04-04-06, 04:07 AM   #41
Gello
A Molten Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
As far as I'm aware you can't change the skinning event to mining. Same for herbalism.

Ore and herb nodes are not units and do not fire UPDATE_MOUSEOVER_UNIT. There doesn't appear to be an event for any generic tooltip.

Sorry I spent an afternoon once trying to get an herbalism event and couldn't. It may be possible but I don't know how.
04-05-06, 10:19 AM   #42
Aeneas-KuM
A Kobold Labourer
Trinket Priority Queue

In ITEMUSED and NOTIFY I have the same script. It rotates the trinkets upon priority and if the CD is over.
Code:
local trinketslot, _ = GetInventorySlotInfo("Trinket1Slot");
local trinkets = {
   "Großmeister der Arena",
   "Insignien der Allianz",
   "Mal der Resolution",
   "Talisman von Arathor",
   "Barov-Arbeiterrufer",
   "Rune der Perfektion"
};

for _, t in ipairs(trinkets) do
   local inv,bag,slot = Rack.FindItem(nil, t);
   local s, d, e;
   local ignore=false;

if inv == trinketslot then
      s, d, e = GetInventoryItemCooldown("player", inv);
   elseif bag and slot then
      s, d, e = GetContainerItemCooldown(bag,slot);
   else
      ignore=true;
   end

if ( not ignore and (s + d <= 30 )) then
      if not inv and bag and slot then
	 if UnitAffectingCombat("player") or Rack.IsPlayerReallyDead() then
	    local _,itemID = Rack.GetItemInfo(bag, slot)
	    Rack.AddToCombatQueue(trinketslot ,itemID)
	 else
	    PickupContainerItem(bag,slot);
	    PickupInventoryItem(trinketslot);
	 end;
      end;
      break;
   end;
end;

Last edited by Aeneas-KuM : 04-05-06 at 10:30 AM.
04-11-06, 06:18 PM   #43
Allanth
A Kobold Labourer
Gello, I was looking at your EVENT for switching gear when the target has the GOUGE debuff and I followed everything you have written down. However, it does not seem to work. Currently i am using itemrack ver 1.94 and when I attempt to use the event i recieve string errors . Any suggestions?

EDIT:

Working version below from Gello!
name: Gouge
event: UNIT_AURA
delay: 0
script:
local f
for i=1,16 do
if UnitDebuff("target",i)=="Interface\\Icons\\Ability_Gouge" then f,i = 1,17 end
end
if f and not IR_GOUGED then
EquipSet() IR_GOUGED=1
elseif not f and IR_GOUGED then
LoadSet() IR_GOUGED=nil
end
Thanks again gello!

Last edited by Allanth : 04-12-06 at 09:17 PM.
04-14-06, 05:45 PM   #44
starus
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Gello
As far as I'm aware you can't change the skinning event to mining. Same for herbalism.

Ore and herb nodes are not units and do not fire UPDATE_MOUSEOVER_UNIT. There doesn't appear to be an event for any generic tooltip.

Sorry I spent an afternoon once trying to get an herbalism event and couldn't. It may be possible but I don't know how.
That's a real pity, it would have been really handy. Thanks for investigating it.
04-24-06, 06:11 AM   #45
Lilithshade
A Kobold Labourer
Cool Trinket Swap

Hey first I wanted to thank you for this amazing addon!

I've been trying to figure out how to switch between 2 trinkets. One of them is the "Royal Seal of Eldre'thalas" and the other is "Devilsaur Eye". What I'm looking for is to have devilsaur eye equiped whenever it is ready to be used and when I use the trinket, it switches back to royal seal once the buff wears off. Also when the devilsaur's cooldown is finished, for it to re-equip that trinket so i can repeat the process. I read that previous reply on trinket rotating but all of those trinkets have cooldowns, while this one includes one that doesnt.

Any suggestions or help?

I checked the WowWiki Event stuff and saw the GetInventoryItemCooldown() but dont know how to use it to auto-equip the trinket once it's cooldown clears.

Currently when I use devilsaur eye with the ITEM_USED, it will immediately equip the other trinket without allowing the buff to even activate. The delay didn't seem to take effect.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE ANYONE THAT CAN HELP!
04-26-06, 01:15 AM   #46
Astos
An Aku'mai Servant

Evocation

This macro/event pair will swap in your spirit gear when you begin casting Evocation and then swap it out when you're done.

1. Make this macro to cast Evocation:
/script EVOCING=1 SaveSet("Spirit Gear") EquipSet("Spirit Gear")
/cast Evocation

2. Make this event:

Event: Mage:Evocation
Trigger: SPELLCAST_STOP
Delay: 1
Script:
if EVOCING and not CastingBarFrame.channeling then EVOCING=nil LoadSet() end
--[[Unequips a set when done casting Evocation]]

3. Associate the set "Spirit Gear" to the event. (can name it anything you want, doesn't need to be "Spirit Gear")
I did this, and I have double checked everything, but it still only equips my spirit gear when I start Evocation--it doesn't swap it back out when I am done.

