08-10-18, 06:20 AM   #1
Basil2
An Aku'mai Servant
How to publish addon?

It looks like that most people download addons from Twitch. But I didn't find there any "upload" button.

1. How to make addon available on Twich?

2. Should it also be placed on some other resources? (there, curse, etc)
08-10-18, 06:32 AM   #2
Rilgamon
Premium Member

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Curseforge/wowace is the source for the addons of Twitch.
https://wow.curseforge.com/addons
WoWInterface is the source for the addons of Minion.

You should consider uploading your addons here and on curse to reach users who dont like twitch.
http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/upload-update.php
08-10-18, 06:43 AM   #3
Kanegasi
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Rilgamon View Post
You should consider uploading your addons here and on curse to reach users who dont like twitch.
Twitch and Curse are the same system. Twitch bought Curse. The Twitch client pulls all Curse addons.
08-10-18, 12:10 PM   #4
Ammako
A Frostmaul Preserver
Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
Twitch and Curse are the same system. Twitch bought Curse. The Twitch client pulls all Curse addons.
I think what Rilgamon was suggesting was to upload to WoWI for the users who don't like Twitch, but I can see how that sentence could have been misinterpreted in the way you did.
08-10-18, 08:50 AM   #5
Basil2
An Aku'mai Servant
Thank you for the answer!
08-10-18, 02:35 PM   #6
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

To start your project on Twitch/Curseforge, here is the link: https://wow.curseforge.com/ and all you need to do is click the button for Start Your Project.

Once there, you have a choice (last time I checked, anyway) of uploading zip files or using the repository system. Curseforge supports Git, Mercurial (Hg), and SVN. It can also pull from external repositories like GitHub. You will also have access to their localization system (you have to turn it on per project) and let users submit translations. If you are using a repository system, it will automatically grab the latest localizations and build your zip for you. If you are manually uploading zip files, do not forget to export the latest translations and update your files. That is not automatically done for you. Finally, Curseforge offers Author Reward Points (opt-in) where you can collect points based on downloads. You can trade those in for various rewards.

Wowinterface does support repositories, but other than SVN, I am not sure which ones. For authors, it is the second largest collection of addons, many of which are in both Wowinterface and Curseforge, but as noted by Rilgamon, it is a good idea to upload in both places. Wowinterface does have a couple of methods to pull files from Curseforge and hosts copies here. You will need to manually update your changelog if you do that, but that is minor. And finally, for authors, the forums here on Wowinterface are much more frequented by your fellow authors along with users. Curseforge does have forums, but they are not as active. Oh, and I did forget that Wowinterface supports manual zip uploads as well.

Hopefully all that helps.
08-12-18, 03:03 PM   #7
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Here is the FAQ section on uploading here:
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/faq.php?faq=managing
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » How to publish addon?