11-11-13, 07:53 PM   #3061
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Everlu View Post
In MSBT, it seems that pets' damage shows up in the Porky's font. I'm fairly certain this isn't an intentional aesthetic choice.
Definitely not intentional

11-12-13, 12:57 PM   #3062
geekyadam
A Black Drake

Talking

Long time RealUI user, first time poster here. Thanks tons for the time and devotion you've put into the UI, it makes WoW much more enjoyable to play! I have a bunch of questions, so I'll leave them all here and you can answer them if/when you find the time. Happy to post screenshots if desired.

QUESTIONS (feel free to address one at a time if you like):

-Is there any way to change the world map size like in default Blizzard UI? (i.e. one size is large and shows quests on right-hand side then you change size and its a smaller version of just the map that you can move around on the screen) This is one of my biggest requests, as I find myself opening my map often but its in that bigger mode with quest details showing and it takes up a big part of my screen. I'd like to be able to make it smaller like with the default Blizzard map and then leave it in a corner of my UI sometimes. The Zone Map is a bit too small for this and it doesn't show things like quest locations and dig sites.

-I noticed that changing the font settings for Chatter get overridden by the Font Settings in the RealUI Appearance settings. If you set the Chatter fonts all to size 10 but RealUI's Appearance settings are set to Font Size 12, then fonts are size 12 by default. So you have to change the settings in both places to set the font size/styles. Could you condense that to only be controlled by the RealUI Appearance settings or the Chatter settings?

-Would you ever consider switching the bag addon to one that offers a bit more customization and settings? I disabled the cargBags_Nivaya addon and started using Adibags and they're very customizable but still similar to cargBags in that each item shows sorted in its own category. There are also options to automatically group all gear items from your gear sets, which is really nice when you're disenchanting a bunch of dungeon drops and don't want to accidentally d/e your off-spec gear. Bunch of other great features as well, all configurable.

-Would it be possible to have an option to turn on the little triangles above the UI HP bars like in previous RealUI releases? I've seen some videos of the old interface and I think the little triangles pointing to current health level would be helpful for quick visual checks of the health of yourself and your target.

-I'm not sure if there is an addon included in RealUI by default that allows modifying the Loot Rolls or if they're just default Blizz frames with the Aurora window properties, but it'd be great if it was possible to change some of the settings for the Loot Rolls, like making the little popups smaller width to fit better in certain areas of the UI. I'm currently using XLoot, works great with the UI and Aurora. Did you ever consider just including XLoot in RealUI?

-I would love to remove the black background of the Skada windows I use, but I can't find a setting that allows that. However I admit, this may be a change made in Aurora, rather than RealUI. Let me know if its possible to remove the background or to even lower transparency. (Skada windows are currently set for no background, so that doesn't help)

-I noticed that the little mail icon in the bottom left of the screen sometimes stays on after I open all my mail and my mailbox is empty. I run back to the mailbox and click it to open my empty mailbox and then the little icon goes away.

-I used to use LUI and one feature I liked that RealUI doesn't have is that when you mouse-over the info text for current RAM usage, it would show the RAM usage for all addons sorted by most resource intensive. It helped a lot with finding out why your FPS dropped suddenly and which new addons are hogging your system's resources.

-Would it be hard to add the ability to anchor the minimap [and other parts of the UI] to the bottom or the center of the screen rather just topleft and bottomleft? This is useful when configuring the UI to work with different resolution monitors (i.e. my 1680x1050 desktop display and my 1440x900 laptop display).

-Would it be possible to add an option of bringing up the game menu (like when pressing Escape) when you right-click on the RealUI icon in the bottom-left of the screen? That way you could bring up settings for interfaces, macros, system (video/sound/etc) and stuff without having to press Escape to close all windows and then open the game menu. LUI did something similar; when you left-click the configuration icon it would bring up LUI settings, when you right-clicked it then it would bring up the game menu.

-I love the "farm mode" feature for the minimap. Anyway you could increase the maximum size to more than 200%? Maybe like 300% or 400% max?

-I've always wondered, what is the little yellow corner of the minimap? I don't think it means resting...is it the current world PvP status of the area you're in?

