08-06-07, 04:01 PM   #61
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Arkive
The button mod and unit frame mod are probably the two mods that consume the most work in coding due to button/macro/keybind placement and spacing at different resolutions and aspect ratios. I suspect that given that, it's more likely Mazz will stick with what he considers to be the best option for everyone and code for just that. That may change with the potential Premium Mazzle, but I'd be surprised.
Bongos barely uses any memory..DUF on the other hand...

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
08-06-07, 04:10 PM   #62
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by gothicknight
The one thing that has turned me off Mazzle UI, is the lack of compatibility with using other types of mods to replace the ones in the Mazzle Pack. E.g I cant stand bongos, i much prefer Bartender3, but when i install BT3, i cant get the same effect that bongos has.

I would like to see more flexibilty in what mods in the Mazzle can be replaced with alternative mods. This would make Mazzle UI not only the best visual UI (and playable UI) but much more flexible and it would probably would apeal to a much wider audience as alot of people, me included, get used to using certain mods that they have used for a while and prefer not to change them.

Is that something you would be able to look into Mazzle, or would u need specifics on the types of individual mods that players use.

Thanx mate and keep up the unbelievable work. U rock
Add-on suggestions have always been welcome. Several items, especially the class-specific ones, are the direct result of suggestions. Moreover, if I do create a subscription-driven site, I would expect to implement more subscriber-requested features of that sort.

That said, the button add-on is by far the least likely thing I would change. All the layouts are based on my paging mechanism. I would have to re-tool them, as well as write a bunch of new code to set up buttons. I see no compelling reason to do all that work. That time is better spent on improving the layouts and adding features to my version of Bongos.
08-06-07, 04:38 PM   #63
Geboran
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz

Add-on suggestions have always been welcome. Several items, especially the class-specific ones, are the direct result of suggestions. Moreover, if I do create a subscription-driven site, I would expect to implement more subscriber-requested features of that sort.

That said, the button add-on is by far the least likely thing I would change. All the layouts are based on my paging mechanism. I would have to re-tool them, as well as write a bunch of new code to set up buttons. I see no compelling reason to do all that work. That time is better spent on improving the layouts and adding features to my version of Bongos.
Indeed. Mazzle would have to "steal"... err.... ask to use the Trinity Bars code for some true fun..... but a lot of footwork, I would imagine. >.<

For the right price, anything is possible. LOL
Stormreaver (US), Alliance
08-07-07, 06:57 PM   #64
gothicknight
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
ty very much for your reply. I guess i didnt realize just how much work went into the bar side of Mazzle UI. Thatbeing said i guess i could adjust using bongos. Just because i dont like one addon shouldnt b a reason to not use your Awsome UI. Keep up the reat work.
08-08-07, 05:10 PM   #65
kvan
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Broodhead
For the role players between us I guess it would be nice to have the addon FlagRSP integrated in MazzleUI.
Or MyRoleplay.

Also, I am a very big fan of Eloquence, which filters abbreviations and OOC speak. If it were possible to integrate it so that it also changed chat bubbles, that would be perfect.
08-09-07, 11:45 AM   #66
Arkive
A Cobalt Mageweaver
I'd like to recommend Healbot (now known as Healbot Continued). I recently respecced my Shaman to resto, and after having a devil of a time consistently click casting on the party frames (the only 100% reliable spot I've found is the "target of party member" bar at the bottom), I decided to check out a few others. It's more or less a replacement for the following mods:

sRaidFrames
Clique
Decursive
SmartBuff (some features, but not the granular control, especially paly buffs)

Here's it's current home on Wowinterface:

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...fo.php?id=6096

You can configure opacity for relevence so only units that are cursed, below a certain % health, etc will show up fully opaque (or even at all) to make it easy to pick out who needs attention. Will show hp/mana levels, agro, disease/curse/poison, or a slew of other releveant information. It has sorting by group/class/ranged/tanks/etc and built-in customization of commands to mouse buttons (with alt, ctrl, shift modifiers) to any spell. The screenshot pages on the mod's site on wowinterface show the configuration it's detail (7 pages worth of configuration). Here's a screen shot of it in action:

08-16-07, 01:38 AM   #67
Scatmanicus
A Murloc Raider
For those who are having problems with reading the texts, I did one thing and all my reading issues were resolved. I simply renamed the Fonts folder to Fonts_new and therefore MazzleUI uses the default WOW fonts. On my login screen, character selection screen and the display, all the fonts are very readable now. On the chats, I simply resized the text as provided by WOW. I have no complaints now concerning the ability to read anything.

