11-08-05, 07:49 AM   #1
Thirsterhall
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Code highlight bugs

The lastest version .11 is have some big problems with color coding of the code in lua files. It starts off fine but it doesn't take much editing of the file for the color coding to get all messed up. It still shows error correctly in the bottem pane but the red undelining also get messed up quite a bit.
11-08-05, 02:00 PM   #2
Nulkris
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Is it just error markers being left behind as you edit, or is the normal highlighting of the lua code also being affected?
11-09-05, 09:47 AM   #3
Thirsterhall
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Normal color coding is also getting all messed up. Entire chunkd of code being left with no color. Blue (text) starting in the middle of a quoted string and running for 2-3 line past the end of the quote. things like that. Also I'v now had to restart the app twice after having the color highlighting so messed up it was getting pretty hard to tell what was what so I closed to lua file and reopened it and it reopened blank. If I rstarted the app it opened fine after that.
11-12-05, 02:32 PM   #4
ninmonkeys
A Murloc Raider
I've also noticed this happen to the syntax highliter (ie: not the error line)

Most of the time it fixes itself after after a little bit of typing, else most of the time I can force it to update by adding a few empy lines and possible deleting them after the code that isn't colored.

(Maybe the highliter isn't being updated at certain times that it's suppoed to be. It looks like it just needs to be refreshed/updated)

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Code highlight bugs