That's all for now. ^_^

Originally Posted by Everlu View Post
In MSBT, it seems that pets' damage shows up in the Porky's font. I'm fairly certain this isn't an intentional aesthetic choice.
Just bumping that I also saw this, just never thought to post a bug about it.

11-12-13, 04:27 PM   #3063
Rumil_Dunemaul
A Fallenroot Satyr

I love this addon. But I also love the artwork that blizz puts into it's frames for things like the spellbook and achievements etc. When I used to use tukui one feature I loved was the option to not reskin the blizzard frames for these things. Would you consider adding such an option, or am I just being an idiot and missed where to find it in the addon?

11-12-13, 06:01 PM   #3064
Massiveunit
A Black Drake

temporary fix for MSBT...wonder if this works?

MSBTOptions -> MSBTOptionsPopups.lua

before line:
frame.normalPreviewFontString:SetFont(fontPath, fontSize, outline)

insert:
frame.normalPreviewFontString:SetFont("Fonts\\FRIZQT__.TTF",20);

so it looks like:
frame.normalPreviewFontString:SetFont("Fonts\\FRIZQT__.TTF",20);
frame.normalPreviewFontString:SetFont(fontPath, fontSize, outline)

line:
if (fontPath and outline) then frame.critPreviewFontString:SetFont(fontPath, fontSize, outline) end

replace with:
if (fontPath and outline) then
frame.critPreviewFontString:SetFont("Fonts\\FRIZQT__.TTF",20);
frame.critPreviewFontString:SetFont(fontPath, fontSize, outline)
end

apperently there is a bug in blizzards method SetFont so it dont work even for existing font, but calling that same method with generic font (FRIZQ) fixes it

enjoy

11-12-13, 08:09 PM   #3065
3ernardo
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
Some addons can cause them to disappear (such as Zygor's Guides).
That was the case.
Thank you very much!

11-14-13, 02:07 PM   #3066
hukt_own_fonikz
A Defias Bandit
No switch available, sorry. Shouldn't take too long to get used to, though
I'm trying and I can't get used to it. It works properly for Rage, as in the bar fills red as I gain rage. But energy, mana, and focus are all the opposite, they fill with color as I use my resource. Please try and work in a switch for this. Thank you

11-14-13, 08:45 PM   #3067
Scyntt
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
So I've been digging around for the cast bar lua, and can't seem to find it. Suggestions?

11-15-13, 02:00 AM   #3068
Anj
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by Scyntt View Post
So I've been digging around for the cast bar lua, and can't seem to find it. Suggestions?
Try here:
/Interface/AddOns/nibRealUI/HuD/UnitFrames/oUF/elements/castbar.lua

11-15-13, 02:33 AM   #3069
Anj
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by Massiveunit View Post
temporary fix for MSBT...wonder if this works?

Sorry Massive, this didn't work for me. I tried it with and without a Fonts folder.

11-15-13, 11:20 AM   #3070
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Apologies for the brief responses. I'm still looking at posts and making note of any suggestions/bugs, so nothing is getting overlooked.

Originally Posted by geekyadam View Post
-Is there any way to change the world map size like in default Blizzard UI? The Zone Map is a bit too small for this and it doesn't show things like quest locations and dig sites.
Not atm. You could try this script to make the Zone Map bigger:

/run BattlefieldMinimap:SetScale(3)

-I noticed that changing the font settings for Chatter get overridden by the Font Settings in the RealUI Appearance settings. Could you condense that to only be controlled by the RealUI Appearance settings or the Chatter settings?
Just changing the settings in the RealUI Appearance panel should be all you need to do.

-I would love to remove the black background of the Skada windows I use, but I can't find a setting that allows that. However I admit, this may be a change made in Aurora, rather than RealUI. Let me know if its possible to remove the background or to even lower transparency. (Skada windows are currently set for no background, so that doesn't help)
/realui > Advanced > Settings > Skins > Skada

-I used to use LUI and one feature I liked that RealUI doesn't have is that when you mouse-over the info text for current RAM usage, it would show the RAM usage for all addons sorted by most resource intensive. It helped a lot with finding out why your FPS dropped suddenly and which new addons are hogging your system's resources.
Type: /memory

-I've always wondered, what is the little yellow corner of the minimap? I don't think it means resting...is it the current world PvP status of the area you're in?
Correct.

