02-26-13, 08:54 PM   #419
poleherbehr77
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
So the fact that the read-only on the WTF folder is NOT stayin selected isn't an issue?

02-26-13, 08:57 PM   #420
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by poleherbehr77 View Post
So the fact that the read-only on the WTF folder is NOT stayin selected isn't an issue?
I don't think so, no. That check-box always stays lit, just unchecking it once and applying changes is enough.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » RealUI » RealUI