Quantcast Annoying Pop-up Remover - WoWInterface
Thread Tools Display Modes
07-12-15, 05:18 PM   #1
KyrosKrane
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 13
Annoying Pop-up Remover

So I finally got irritated enough by all those annoying prompts that looting a Primal Spirit is bad for my health, can cause cancer, and will bind to me. I wrote this addon to remove the annoying pop-ups that don't really add value to the game and just get in the way.

Download: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...upRemover.html

As soon as I can figure out how to make a screenshot of the game NOT showing a popup, I'll add that too!

Questions, suggestions, and feedback always welcome!
  Reply With Quote
07-13-15, 07:27 AM   #2
chimorra
A Murloc Raider
 
chimorra's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 6
great idea

great idea, really annoying popups from time to time is it possible to add "your addons are experiencing a large number of errors" pop up to get blocked aswell
  Reply With Quote
07-13-15, 12:12 PM   #3
KyrosKrane
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 13
Originally Posted by chimorra View Post
great idea, really annoying popups from time to time is it possible to add "your addons are experiencing a large number of errors" pop up to get blocked aswell
Hmm, I've never seen that popup before. Could you get me a screenshot of it, or the exact message in the popup, please? I'll investigate it. I'd imagine, though, that the proper solution there is to fix whatever addon is causing the issue in the first place ...
  Reply With Quote
07-13-15, 12:44 PM   #4
semlar
A Pyroguard Emberseer
 
semlar's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,059
Originally Posted by chimorra View Post
is it possible to add "your addons are experiencing a large number of errors" pop up to get blocked aswell
If you have this error it means one of your addons is seriously malfunctioning and needs to be disabled because it's impacting performance.

Turn on lua errors in the system help menu in-game to identify what's causing this.
  Reply With Quote
08-01-16, 07:23 AM   #5
KyrosKrane
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 13
Whoops! Forgot to post here that I've updated this, and it's ready for 7.0.3. I've also added an additional annoyance - selling group-looted items no longer gives you a pop-up.
  Reply With Quote
07-26-18, 12:07 PM   #6
Deadhand
A Kobold Labourer
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 1
Originally Posted by KyrosKrane View Post
Whoops! Forgot to post here that I've updated this, and it's ready for 7.0.3. I've also added an additional annoyance - selling group-looted items no longer gives you a pop-up.
Hey, found this from a google search and saw on the addon site that you've recently updated this; I was wondering as to the above question, have you found a way to add the pop-up stating your addons are experiencing too many errors? I understand the "severity" of this popup as you above mentioned, however even with "too many errors" I suffer no performance impact, and have to click ignore on this popup every time I logon a new character, not to mention I use a "dialog key" to auto-click most popups, and when this pops up in the middle of combat or screwing around (or selecting dialog chat in a quest pane) I mistakenly click to disable addons, which is infuriating.

Thanks for the addon regardless, nice to get rid of most stupid spam popups!
  Reply With Quote
07-26-18, 10:27 PM   #7
KyrosKrane
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 13
Originally Posted by Deadhand View Post
Hey, found this from a google search and saw on the addon site that you've recently updated this; I was wondering as to the above question, have you found a way to add the pop-up stating your addons are experiencing too many errors? I understand the "severity" of this popup as you above mentioned, however even with "too many errors" I suffer no performance impact, and have to click ignore on this popup every time I logon a new character, not to mention I use a "dialog key" to auto-click most popups, and when this pops up in the middle of combat or screwing around (or selecting dialog chat in a quest pane) I mistakenly click to disable addons, which is infuriating.

Thanks for the addon regardless, nice to get rid of most stupid spam popups!
The logic hasn't really changed here. That's a WoW system message telling you one of your addons is so badly out of date, WoW thinks it should be disabled. The best fix there is to contact the addon author and see if they're still interested in updating their addon. If not, maybe post on the various addon forums and see if someone else wants to pick up the addon and prepare a fix for it?

Even if I did want to remove that popup, I wouldn't know where to begin. I don't have a popup misbehaving that badly. Without seeing the actual popup, it's hard to find the right bit of code to hook into to disable it.

Out of curiosity, what's the addon causing most of these errors for you?
  Reply With Quote
07-26-18, 10:28 PM   #8
KyrosKrane
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 13
Oh, and I guess I should note that I've updated the addon for 8.0.x
  Reply With Quote

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Annoying Pop-up Remover

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off