09-20-07, 06:21 PM   #1
JCson33
A Defias Bandit
Self casting..?

I like the mod...I did everythign to set it up...I CANT FIGURE OUT how to set self cast...like to right click OR alt+Spell...HELP PLEASE!
09-21-07, 01:48 PM   #2
Malinoric
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

you can set that up how you want it via the default interface options. I have auto-self cast enabled, for example.
09-21-07, 07:40 PM   #3
JCson33
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Malinoric
you can set that up how you want it via the default interface options. I have auto-self cast enabled, for example.
I will give that a try tonight BUT I am prety sure "Self-casting" and "Auto Self-Casting) are two different things...I want to be able to set it to self cast (and keep target) when I hold alt and hit the spell, OR when I Right click...or somethign that works haha!
09-22-07, 02:52 AM   #4
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
So far as i know what you want is certainly in the default interface options. I think the use of auto here is rather loose. Since nothing in the API allows for auto casting so to speak. All casting requires a hardware event of some form.

And of memory serves alt is indeed the default key for self casting so long as the option is enabled.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
09-22-07, 11:51 AM   #5
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
IIRC, the self cast thing is a blizzard option. It is indeed auto in the sense that it contextually redirects a spell to yourself if your target can't accept it. The normal self cast modifier is a Bongos setting that you can change. By default, it is alt.
09-24-07, 01:10 PM   #6
Banalina902
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Mazzle of course is right. You have to choose the auto self cast option in the Blizzard Interface Options Menu.

One point of interest though: everytime I Mazzlefy myself (something you do a fair bit when first installing MazzleUI to make it your own, etc) or another character, I have to go into the Blizzard Interface and click on the self cast AND click off the party chat bubbles.
09-24-07, 01:19 PM   #7
Malinoric
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

It is also possible to create a macro like:

#showtooltip
/cast [modifier:alt,target=player]*spell here*

sans asteriks.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Self casting..?