10-26-09, 08:05 AM   #1
webrunner
A Kobold Labourer
Position on multi-level dungeon maps incorrect

Hi, I've been using Carbonite for some time, but since the update adding the Blizzard instance maps for Northrend, in instances where there are multiple maps, the location on the map is inaccurate.

Sometimes it's working fine
Sometimes it shows myself as being in the same position on another map, but my party members are shown properly.
Sometimes it shows myself being in the right position, but shows my party members in the wrong spot.

Here's an example from Culling of Strathome: We were just entering the end gauntlet, but it shows me still outside the city:

This is consistent - it occurs in virtually every multi-map instance.

03-28-10, 06:36 AM   #2
timginter
A Kobold Labourer
Bump!

Same problem here, it is unimaginably annoying. Any ideas? Maybe someone without the issue can post their map and minimap settings?

04-02-10, 10:46 PM   #3
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
There is no easy if any fix for that, since Blizzard does not have a very flexible way of telling what level of the dungeon you and your party members are on. The current map you are in has to be selected for it to give you the level. If you mouse on/off the zone on the map, does it correct it?

04-05-10, 08:15 AM   #4
sconley
An Aku'mai Servant
I'm having the same or similar problem.
For the WOW world map at full screen, the various map levels work.
For the WOW world map in a window, I cannot change the map level.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Position on multi-level dungeon maps incorrect