I'm not sure what the problem is with the fonts is being used by MazzleUI but they are not very good IMHO.
08-20-07, 06:58 AM   #68
strikerhawk
A Defias Bandit

This actually is a FAQ question in both the old FAQ and the new one. And the short answer is no. Changing the UI scale would involve changing all the positional information in the UI.

You may be able to use other add-ons to individually scale certain windows larger though.
this was your response to making the actual blizzard menues ex: auction house character screen quest boxes all that bigger>>>>>
i have the same problem as the original poster does, could you be a lil more specific as to wich mods i could use to increase the size please?
08-20-07, 09:49 AM   #69
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
a mod that resizes frame like MoveAnything, Visor2, etc.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

08-20-07, 04:06 PM   #70
joive
A Theradrim Guardian

Frame Resize

Originally Posted by Seerah
a mod that resizes frame like MoveAnything, Visor2, etc.
Even when I agree with Seerah about an option to resize and move frames I think that maybe, and just maybe, it will bring some problems to some people (this overlaps this, I can't see that bar anymore, where is my minimap?, I only can see the half of my portrait, etc). Also I think I read that Mazzle have plans to have more resolutions in the future. That of course, if She (or He?) continue with the project as many people hope.

Sir James Dewar
08-20-07, 04:42 PM   #71
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Heh, I never said it would be perfect. They just asked how.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

08-27-07, 08:38 PM   #72
tronage
A Murloc Raider
TrippleHead2Go and Mazzle

Well I fell in love with this UI, however I have probably a very unique problem. I recently bought a product from Matrox called the TrippleHead2Go. It esentially lets me run my video card at 3840x1024 accross 3 monitors (each monitor would be at 1280x1024). The default interface has all the stock "stuff" (buttons, bags, etc.) all in the center screen. And I thought with Mazzle, this would be the same, the entire UI would reside in just the center monitor (running it in the 1.25 aspect)... however that isn't what happens. The minimap, target, and action buttons are in the middle, however all the left stuff is way on the left on the other screen, and likewise all the right stuff is off on the right side (see screen shot).

Any chance of possibly makeing a mode for the 3.75 aspcet that I'm running at... or esentially just have an option for the 1.25 so it bases all the positions from the center. I don't want any bars or info off on the sides, I would want it all in the center screen (esntially have the middle 1280x1024 be the normal play area, while the sides are just purely periferial view for the game world). That way the center screen would look identical to if I was just running 1 screen at 1280x1024.

Thanks for any consideration you give to this problem, and thanks in advance if you are able to address it. Cuz I just absolutly love this UI.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tripple.jpg
Views:	548
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	1377  
08-27-07, 10:23 PM   #73
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

That's just an insane amount of screen space. I don't know if that's even a good thing. You'd have to physically move your head to scan it. I bet it would be awesome for flight simulators though. You could make those 2nd and third monitors your side windows.

Anyway, If I made another version, there's very little to no chance I'd make stuff specifically for 3.75 aspect ratio. I'd do 1.77 before I'd do something as seldom-used as that. Sorry.

Anyway, I think you're best bet is to either fiddle with the lua (if you're proficient with that sort of thing) or use an art add-on that's more flexible, like DART or eePanels.
08-27-07, 10:33 PM   #74
Hellarion
A Black Drake

my 2 cents
not much in the way of to the point performance, Mazzle is already awesome for that.

