08-29-08, 07:19 AM   #781
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by mscott998 View Post
it not a necessity just a creature comfort. thanks any how :-)

donation sent your way.
Thank you very much for that, as well. I've already sent you an e-mail to say thanks, but I'll do so here, as well. It really does mean a lot to me all of the support that the community has shown. I'm humbled.

one other thing that i used to have when i used perl unit frames was an audio warning when a mob agroed on me. how hard would that be to add in?

not a big deal.. but im of of those guys that likes every kind of warning telling me what is going on. as a healer i dont see the whole screen alot in the big raids.
Me too. I could be mistaken on this, but I'm pretty sure an audio warning is a built in feature of Omen2, so you might check its config. That said, I have quite a few requests for audio cues of various sorts... cooldowns, expiring crowd control, etc. Agro would, of course, be another of those. So, that's a feature I will be adding, just not sure when.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

08-29-08, 07:51 AM   #782
mscott998
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
agro audio

omen does a screen shake and a sound when you reach 90% of the tanks threat, but a different sound telling you that you did indeed take agro is what i was talking about.

Thanks for entertaining my ideas. this ui has really lowerdd my overall mods, game load time, and improved performance and im really liking it alot

another warning that would be a great audio warning and even visual would be something telling shaman when totems are about to expire, say 10 seconds before
could be a great addition to the upcoming totem timers you have planned

Last edited by mscott998 : 08-29-08 at 07:53 AM.

08-29-08, 01:15 PM   #783
eloora
A Fallenroot Satyr

Not sure if this is a known issue or not, but I can't permanantly toggle the health race bar off. It seems to turn itself back on when I enter combat again.

08-29-08, 01:30 PM   #784
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by eloora View Post
Not sure if this is a known issue or not, but I can't permanantly toggle the health race bar off. It seems to turn itself back on when I enter combat again.
That would be a bug and I think I know what's behind it. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

08-29-08, 07:39 PM   #785
theleming
A Murloc Raider
umm

suggestion: there is a random block in the solo mode in the center of the screen, in previous nui's this is where the minimap was placed is there any way to change settings so that this square is utilized? if not please fix it to keep nui the best ui game wide

08-29-08, 08:18 PM   #786
mscott998
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by theleming View Post
suggestion: there is a random block in the solo mode in the center of the screen, in previous nui's this is where the minimap was placed is there any way to change settings so that this square is utilized? if not please fix it to keep nui the best ui game wide

That center box is the focus frame and was a much requested feature. click on a target and type /focus and you will see it in action

to unfocus simply type /focus none

08-30-08, 02:06 AM   #787
Tehryn
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

Smile

Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
Tehryn --

With the exception...

Thanks for that Spiel.
I rolled a druid, partially because i was bored and partially to try out nUI . Noticed that Mark of the Wild did not have a cooldown underneath it (Thorns did).

Also, I thought that the bags bar just above the minimap was a bit cramped. That bar may look better underneath the minimap.
None of those buttons were clickable. The button to the left of the bags seemed to be clickable only at the top & left edge. Would prefer the whole button to be clickable.

Apart from that I do like nUI and appreciate the enormous amount of time, elbow grease and liquid nourishment you must have put into it

Edit: I wrote the above whilst alt-tabbed out of WoW. Went back, cast MotW, Thorns, and a fishing lure and there were no cd's at all. Shut down WoW, restarted, and the cd's were present.
Edit2: A subsequent MotW etc had the cd's missing again.

Last edited by Tehryn : 08-30-08 at 02:43 AM.

08-30-08, 02:16 AM   #788
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by theleming View Post
That's not a random block TheLeming -- that's where the focus frame goes. Target a mob or raid member and type "/focus" and you'll see that block is utilized.

08-30-08, 02:23 AM   #789
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Tehryn --

The issue with countdown timers on buffs/debuffs is a known bug... i'm working on it.

The bag bar should be fully clickable, if it was not ,them something is interfering with it. I've had one other user who was having issues with unclickable regions on the lower right of the dashboard and that turned out to be Titan panel, but the bag bar is too high for that to be the case. Nonetheless, those buttons are clickable, so if you can't click them there has to be somethign else (transparent) that is on top of them. May I suggest turning off all other modes besides nUI on that druid and see if that problem goes away? If so, turn them back on one at a time until the problem returns and let me know which mod caused it and I'll look into it.

As far as putting the bag bar under the info panel, I am already using that space for a 1x12 action back and soon the rep bar will be located there, as well. So there's really no room for it. I suppose if you want to make it tiny and not use the entire action bar, you could cram it under there. I don't think I would be inclined to do that as a default layout though... particularly since the bags are tied to the bag bar and that would cause your bags to all open over the dashboard, minimap, etc.

Thanks much for the feedback.

EDIT: A use over on the mod comments thread noted he had unclickable regions on the action bar to the left of his minimap but only when the minimap panel was active. I'm curious... if you change panels, does that unclickable region over your bag bar go away? If it does, try this... execute the command "/script nUI_parseMinimap()" then log out of WoW and e-mail me your World of Warcraft--WTF--Account--{your account}--SavedVariables--nUI.lua file at [email protected] and let's see if there are any odd child windows of the minimap.

