07-01-07, 01:27 AM   #1
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Suggestion Thread

This is a thread to post suggestions for either

1. New add-ons you that you think should be included
2. Add-ons that you think should be removed
3. A change to the settings of add-ons already included.
4. Add-ons that you think should be reclassified (for example, "I think SuperSlowModX should not be part of the Faster CPU install package")
5. New features

Please be very specific and make thorough arguments. If you are suggesting a new add-on, thoroughly describe what it does and what you like about it. If you are comparing it to another add-on, try to thoroughly describe the difference and why you prefer one over the other.

If you are suggesting a different setting for an add-on currently in the UI, please describe exactly what the setting will change and why it's a better general setting.

Comments that aren't respectful to other users and dismissive comments like "add-on x is worthless" will probably be ignored and possibly deleted. It's also not useful to tell people "well, you can just install that on your own." I'm sure that they already know that.
07-01-07, 09:43 PM   #2
donofthedead
A Fallenroot Satyr
Simple Request

I absolutely love Mazzle 1.1... even if it does have Ally Gnomerisms all over it (JK!!). The only additions I'd currently like to see in the future are 2 new skins: One theme reflecting Ashenvale, and one featuring Silvermoon City. The current skins are great, however adding those skins would reflect two memorable locations many users have grown to admire. Thanks, and keep up the great work!
07-02-07, 06:47 AM   #3
Detritus
A Cyclonian
v 1.1 is very comprehensive, I only have to install a few mods on top, much less than in 1.0 days. The extra mods I have are:
Fishing Ace - Basic fishing mod, supports right-click casting and auto-lure.
Auctioneer - Know your feelings on this, just can't do without it. Shame it can't be unloaded when not at AH or loaded/unloaded via FuBar button.
Tankpoints - Absolute must-have for a tank.
MetaHUD and Dhask's Flight Map - I use these to replace the MazzleUI HUD. I see the benefits of MetaHUD over MazzleUI HUD as:
- Skinnable. I prefer the more minimalist look. The lighning bolt kind-of look in Mazzle really turns me off.
- Configurable. A lot of config options, can display an awful lot of information such as icons (pvp,raid leader/looter,elite), ability to config bar positions (ie. player left/target right, player/target health left, mana right, etc), Scale, Text size/position/content.
- Sunder Count. Displays Sunders as energy combo-points next to the target health/mana bars.
- Flight time info. A minor thing but nice-to-have. If FlightMap is loaded the HUD will display the flight-time whenever you are taking a gryphon/wyvern ride.

I'm sure you've mentioned before that you will not be moving away from Mazzle HUD for obvious reasons. However, it would be excellent if the Mazzle HUD could be skinned in the same way as the rest of the interface. The whole Sunder/Energy Point count is also a very nice feature. The rest is just icing on the cake.

Anyway, just wanted to post my tuppence worth. Great UI, resolves all my issues with 1.0 and only introduces a couple of new ones. Look forward to seeing this develop.
07-02-07, 08:35 AM   #4
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

I added the following:

oGlow - small mod that hightlights Uncommon, Rare, Epic items by recoloring their icon border
FishingAce - mentioned in a previous post
CastYeller - announces important cast spell casts such as Innervate, various Rezes and also announces Taunt, Kick, Growl resists.
!StoptheSpam - suppresses the AddOn spam in your chat window when you log in
SharedMedia - brings in additional textures to use with various AddOns, plus you can easily add custom fonts, sounds, and textures to be used with most Ace2 mods

Personal Additions are:

ChatSounds - plays a small chime when new lines appear in you guild/party/raid/officer chat
HearKitty - plays music tones when you get a combo point. allows me to concentrate on other activities rather than watching combo points
MrPlow - keeps bags tidy and organized

Last edited by Zyonin : 07-02-07 at 09:57 AM.
07-02-07, 09:34 AM   #5
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Haven't downloaded the newest version yet but, I would suggest PerfectRaid for raid frames. IMO best raid frames there is.

