11-06-12, 01:27 PM   #1
Jynks
A Frostmaul Preserver
I'm back... please help me get my UI back!

Hi.. I have been gone for about a year... just came back to check out Panda Town... anyway.. I am trying to put my UI together and having some problems... so I hope you guys can recommend me some mods...

1) I am looking for a tooltip mod that moves the tooltip to the mouse cursor... TinyTip seams to be dead.. and I tried TipTac, it had some cool stuff but i couldn't work out how to get the tooltip to go on the mouse cursor (and then slightly offset it so you can see still)?

2) Looking for a good gear mode..

3) Also what is a good dot timer? I used to use dottimer but I always foudn it a bit complex.. maybe tehre are better solutions now?

4) Also what is a good minimap mod... one that can resize it?

5) Also I used to love deposit box.. is there anythign like this anymore.. basically you set a tax rate on your income say 20%.. it would set aside 20% of all your income in the deposit box as a way to force saving.. all vendors or Ah could only use the gold , you had to manually transfer gold from your savings to use it

6) Also I used to use a cooldown mod.. it was like a single bar you could place and the icons slid down it for your cooldowns... not really a dot timer.. any cooldowns.. and when they hit the end it would grow the icon big

NEW

7) A mod to adjust the BUFF icons in the top right of screen.. at least MOVE and SCALE

8) How can I move the "you have won" loot thign that pops up after you win a roll?

Thanks in advance!!

Last edited by Jynks : 11-08-12 at 06:46 PM.
11-06-12, 01:34 PM   #2
Clamsoda
A Frostmaul Preserver
1. TipTac does tend to be a good ToolTip addon, but it is a bit bloated for my taste. That being said, I believe you are able to anchor the ToolTip to the cursor via the anchor options. I am a bit fuzzy on the options, but I believe you just select cursor in the drop down menu for each type of ToolTip (global, item etc). Currently I am using FreebTip, and while I don't use the cursor anchor, I know it offers support for this.

2. Typically for DoT classes, there are dedicated addons that make tracking your class' DoTs much easier. I know for balance druids there exists DruidTimerBars, and I know there are a few for warlocks. For general purpose timer bars you might try Gnosis, NugRunning, or ClassTimer.

Sorry that I wasn't able to provide any end-all answers to your questions, just had some free time during server down time =[.
11-06-12, 05:12 PM   #3
Kendian
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I would try Pocket Plot for minimap, and Coolline for your cooldowns~
11-06-12, 08:13 PM   #4
tinyu
A Molten Giant

minimap try chinchilla
good gear mod try playerscore/gearscore
11-06-12, 10:33 PM   #5
Phanx
Cat.

Unless you are leading PUG raids, you do not need any kind of "score" addon for checking other players' gear; the LFG/LFR content is nowhere near fine-tuned enough for gear to matter beyond whether the system lets you queue for it, and in a guild, you should trust your players to know what stats their class uses and equip/enchant/gem/reforge appropriately.

Even if you are forming a PUG raid out of trade chat (does that even happen these days?) the average item level that the game provides nowadays is really all you need to know... addons like Equipped Average Item Level Tooltip (could that name be any longer?) can add it to players' tooltips, and inspect addons like Examiner show you that (and more) when you inspect someone.

For cooldowns and DoT timers you might check out Raven or ForteXorcist. Both can do DoT timer bars and "timeline" style cooldown bars. Raven can also do regular buffs/debuffs, and I know its author is very active in answering questions. Forte has more specialized features for warlocks, but does work for all classes.

If you're looking for a standalone cooldown addon, I second Kendian's recommendation for CoolLine.

I don't personally use any DoT timer bars since my unit frames have custom aura filtering, but some popular standalone ones include nugRunning, Ellipsis, and NeedToKnow, and you can find lots more in the Buff, Debuff, Spell category here on WoWI.

For the minimap, there are tons to choose from; just browse the map addons category and find one you like.
11-08-12, 11:51 AM   #6
Jynks
A Frostmaul Preserver
I've found some ones I think I like.. but still looking for others...

Originally Posted by Jynks View Post
2) Looking for a good gear mode..
Outfitter - Was the one I was looking for... I wasn't after a gear compare mode like peopel thought.. I just wanted a morwe advanced outfit system than default and I also really like the auto gear selector it has.. this is very good for leveling when you get new gear like every hour.. simply select teh stats you wish your gear to max and hti rebuild ad it will automatically pick it.. really good for leveling with 2 gear sets. (say dps and healing)

4) Also what is a good minimap mod... one that can resize it?
Sexy Map - Seams to have everything I am looking for

6) Also I used to use a cooldown mod.. it was liek a single bar you could place and the icons slid down it for your cooldowns... nto really a dot timer.. any cooldowns.. and when they hit the end it woudl grow the icon big
Cool Line - Exactly what i was looking for..

Still missing a few but looking good so far. See OP for list

Thanks again for all your help

Last edited by Jynks : 11-08-12 at 11:57 AM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » I'm back... please help me get my UI back!