09-05-14, 06:26 AM   #1
HearthCore
An Aku'mai Servant
Unit Frames options missing from Blizzards Interface Config

I've had this problem for a while, I wanted to disable the default Arena Frames in Arena (Since i use GladiusEx).. and never found the option while others clearly stated it was there, and obvious.

Now, after seeing a screenshot I've found that there are multiple Menu Entries missing on the left side.

This is for the German Local, if that does matter in any way.
I've uploaded the pictures, one with RealUI enabled, one without it enabled.

I hope you can either fix those options or integrate them in RealUI in the future.

Greetings
09-05-14, 11:02 AM   #2
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
I do plan to add this, but have you checked in Gladius's options? It seems odd to me that an arena addon would not have the option to remove the default arena frames.

09-05-14, 12:05 PM   #3
HearthCore
An Aku'mai Servant
It seems they removed those options since it's pretty easy to find in the official interface options.
So... yea.. nope.
09-05-14, 03:24 PM   #4
geekyadam
A Black Drake

Originally Posted by HearthCore View Post
It seems they removed those options since it's pretty easy to find in the official interface options.
So... yea.. nope.
I agree with Gethe that it's odd that an Arena Frame addon does not include the ability to hide the Blizzard Arena Frames. I'm not familiar with GladiusEx, but I'm almost certain that Gladius, Gladius V3, and GladiusMoP all hide the Blizzard Arena Frames by default. If you're not married to GladiusEx, maybe you should give one of those addons a try instead?
Alternatively, you could wait for a bit while Gethe and/or nib finish working on implementing custom Arena Frames right into RealUI. They likely won't have as much configuration and features as addons such as Gladius though, just fyi. They will be modeled similar to the RealUI boss frames; simple and clean.
09-06-14, 06:11 AM   #5
HearthCore
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by geekyadam View Post
I agree with Gethe that it's odd that an Arena Frame addon does not include the ability to hide the Blizzard Arena Frames. I'm not familiar with GladiusEx, but I'm almost certain that Gladius, Gladius V3, and GladiusMoP all hide the Blizzard Arena Frames by default. If you're not married to GladiusEx, maybe you should give one of those addons a try instead?
Alternatively, you could wait for a bit while Gethe and/or nib finish working on implementing custom Arena Frames right into RealUI. They likely won't have as much configuration and features as addons such as Gladius though, just fyi. They will be modeled similar to the RealUI boss frames; simple and clean.
I'm good for now. Had to disable RealUI to make the options appear and disable the blizzard arena frames.
Seems like the options are not blocked, but hidden, with RealUI enabled.. It just puzzled me before and may be puzzling others the same.

Again, this might just happen for the german local, I don't know if other languages are affected aswell.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » RealUI » Unit Frames options missing from Blizzards Interface Config