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
07-02-07, 10:13 AM   #6
Flarin
A Frostmaul Preserver

I have added the following:

FishingAce - As described above - I love this little mod
Fubar_ReccomendedLevel - I like this mod for a quick scan of where my alt's need to level next
DaggAssist - I am not a fan of the context menu. This mod is a little moveable minimap button that holds all of the Portal info for mages, the hearthstone and all of your professions. I have only seen this one over at Curse.
Sellfish - This item shows the sale prices of items - this is nice when trying to choose which useless quest item to grab so you maximize the profit.
CastYeller - as described above

I am still partial to Violation and Omen to replace Recap/SW_Stats and KTH Threatmeter. For my crappy PC these mods drag my CPU usage down less - other people probably don't care and the mods you included are great but just harder on my PC.

"I will crush and destroy and...ooo...shiny..."

07-02-07, 11:34 AM   #7
Leeroi
A Fallenroot Satyr
UI Scale (aka Need Gnome Eye Upgrade)

Checked FAQ & Known Issues - haven't seen this one posted yet.

I Mazzify w/ Mr. Mago set, but the regular Blizzard windows end up still being too small. For example, the text in the "Main Menu" box is way too small for me to read comfortably but the chat box is fine. I would like to be able to read both equally well.

I have tried Main Menu => Video Options => UI Scale and moving the button on the slider to the right more (just under the "U" in "UI Scale" - there is no feedback on the button location, so that's the best I can do... ) . Then the Blizzard stuff looks good, but the Mazzle art is messed up - everything is out of place, wrong size, etc. Then I re-mazzified - only selecting the "Look'n'Feel" option - and all the Mazzlefizz art looked good, but Mazzifying also resets the UI scale back to the old scale and I can't read the Blizzard stuff again.

Is there a way the "Large" and "Mago" settings could increase the UI Scale of WoW first and then work its magic on the chat logs, etc.? So the Blizzard UI Scale would have a different setting for each of the three Mazzify options (Normal, Large, Mago) but the Mazzelfizz boxes, artwork, etc., would look the same (same size, location, etc.).

Thanks

Leeroi
"I am He-Who-Is-Not-Chicken"

Last edited by Leeroi : 07-02-07 at 11:38 AM.
07-03-07, 05:17 PM   #8
Jooze
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Polite Wisper should be included! Very useful tool if you want to get together a group fast. Sometimes people even join just because Polite Wiper asks them so nice...

This is the only thing i'm missing with MazzleUI.

I know i can run it aside MazzleUI but it's just another feeling when it's integrated.

Then the "Mazzlegasm" scream.
Actually it's quite funny, it makes ppl ask why i yelled that and thats more ppl who use MazzleUI. But it should be able to turn it off in configuration...
I was in instance when i got a bug and i was forced to re-Mazzify.
(error was heavy lan traffic)
When the configuration was over and i was mazzifyed the Mazzlegasm scream appeared and i got kicked from group because of ... yea whatever the grp leader ignored me and the other said i shouldn't use that kind of language.
07-03-07, 05:21 PM   #9
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Jooze
Polite Wisper should be included! Very useful tool if you want to get together a group fast. Sometimes people even join just because Polite Wiper asks them so nice...

This is the only thing i'm missing with MazzleUI.

I know i can run it aside MazzleUI but it's just another feeling when it's integrated.

Then the "Mazzlegasm" scream.
Actually it's quite funny, it makes ppl ask why i yelled that and thats more ppl who use MazzleUI. But it should be able to turn it off in configuration...
I was in instance when i got a bug and i was forced to re-Mazzify.
(error was heavy lan traffic)
When the configuration was over and i was mazzifyed the Mazzlegasm scream appeared and i got kicked from group because of ... yea whatever the grp leader ignored me and the other said i shouldn't use that kind of language.
*sigh* The option is there RIGHT NEXT TO THE "MAZZIFY ME" BUTTON. It even flashes colors so you don't miss it. It gives you the option of yelling, saying or just doing it on your machine.
07-03-07, 05:27 PM   #10
Jooze
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
sry sry sry sry i'm blind lost my glasses yesterday...
07-07-07, 02:08 PM   #11
Marthisdil
An Onyxian Warder
Add my vote in for adding WIM to the next revision. It's an awesome /whisper manager and definately helps out with the single visible chat frame scroll in Mazzle - I love it.

M

Marth

07-09-07, 05:38 AM   #12
Praest
A Defias Bandit
If you're living on a PvP server, VanasKOS is really a musthave, imo.