Originally Posted by Rumil_Dunemaul View Post
I love this addon. But I also love the artwork that blizz puts into it's frames for things like the spellbook and achievements etc. When I used to use tukui one feature I loved was the option to not reskin the blizzard frames for these things. Would you consider adding such an option, or am I just being an idiot and missed where to find it in the addon?
Not much chance of an option. You could disable Aurora but it skins a LOT of the UI.

Originally Posted by Anj View Post
Try here:
/Interface/AddOns/nibRealUI/HuD/CastBars.lua
Fixed

11-15-13, 03:53 PM   #3071
hukt_own_fonikz
A Defias Bandit
How about the resource bar switch?

Where might I find the unitframes files to try and work in a fix by myself?

Edit: Found it! Addons - nibRealUI - HuD - UnitFrames - oUF - elements - power.lua

Edit again!: I really found it this time! Addons - nibRealUI - HuD - UnitFrames - overlay.lua. Look for the "local ReversePowers" section, and add the other powers that you would like reversed. Voila!

Last edited by hukt_own_fonikz : 11-15-13 at 04:24 PM.

11-17-13, 06:47 AM   #3072
ne0rsWorld
A Defias Bandit
Sry for bad english. Can i stop the fade out effect?

11-17-13, 07:52 AM   #3073
Gizim
A Defias Bandit
Just installed the UI but noticed that Raven doesn't seem to be configured.
When I go into the Raven menu none of the options are checked, is there a way to reset it back to defaults and enable them the way the UI had them configured?

11-17-13, 12:07 PM   #3074
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by ne0rsWorld View Post
Sry for bad english. Can i stop the fade out effect?
/realui > Advanced > Settings > Modules > Combat Fader

Originally Posted by Gizim View Post
Just installed the UI but noticed that Raven doesn't seem to be configured.
When I go into the Raven menu none of the options are checked, is there a way to reset it back to defaults and enable them the way the UI had them configured?
Hmm, weird.

/realui > Advanced > AddOn Control
"Reset" Raven > Reload UI
/raven > Profiles tab > Existing Profiles = "RealUI"

11-17-13, 01:37 PM   #3075
ne0rsWorld
A Defias Bandit
(Oh i mean to stop pushing STRG button to see the action bars. sry)

I have found this options in bartender4 visbility tab

Last edited by ne0rsWorld : 11-17-13 at 01:43 PM.

11-17-13, 01:42 PM   #3076
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by ne0rsWorld View Post
Oh i mean to stop pushing STRG button to see the action bars. sry
/realui > Action Bars > Advanced Settings

Untick "Use custom conditionals" under the Visibility Tab of bars 1, 2, 3, Pet, etc

11-17-13, 03:18 PM   #3077
drafu
A Murloc Raider
Fonts?

I have a little problem with your fonts. They are absent in my ui (clearly followed installation steps):

And in dropdown menu with font list there are none of your fonts.

All of your fonts are replaced with awful skurri in my UI.

11-17-13, 03:42 PM   #3078
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by drafu View Post
I have a little problem with your fonts. They are absent in my ui (clearly followed installation steps):

And in dropdown menu with font list there are none of your fonts.

All of your fonts are replaced with awful skurri in my UI.
The fonts included with RealUI don't contain Russian characters, so RealUI instead uses default WoW fonts on the Russian client.

11-17-13, 09:47 PM   #3079
drafu
A Murloc Raider
The fonts included with RealUI don't contain Russian characters, so RealUI instead uses default WoW fonts on the Russian client.
I drew additional characters to one of the fonts (pixel_small) to make them be supported, but still no effect

Last edited by drafu : 11-17-13 at 09:51 PM.

11-17-13, 11:01 PM   #3080
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by drafu View Post
I drew additional characters to one of the fonts (pixel_small) to make them be supported, but still no effect

You know, now that I've looked at my code, it seems the RealUI fonts do actually support the Russian client. Which means the problem is that the fonts themselves aren't loading. I suspect this is due to SharedMedia and how it determines whether fonts are usable for certain locale clients (I've seen it simply not register fonts when running on a Russian client).

Last edited by Nibelheim : 11-17-13 at 11:05 PM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » RealUI » RealUI