Any ideas? I made the macro just as it says, and kept the names the same. I even checked for leading spaces before the Trigger.

Also, I have tried the base Evocation setup included in Item Rack, and it does the same thing--equips for the start of Evocation, but does not unequip at the end.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
04-26-06, 01:33 AM   #47
Gello
A Molten Giant
In that macro+event approach, change SPELLCAST_STOP to SPELLCAST_CHANNEL_STOP.

In the default events SPELLCAST_STOP will be changing to PLAYER_AURAS_CHANGED. I had meant to get this in 1.96 but it slipped. It will be in 1.97.

In the 1.10 patch, the SPELLCAST_STOP event no longer fires when a channeled spell ends.
04-26-06, 03:17 AM   #48
azzlack
A Murloc Raider

Default Set

Is it possible to make a default set. i.e. when I change from Nature Res. gear to Fire Res. gear, I want to change to my default set first and then to Fire Res. gear.

This makes it easier to update my sets with new items, but I do not know if it is possible.
04-26-06, 10:05 AM   #49
Astos
An Aku'mai Servant

In that macro+event approach, change SPELLCAST_STOP to SPELLCAST_CHANNEL_STOP.

In the default events SPELLCAST_STOP will be changing to PLAYER_AURAS_CHANGED. I had meant to get this in 1.96 but it slipped. It will be in 1.97.

In the 1.10 patch, the SPELLCAST_STOP event no longer fires when a channeled spell ends.
Thanks!! I will try that when I get home. And thank you for the wonderful addon!!
04-26-06, 12:03 PM   #50
Gello
A Molten Giant
Originally Posted by azzlack
Is it possible to make a default set. i.e. when I change from Nature Res. gear to Fire Res. gear, I want to change to my default set first and then to Fire Res. gear.

This makes it easier to update my sets with new items, but I do not know if it is possible.
Yeah you can make a default set, and then build sets off from it and use those others.
04-26-06, 02:13 PM   #51
Esamynn
Featured Artist
Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by azzlack

What I do is have a few complete sets that I use depending on the situation, and then I have a number of partial sets, including 1 for each type of resistance I carry gear for.

Then to use a resist set, I first equip the base set and then equip the partial set and only the slots that the partial set defines will be changed.
04-26-06, 03:07 PM   #52
Gello
A Molten Giant
Another trick is if you shift+click a set (in the menu or on the bar), if you're currently wearing that set it will unequip it. If you're not wearing that set it will equip it.

Say for instance you have these sets:
Nature Resist - bracer, cloak, boots, legs
Fire Resist - wrist, bp, helm, rings
PVP - most of a set
Tanking - most of a set
DPS - most of a set

When you zone into ZG: equip 'Tanking'
Before bat priestess: equip 'Fire Resist'
When done with bat priestess: shift+click 'Fire Resist' to unequip it (back to whatever was in those slots (Tanking) prior to equipping it)
Before snake priest: equip 'Nature Resist'
When done with snake priest: shift+click 'Nature Resist' to unequip it.

There's a new option in there also called 'Auto Toggle Sets' that does this without the shift.

If you select Tanking and you're not wearing all of Tanking, it equips Tanking.
If you select Fire Resist and you're not wearing all of Fire Resist, it equips Fire Resist.
If you select Fire Resist again and you're wearing all of Fire Resist, it unequips it.
etc

edit: Also, the unequip doesn't require a set be the last one equipped either. If you use for weapon sets (I do), you can do this:

Equip 'Tanking'
Equip '2h'
Equip '1h+shield'
Equip '2h'
Equip 'Nature Resist'
Equip '1h+shield'
Equip '2h'
Unequip 'Nature Resist' <- should unequip just the 'Nature Resist' slots irregardless of what happened since.

Last edited by Gello : 04-26-06 at 03:10 PM.
04-30-06, 07:11 PM   #53
sykick
A Kobold Labourer
Trinket Swapper

Hi All

id have to say Itemrack is one of the best mods out there thanx!

now i want a script similar to wot someone posted earlier except im no script pro so i found it hard to understand.

with item rack there is already a event script that changes out insignia of the alliance when it has finished cool down, which is great!

im wondering if there is a simple way to apply this to other trinkets as well?

examples being Venomous totem, Gnomish death ray etc.

THANX in advance for any help
04-30-06, 07:53 PM   #54
Gello
A Molten Giant
name: Death Ray Ready
trigger: ITEMRACK_NOTIFY
delay: 0
if arg1=="Gnomish Death Ray" then
EquipSet()
end
--[[Associate a set containing only the Gnomish Death Ray.]]

name: Death Ray Used
trigger: ITEMRACK_ITEMUSED
delay: 3 <- change to the cast time of the death ray (in seconds)
script:
if arg1=="Gnomish Death Ray" then
EquipSet()
end
--[[Associate a set containing only a trinket that's not the Gnomish Death Ray.]]