Mik's Scrolling Combat Text would be nice...all in one (unlike sct and sctd) a lil more "easy" to configure and doesn't crowd the screen..(no diablo font though that i know of) don't know too much on its memory usage

Sellfish for item pricing (nothing huge just nice seeing what your junk sells for)

I see a lot of comments about the font size but i doubt theres nothing that hasn't been done to try and fix that

Maybe something like atlas and atlas loot enhanced..cause the cart instance loot table sux (for me anyways)

I use all of these with mazzle atm and they work fine so adding them to the package may just be dumb...ppl dl ur own lol

ummm some more skins is all i would really like to see

oh and tronage..u should get this game called G Nome..its like an exo squad/gundam/ armored core type game...i used 3 monitors on it for a hud view so it was like riding in a real machine...it i need to look left i just looked at my left screen..it was a great game

Last edited by Hellarion : 08-27-07 at 10:39 PM.
08-28-07, 12:21 PM   #75
tronage
A Murloc Raider
That's just an insane amount of screen space. I don't know if that's even a good thing. You'd have to physically move your head to scan it. I bet it would be awesome for flight simulators though. You could make those 2nd and third monitors your side windows.
Ok, perhaps I wasn't clear lol. I don't want the UI to cover that much ground... in fact, just the opposite. I don't want it stretched accross the whole bottom. Each monitor is running 1280x1024. I would want the mazzleUI to just stay in the middle in the 1 monitor at the 1280x1024 rest (1.25 aspect).

Like imagine if I had just 1 monitor and ran the game at 1280x1024, and ran the mazzleUI. That is what I would love to display (ignoring the fact I have 2 perifial monitors). But currently as the screenshot shows, some stays in the middle, some goes way left, and some goes way right... and as you said, you have to turn your head to actually use it (which is what I'm attempting to avoid).

Currently, for example, the minimap, buttons, and target popup are in the middle, but the targets health bars are over on the left screen (above the artwork that is normally inteneded to be below the mini-map). As well pretty much the rest you can see.

I have no idea how to do .lua stuff, but that hasn't stopped me in the past from tinkering, and copy/pasting, etc. so perhaps if this is something that isn't you don't want to do, I could take a stab at it fiddling.

Though an option to keep everything based off center regardless of resolution or aspect might me a nice feature, for say people running a widescreen monitor may not want the whole bottom taken by the ui edge to edge, and may want it smaller (similar to the default UI, if you turn the UI scale all the way down, you have the UI in the center of your screen w/ the griffens, but there is still a few inches of just "empty space" to either side of them (game area). So perhaps there are others that may not want a "wall to wall" ui accross the bottom, so would like to run a 1.25 aspect version, even though their monitor aspect may be 1.6, whouch would make some space on the sides to put perhaps other addons displays that are not included with this ui, but want to keep all the "info or button stuff" at the bottom... (ok so yea I'm trying to entice you to look into doing this, I'm not going to lie heheh.)

I guess what I'm trying to say is it seems the "achor point" for some stuff is based off the left edge, some from the center point, and some from the right edge. So for me, my left edge is way far away then I want. So bear with me having know .lua progaming knoledge, in my personal situation, I would like the left side of the artwork be placed at either -640 pixles from center (basing it off center anchor) or +1280 pixles from left (basing it off my huge left side). And likewise the right edge to to be be based +640 from center, or -1280 from the right edge (or even +2560 pixles from the left edge... not sure how the achors are based, but I think you get my point) while currently it behaves as being placed at +0 pixles from left / right (and miles from the center in my setup). If I was able to adjust the offset of both the left and right anchored stuff, it would bring it all back to the center screen, and I'd be a happy panda (vs having it stretched accross all 3 screens).

If it is something as easy as maybe punching in a few values into a .lua to move the achors as I described above, then maybe you could give me a quick headup of which file to edit, what to look for, or what values to change, so the 1.25 aspect option would arange everything "proper" for me then as you said since it is so "rare" I can just maintain a version customized for myself.

I apreciate any help you can provide, becasue this is one the most ultimate UI's I've ever encountered, not only for the collection of mods, but the self install based on questions, the ease of configurablity, and the clean/sleak look of it is just so amazing. As well I love how it is multi-alt toon friendly so each alt's ui looks uniform and nice and clean. However as you see in my screenshot, is now rendered unsusable untill I can get the parts all rejoined back in the middle again.

Thanks for any help you can provide!!!

Last edited by tronage : 08-28-07 at 12:56 PM.
08-28-07, 01:14 PM   #76
Polarina
A Theradrim Guardian
Valuation - It's simple, simpler than Sellfish, if I am correct. Uses only about 95 KiB memory with over 15.000 items in a pre-built database. Very fast and stable.
08-28-07, 07:44 PM   #77
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by tronage
Ok, perhaps I wasn't clear lol. I don't want the UI to cover that much ground... in fact, just the opposite. I don't want it stretched accross the whole bottom. Each monitor is running 1280x1024. I would want the mazzleUI to just stay in the middle in the 1 monitor at the 1280x1024 rest (1.25 aspect).

