01-06-14, 12:31 PM   #1
Nikkomcbrain
A Murloc Raider
new here, need Leatrix help

I just signed in today. was here yesterday in hopes of curing my woefully slow windows 8.1 fps issues.
I installed the lag fixer as per instructions. While it has made some improvements in gaming the fps goes down to around 5-6 which makes boss encounters very awful. After unzipping the files in the wow interface addons folder, I restarted and got the green dot on my mini map. Then I tried to restructure the ground clutter and shadows, since that time the green icon no longer is on or near the minimap.
So my question is is the latency repair actually working?
Also I never did get the install box frame I simply unzipped the file after the browse function in the aforementioned folder, could I have done something diffrently?

By the way this is an HP all in one unit with windows 8.1. Processor is AMD that I recently updated the drivers on.
01-06-14, 12:43 PM   #2
Resike
A Pyroguard Emberseer
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Nikkomcbrain View Post
I just signed in today. was here yesterday in hopes of curing my woefully slow windows 8.1 fps issues.
I installed the lag fixer as per instructions. While it has made some improvements in gaming the fps goes down to around 5-6 which makes boss encounters very awful. After unzipping the files in the wow interface addons folder, I restarted and got the green dot on my mini map. Then I tried to restructure the ground clutter and shadows, since that time the green icon no longer is on or near the minimap.
So my question is is the latency repair actually working?
Also I never did get the install box frame I simply unzipped the file after the browse function in the aforementioned folder, could I have done something diffrently?

By the way this is an HP all in one unit with windows 8.1. Processor is AMD that I recently updated the drivers on.
AMD and driver update is a bad thing. Try to roll back if you can.
01-06-14, 09:11 PM   #3
Nikkomcbrain
A Murloc Raider
To clarify I installed LLF. It worked until I reset the settings to low in a boss fight, since then no green box, so Im not sure it is working properly. Also to note the install box never showed. So i placed the file inside the addon folder manually.
01-06-14, 09:34 PM   #4
Nikkomcbrain
A Murloc Raider
as it turns out it was LLP not the fix...Was so confused. Thanks for responding.
To be honest it isn't much better. I still have run the game on every low setting and getting 17 fps. So no real change. Thanks anyway.

And now the latency is 134 worls and home . it was 78 and 77....seriously what is oing on??

Last edited by Nikkomcbrain : 01-06-14 at 09:52 PM.
01-06-14, 10:25 PM   #5
10leej
A Molten Giant

as it turns out it was LLP not the fix...Was so confused. Thanks for responding.
To be honest it isn't much better. I still have run the game on every low setting and getting 17 fps. So no real change. Thanks anyway.

And now the latency is 134 worls and home . it was 78 and 77....seriously what is oing on??
Laten y can be affected by the quality of any network equipment and the isp's network as well. There's no solid garauntee on a fix but 134 ms is still pretty darn good.

As for the fps issues it come with those all in one comps. Their just not built and intended for gaming or even power computing (WoW pretty much requires a bit of both)
01-06-14, 10:25 PM   #6
Phanx
Cat.

Leatrix Latency Fix is not some magical thing that makes your computer able to communicate with the WoW servers instantaneously without regard for the laws of physics. While it will optimize your computer's ability to communicate with the servers for many online games -- including, but not limited to, WoW -- there's only so much a software tweak can do. The speed and reliability of your connection are still ultimately dependent on the physical hardware (computers, routers, cables, etc.) connecting you to the Internet, the operating systems and drivers running on that hardware, and the sum of all other traffic passing through the same hardware. You're never going to have a perfectly stable connection where every single packet takes exactly the same amount of time to get from point A to point B. That's just not how it works.

Anyway, latency in the neighborhood of 75-135ms is perfectly fine, and I can't really see how a network connection issue would have any real effect on your framerate in WoW. Here's what I'd suggest, in this order:

(1) Do you have the same problem when all addons are disabled? If not, then the problem is most likely an outdated addon spamming the game with errors; the game does not show you addon errors by default. Go into Interface Options > Help and enable "Display Lua Errors". If any errors pop up, disable the addons causing them, or just keep disabling addons until you stop getting errors. Use the Curse Client to get (and keep) all your addons up to date. Get rid of any addons that aren't being updated anymore.

(2) You mentioned that you recently updated drivers on your computer. Did the problem start right after that? If so, then the issue is probably a buggy driver. Go find older versions of all the drivers you updated, and roll back. Start with your video card driver, as that's the most likely culprit.

(3) When is the last time you scanned your computer for malware? Microsoft Security Essentials is free and easy to install and use, or there are many other popular anti-malware suites out there. If you don't already have one, go get one. If you do have one, or you just got one, let it do a full system scan.

(4) Look at anything else you recently changed with your computer or network setup, and try undoing it. Did you install some new software recently? Disable or uninstall it. Did you upgrade the firmware on your router? Roll it back. etc.
01-06-14, 10:52 PM   #7
Nikkomcbrain
A Murloc Raider
To be fair I am not expecting miracles. It has improved the quality of the envoronment. The drivers were updated a year ago. I did try and roll them back but to no avail. I did check the addons through curse and they are all up to date. I basically disabled all the addons except LLP. the boss fights are still a bit tough but the frames are not totally freezing down now.

I use CCleaner and delete temp files on a regular basis. The computer is only used to play wow and I wish I could streamline it even further. I turned up the processor speed a bit to just under 1.40 ghz. almost all the way but not. I have turned the environment to the basic functions. Turned the energy usage to high performance.

I do appreciate what this does, but like all thins I want more power...lol
01-06-14, 11:01 PM   #8
10leej
A Molten Giant

I turned up the processor speed a bit to just under 1.40 ghz. almost all the way but not. I have turned the environment to the basic functions. Turned the energy usage to high performance.

I do appreciate what this does, but like all thins I want more power...lol

There's your problem regardless of what model CPU it is I highly doubt 1.4GHz is enough to run WoW. Its an incredibly CPU intensive game.
01-07-14, 10:13 AM   #9
Nikkomcbrain
A Murloc Raider
as a side note I turned off the screen saver and made it just plain white. It dramatically altered the fps so now those boss fights are at least manageable.
01-07-14, 10:38 AM   #10
10leej
A Molten Giant

as a side note I turned off the screen saver and made it just plain white. It dramatically altered the fps so now those boss fights are at least manageable.
Thats really about all you can do without overclocking that cpu further, which is highly not recommended with an AIO comp.
01-07-14, 02:44 PM   #11
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by 10leej View Post
There's your problem regardless of what model CPU it is I highly doubt 1.4GHz is enough to run WoW. Its an incredibly CPU intensive game.
That's got to be about the bare minimum for running Windows 8, even...
01-07-14, 08:39 PM   #12
10leej
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
That's got to be about the bare minimum for running Windows 8, even...
It's the recommended

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Tech Chat » new here, need Leatrix help