It's a Kill-On-Sight list that keeps track of your pvp-stats and lets you add people/guilds to a hatelist. If the players on your hatelist comes close to you, it will warn you about it, giving you a chance for that oh-so-sweet revenge. Can also keep track of friendlies.
07-09-07, 06:05 AM   #13
stec
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by Marthisdil
Add my vote in for adding WIM to the next revision. It's an awesome /whisper manager and definately helps out with the single visible chat frame scroll in Mazzle - I love it.

M
You can also just get Cellular whichis exactly the same, and is also an ace 2 mod
07-10-07, 07:11 AM   #14
Roadhumper
A Defias Bandit
Not sure how many people are trying to find that "Perfect" interface for their favorite game... i know i am one..

Mazzle sure does come close, but i find myself disecting it and using the good (In my opinion) components and adding other components. But in the transition things go wrong and it just becomes a mess of a UI. And i realise i am pretty naff at the the whole UI customisation thing.

I just thought i'd post some of my personal suggestions for this suberb Interface.
1) When in combat, especially in raids i find that the center of the screen gets very "busy" with icons for buffs / debuffs and effects and i lose track of what is what especially when i am the MT (perhaps it is just me ) I can't think of a viable solution off the bat, one of the frames i keep returning to is Xperl, where the icons sit nicley underneath the target frame. Was wondering if it was possible to find a "Tidy" Solution such as this?
2) I'd love to see the addition of Gatherer / Auctioneer to this modification (although they are easy enough to install anyway )
3) I was wondering if you had seen Morgantis buffbars: http://wow-en.curse-gaming.com/downloads/details/3847/ ? Very customiseable, easy to lookat and understand.
4) Nature Enemy Castbar could be a nice addition to monitor casts / Cooldowns on CC's and can be pushed off to the side?
5) I have to admit i am not fond of the bag mod that is installed with the current package, but that is probably because it is new for me. But i have recently been sold by Arkinventory : http://wow-en.curse-gaming.com/downloads/details/5539/ I find that this solves my bag problem
6) Would it at all be possible to just have an option during the mazzle set up to have a "Clean" UI, where it only just places the basic interface. By that i mean: Skin, Bars, Map? that would open up some options for those that really love your skin layout but have their own preferance on modifications which can be installed by themselves.

I don't expect anything to be changed, just wanted to add some food for thought. I hope you continue your project mazzle as do many others on these boards.
Right now, i am going to re-install mazzle again
07-10-07, 05:41 PM   #15
Malinoric
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

i believe there is an option in the /mazzify addon to install the core addons only. from there you can probably go through mazzleUI options and simply enable the addons you'd like to use from that list. That should guarantee you get the addons MazzleUI depends on, without taking all the extras.
07-13-07, 11:09 PM   #16
anselmo
A Murloc Raider
HD support :P

Just voicing my opinion for all of those people playing on HD monitors in 1920x1080 resolution!! id like it to support this resolution
07-22-07, 03:36 PM   #17
rabion
A Murloc Raider
Question Gem?

I cant use gem with my new mazzle ui. and as a officer in my guild it is necassary for me to have it even though i really dont like gem to much as we have a ally with another guild that we use a gem channel for getting help with raids and such. is there a version that works with mazzle and i just missed it?
07-22-07, 05:22 PM   #18
Lighty
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by rabion
I cant use gem with my new mazzle ui. and as a officer in my guild it is necassary for me to have it even though i really dont like gem to much as we have a ally with another guild that we use a gem channel for getting help with raids and such. is there a version that works with mazzle and i just missed it?
My guild is using GEM with MazzleUI just fine. I get my GEM from: http://christophe.calmejane.free.fr/wow/gem/

That's the real home page for GEM.
07-22-07, 05:49 PM   #19
rabion
A Murloc Raider
Talking

Originally Posted by Lighty
My guild is using GEM with MazzleUI just fine. I get my GEM from: http://christophe.calmejane.free.fr/wow/gem/

That's the real home page for GEM.
yeah what i ended up doing even though i had went to the gem home was just copying from my old addon's that i had saved to my desktop the file of gem and now it works.
07-24-07, 12:14 PM   #20
Szat
A Kobold Labourer
Hi i know its been said time and time again but i really think u should include

Auctioneer=i just think its really nice when i can scroll over an item and know if its worth selling and what not so ya just my 2cents

anyway great UI very great so plz consider this

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Suggestion Thread