Like imagine if I had just 1 monitor and ran the game at 1280x1024, and ran the mazzleUI. That is what I would love to display (ignoring the fact I have 2 perifial monitors). But currently as the screenshot shows, some stays in the middle, some goes way left, and some goes way right... and as you said, you have to turn your head to actually use it (which is what I'm attempting to avoid).

Currently, for example, the minimap, buttons, and target popup are in the middle, but the targets health bars are over on the left screen (above the artwork that is normally inteneded to be below the mini-map). As well pretty much the rest you can see.

I have no idea how to do .lua stuff, but that hasn't stopped me in the past from tinkering, and copy/pasting, etc. so perhaps if this is something that isn't you don't want to do, I could take a stab at it fiddling.

Though an option to keep everything based off center regardless of resolution or aspect might me a nice feature, for say people running a widescreen monitor may not want the whole bottom taken by the ui edge to edge, and may want it smaller (similar to the default UI, if you turn the UI scale all the way down, you have the UI in the center of your screen w/ the griffens, but there is still a few inches of just "empty space" to either side of them (game area). So perhaps there are others that may not want a "wall to wall" ui accross the bottom, so would like to run a 1.25 aspect version, even though their monitor aspect may be 1.6, whouch would make some space on the sides to put perhaps other addons displays that are not included with this ui, but want to keep all the "info or button stuff" at the bottom... (ok so yea I'm trying to entice you to look into doing this, I'm not going to lie heheh.)

I guess what I'm trying to say is it seems the "achor point" for some stuff is based off the left edge, some from the center point, and some from the right edge. So for me, my left edge is way far away then I want. So bear with me having know .lua progaming knoledge, in my personal situation, I would like the left side of the artwork be placed at either -640 pixles from center (basing it off center anchor) or +1280 pixles from left (basing it off my huge left side). And likewise the right edge to to be be based +640 from center, or -1280 from the right edge (or even +2560 pixles from the left edge... not sure how the achors are based, but I think you get my point) while currently it behaves as being placed at +0 pixles from left / right (and miles from the center in my setup). If I was able to adjust the offset of both the left and right anchored stuff, it would bring it all back to the center screen, and I'd be a happy panda (vs having it stretched accross all 3 screens).

If it is something as easy as maybe punching in a few values into a .lua to move the achors as I described above, then maybe you could give me a quick headup of which file to edit, what to look for, or what values to change, so the 1.25 aspect option would arange everything "proper" for me then as you said since it is so "rare" I can just maintain a version customized for myself.

I apreciate any help you can provide, becasue this is one the most ultimate UI's I've ever encountered, not only for the collection of mods, but the self install based on questions, the ease of configurablity, and the clean/sleak look of it is just so amazing. As well I love how it is multi-alt toon friendly so each alt's ui looks uniform and nice and clean. However as you see in my screenshot, is now rendered unsusable untill I can get the parts all rejoined back in the middle again.

Thanks for any help you can provide!!!
No, I understood what you were asking. While what you're proposing is somewhat similar to the layout for 1.25, your coordinate system is still completely different at that aspect ratio. You can probably reuse the unit frame layout for 1.25, but that's about it. All the other stuff would need to be adjusted in the same way any different aspect ratio would need to be.

Anyway, you're really on your own if you want to do that. If you're proficient with that sort of thing, look around the code. It's really pretty verbose, organized and straightforward.
08-31-07, 03:55 PM   #78
tronage
A Murloc Raider
Hey Mazzfizz, sent ya a pm, just wanted to see if you got it...
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/private.php?
09-03-07, 06:26 PM   #79
Kyales
A Fallenroot Satyr

The Beautiful HUD

I was wondering how difficult would it be to make the HUD a stand alone mod?
09-04-07, 01:33 AM   #80
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Kyales
I was wondering how difficult would it be to make the HUD a stand alone mod?
Difficult enough to not be worth it.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Suggestion Thread