04-07-08, 06:10 AM   #1
Xyrus
A Fallenroot Satyr

Name of a Frame searched ...

i need for moving a Frame, the Name of the Frame (Screenshot)

Screen: http://www.abload.de/img/bgqzp5.jpg

trigger with mouseover and "/print GetMouseFocus():GetName()" dosent work for this frame :/

big THX
04-07-08, 06:33 AM   #2
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Visor2 + Visor2GUI are good for moving frames.

/vzg toggle to open the GUI.

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
04-07-08, 08:05 AM   #3
Xyrus
A Fallenroot Satyr

i dont need a new addon to move frames!

i only need the name from this frame to move it with "Move Anything"

Last edited by Xyrus : 04-07-08 at 08:09 AM.
04-07-08, 09:42 AM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
You didn't say that you already had MoveAnything installed. I forget the name of that frame, but it's even controlled by some minimap addons and pvp addons. Anyway, doesn't MoveAnything have a feature of its own to find out frame names? It's been aaaages since I last used it and found out that it screwed with the sliding of my open windows.

Anyway, this is the wrong forum for this question. Moving.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

04-07-08, 10:01 AM   #5
OrcanWonder
A Cyclonian

How can this be the wrong forum? He's not asking "How to move" something, he was asking for a "Frame Name". Your comment added nothing to the thread itself, and as a forum moderater (self proclaimed as a "Super Moderator") your comments should add something to the thread. Seerah, you just lost a little respect in my eyes.

Last edited by OrcanWonder : 04-07-08 at 10:04 AM.
04-07-08, 10:38 AM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by OrcanWonder View Post
How can this be the wrong forum?
It was in the Class Discussions forum. That's why I said I was moving it.
He's not asking "How to move" something, he was asking for a "Frame Name".
I said that I couldn't remember the frame name, but noted that I recalled there being a feature in his mod of choice, Move Anything, to find frame names. I think that's helpful. If he comes back and says that that function has been removed or that it still doesn't work, then you go from there.
Your comment added nothing to the thread itself, and as a forum moderater (self proclaimed as a "Super Moderator") your comments should add something to the thread. Seerah, you just lost a little respect in my eyes.
I'm sorry? I'm sick and not in a cheerful mood atm, but I still took the time out of my morning to help him to the best of my abilities. Just because I couldn't hold his hand and give him the answer you wanted me to give him doesn't mean that my comments were worthless.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

04-07-08, 10:46 AM   #7
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Code:
/script ChatFrame1:AddMessage(GetMouseFocus():GetName()
Put your cusor over the frame and type type.

And move anything has a frame finder..

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
04-07-08, 10:49 AM   #8
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
You forgot a ")", Dread, but he said that he already tried that (as long as he has a mod that uses AceConsole enabled, the /print command does the same thing as you listed). But thank you for confirming the frame finder in MA.

04-07-08, 11:24 AM   #9
Shirik
Blasphemer!
Premium Member
WoWInterface Super Mod
DevTools' ability /dtframestack should be able to pick up the frame without a problem so long as it has a name.
しりたくなかったんだ
It's my turn next.

Shakespeare liked regexes too!
/(bb|[^b]{2})/
04-07-08, 11:35 AM   #10
Slakah
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Shirik View Post
DevTools' ability /dtframestack should be able to pick up the frame without a problem so long as it has a name.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...eresMyCow.html

does the same thing.
04-07-08, 04:24 PM   #11
Xyrus
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by Dreadlorde View Post
Code:
/script ChatFrame1:AddMessage(GetMouseFocus():GetName()
Put your cusor over the frame and type type.

And move anything has a frame finder..
iam not a noob and i know that move anything has a finder and i know this script!

but both say only WorldFrame to me - and this ist the prob that i have!
04-07-08, 07:08 PM   #12
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

It is very likely the frame has no name. When recently trying to bind panels in eepanels to a frame i used the moveanthing finder only to find out they have no name and therefore could not be bound to the panel.

Im unsure if there is a way to add a name but i would gather it has to be done int he code for the addon in question.

There is a keybind you can set for moveanything to try and move it. Though if i recall using that on a nameless frame will have no effect.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
04-07-08, 07:38 PM   #13
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
The frame has a name, it's just that it doesn't always exist, or sometimes there are multiple instances of it at once. Mods that control it (there are some, as I mentioned in my first post) always have to do some special voodoo to hook it. But it exists and it is part of the minimap cluster. The tools others mentioned in this thread would have found the name of it, I believe (like Where's My Cow), but I just took a look through the Chinchilla code and the SSPVP2 code to find the name of the frame.

WorldStateCaptureBar

edit: and Xyrus, I would check your attitude and pull it back a notch. No one called you a noob. It's just that you weren't exactly forthcoming with what you had already tried and what didn't work for you.

04-08-08, 01:29 AM   #14
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

So if im following what your saying seerah. that its not always possible to use a mod like MA to find the name but there should almost always be something in the code that names the frame?

Only asking so when i come across it next time and MA wont see it i have a place to look.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
04-08-08, 03:06 AM   #15
Xyrus
A Fallenroot Satyr

i cant move the WorldStateCaptureBar

it say to me it is not a Name of a known Frame (and yes i can see the frame to the time that i test to move it)

i think the problem is that the frame is a child from Minimap Frame - have anyone a tip for me?

i use SimpleMinimap for my Minimap

Last edited by Xyrus : 04-08-08 at 03:11 AM.
04-08-08, 09:32 AM   #16
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Then use SimpleMiniMap to move it. Turn on your movers.

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
it's even controlled by some minimap addons and pvp addons.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Name of a Frame searched ...