You could make it general purpose equip death ray, unequip to previous trinket with LoadSet() but the above is a trinket swap in its most simplest form.

(make sure Notify at 30 is checked in options if you want it to swap at 30 seconds instead of 0 seconds)
05-04-06, 04:38 AM   #55
tlai
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Aeneas-KuM
In ITEMUSED and NOTIFY I have the same script. It rotates the trinkets upon priority and if the CD is over.
Code:
local trinketslot, _ = GetInventorySlotInfo("Trinket1Slot");
local trinkets = {
   "Großmeister der Arena",
   "Insignien der Allianz",
   "Mal der Resolution",
   "Talisman von Arathor",
   "Barov-Arbeiterrufer",
   "Rune der Perfektion"
};

for _, t in ipairs(trinkets) do
   local inv,bag,slot = Rack.FindItem(nil, t);
   local s, d, e;
   local ignore=false;

if inv == trinketslot then
      s, d, e = GetInventoryItemCooldown("player", inv);
   elseif bag and slot then
      s, d, e = GetContainerItemCooldown(bag,slot);
   else
      ignore=true;
   end

if ( not ignore and (s + d <= 30 )) then
      if not inv and bag and slot then
	 if UnitAffectingCombat("player") or Rack.IsPlayerReallyDead() then
	    local _,itemID = Rack.GetItemInfo(bag, slot)
	    Rack.AddToCombatQueue(trinketslot ,itemID)
	 else
	    PickupContainerItem(bag,slot);
	    PickupInventoryItem(trinketslot);
	 end;
      end;
      break;
   end;
end;
This is in another language right? How would i use this (you saying ITEMUSED and NOTIFY in the same script). Can you give more details please?

When you go down
"Großmeister der Arena",
"Insignien der Allianz",
"Mal der Resolution",
"Talisman von Arathor",
"Barov-Arbeiterrufer",
"Rune der Perfektion"
if the trinket to the first one is back up and its on the 2nd change does it swap back the the first instead of the 3rd one?

If this event doesnt work then i can try another that my guildy is using but i cant get the work for some reason

ITEMRACK_NOTIFY
Delay: 0
if arg1=="Earthstrike" then EquipSet() end

Event 2: This swaps in ES when it's CD is at 30 seconds, ensuring it's ready to use as soon as trinket soon CD is over.

ITEMRACK_ITEMUSED
Delay: 20 seconds

if string.find( GetInventoryItemLink( "player",14 ) or "","Earthstrike") and GetInventoryItemCooldown( "player",14 )>0 and not IsInventoryItemLocked(14) then
EquipSet()
end

So what would be the best way of swapping the trinkets say ZHM, ES, BhB and maelstome so i'll get the best use of the timed trinkets

Thanks
05-17-06, 04:13 AM   #56
azzlack
A Murloc Raider

Could you make a similar event like Plaguelands for Fire and Nature Resistance dungeons in the next version?
05-18-06, 04:05 AM   #57
diskape
A Kobold Labourer
WTB help with creating an event =)

Is there a way to automatically cast Aspect of the Wild when i change my gear to Nature Resist set? I tried using events but im kinda noobish if it comes to lua =(

TIA
05-18-06, 05:48 AM   #58
Gello
A Molten Giant
re trinket queue: I can't say for sure now. Hopefully I'll have a way to make trinket queues easier to set up fairly soon.

re events: I probably won't be adding new default events until 2.0. You can copy the plaguelands one and use it as a guide to making FR and NR events.

re aspect of wild: There is no way to cast a spell in reaction to events. You can make it equip nature resist gear when you cast aspect of the wild (grab [url=http://gello.wowinterface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=4726]this side mod[/ulr] to make it), but not the other way around.
05-24-06, 05:54 AM   #59
healerdruid
A Kobold Labourer
innervate/blue dragon event item switching

Hi i have a druid with 3 main weapons for healing, the aurastone hammer/lei of the lifegiver which i use normally, and the will of arlokk as well.

I would like to set up my itemrack 1.96 so that when i gain innervate or blue dragon aura i automatically switch weapon to the will of the arlokk (much higher spirit); and when i lose innervate or the blue dragon aura i want to automatically switch back to the aurastone hammer/lei of the lifegiver.

Problem is I don't know how to write the command for it. If anyone could work out what i gotta write that would be awesome

Many thanks.

EDIT: i'm really new to this events scripting thing so please gimme something easy to copy/paste if possible

Last edited by healerdruid : 05-24-06 at 06:01 AM.
05-24-06, 08:30 AM   #60
Gello
A Molten Giant
Install this mod (you can remove or disable it once you have events set up): http://www.wowinterface.com/download...php?s=&id=4726 (ItemRack Buff Event Maker)

Then make a key binding to capture the buffs when blue dragon aura procs. Choose the buff then click Create and it will insert a new event into ItemRack to equip a set while you have that buff.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » ItemRack - Events