11-02-09, 05:05 PM   #1
nonretadin
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

PTR downloading Guide

hello i am looking for a guide on how and where to download the PTR so i can join i dont want to get a link to someone thats like (@(*@&(#&!@ > @#&@*)!(#&)! > (*^(^&*% and your good to go! just wanting to know ike

1. go to download page clikc the link
2. save this file into your ************ folder... Extract this Delete this move this ect you know?

yup themz da banana'z
11-02-09, 05:29 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Assuming you play on US servers...

1. At the world of warcraft official site, under the General Guide heading on the left side, hover over "Under Development" and click "Public Test Realm" in the menu that pops up. (Alternately, http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/ptr)

2. This takes you to a page with links to download the client and copy a character to the PTR servers.

3. Click PC or Mac and save the downloader to your computer. Run it and follow the directions. The PTR is large - it's a copy of the game, so this will take a while.

4. Run the game from the location you installed to. It probably also put a shortcut on your desktop to use also.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

11-02-09, 08:14 PM   #3
nonretadin
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

went to the website downloaded it but i think i saved it to the wrong place?

i cant find where to open it there isnt a shortcut i cant find it under start menu tried to open from file folder that didnt work... help

yup themz da banana'z
11-02-09, 11:24 PM   #4
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
One important thing a lot of people fail to tell others about installing the PTR.. do not install it into your current WoW folder. The PTR install should be placed into its very own folder.
11-03-09, 07:28 AM   #5
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by nonretadin View Post
hello i am looking for a guide on how and where to download the PTR
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=27662
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Tech Chat » PTR downloading Guide