Originally Posted by Tehryn View Post
Thanks for that Spiel.
I rolled a druid, partially because i was bored and partially to try out nUI . Noticed that Mark of the Wild did not have a cooldown underneath it (Thorns did).

Also, I thought that the bags bar just above the minimap was a bit cramped. That bar may look better underneath the minimap.
None of those buttons were clickable. The button to the left of the bags seemed to be clickable only at the top & left edge. Would prefer the whole button to be clickable.

Apart from that I do like nUI and appreciate the enormous amount of time, elbow grease and liquid nourishment you must have put into it

Edit: I wrote the above whilst alt-tabbed out of WoW. Went back, cast MotW, Thorns, and a fishing lure and there were no cd's at all. Shut down WoW, restarted, and the cd's were present.

Last edited by spiel2001 : 08-30-08 at 02:45 AM.

08-30-08, 03:00 AM   #790
Blackal
A Kobold Labourer

I jsut wanted to tell you how much I enjoy this setup! If the 25 and 40-man raid frames were working, I'd be on it immediatly. SInce they aren't, I will sit tight and keep an eye on it until they are.

Keep up the good work!

08-30-08, 04:35 AM   #791
Dommini
A Kobold Labourer
Spiel,

This UI is so killer that it forced me to make my first post on WoWI in 3 years. Keep up the good work. It's already a perfect AddOn.

I do have a thought though;

Is there anyway to turn off the default buff bar? I personaly like to use CT_BuffMod, and turn all my (de)buffs into a stacked window with bars. CT turns off the Blizz default buff bars, but when loading Nui and CT_Buff together, the Blizz buffs are forced back on.

Its strictly a prefrence thing, feel free to ignore me

08-30-08, 05:05 AM   #792
Tehryn
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
Tehryn --

The issue with countdown timers on buffs/debuffs is a known bug... i'm working on it.

The bag bar should be fully clickable, if it was not ,them something is interfering with it....
I've sent the nUI.lua file.

I turned off all mods leaving only nUI running.

When I changed to the Combat Log, I would guess that all the buttons were clickable BUT the actual tab at the top of the window covered up the left 4 buttons. Also, putting the cursor on the Combat Log window popped up the Blizz up/down buttons.

When I changed to the other map (I think that's called the Battlefield Map?) all buttons were clickable.

When I changed back to the Minimap the buttons turned un-clickable again. It might be me but I thought that the map was also a tad too high with the top border hitting the bagbar buttons.

Also noticed an empty button (?) space to the left of the Minimap Button Bag.

As for the placement of the bagbar, would it be an option for you to locate it above the menu bar in the top console? Sorry about this, but I really don't like the current location .

08-30-08, 06:58 AM   #793
SSJDraven
A Kobold Labourer
Hey, first I'd like to say...awesome job on the mod. Best UI I've ever had, just have one small problem right now. The bottom far left bar and the second main bar seem to be one and the same. Not a huge problem, just rather annoying since I like to have the two main bars as solo/raid set ups and the left bottom bar for quest items.

08-30-08, 07:30 AM   #794
Marthisdil
An Onyxian Warder
nUI is looking great. Any reason to keep with the round minimap instead of making it square and taking up a larger chunk of the space allocated for it?

Marth

08-30-08, 09:05 AM   #795
iljott
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Originally Posted by Tehryn View Post
As for the placement of the bagbar, would it be an option for you to locate it above the menu bar in the top console? Sorry about this, but I really don't like the current location .
Tehryn, type "/nui movers" and move the bagbar where ever you like. When I first loaded nUI, mine was located on top of the minimap, although part of it was blocked by the minimap (most probably like yours). Certain parts (almost half in fact) were unclickable, so I just moved it to where I wanted it by using the "/nui movers" command.

08-30-08, 09:07 AM   #796
iljott
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Originally Posted by Marthisdil View Post
nUI is looking great. Any reason to keep with the round minimap instead of making it square and taking up a larger chunk of the space allocated for it?
What version of nUI are you using Marthisdil? nUI beta 2 has a square minimap - only nUI beta 1 had the round minimap. I suggest you download nUI beta 2 - there are so many other improvements over beta 1 too, so it's definitely worth it!

08-30-08, 09:13 AM   #797
Sloth
An Aku'mai Servant
That interface is amazing, you are doing a great job!

And well, I read that your german translator is missing? I could help you with the translation, if you need me

08-30-08, 11:22 AM   #798
Marthisdil
An Onyxian Warder
Originally Posted by iljott View Post
What version of nUI are you using Marthisdil? nUI beta 2 has a square minimap - only nUI beta 1 had the round minimap. I suggest you download nUI beta 2 - there are so many other improvements over beta 1 too, so it's definitely worth it!
iljott - that was the problem Thanks!

Marth

08-30-08, 12:18 PM   #799
theleming
A Murloc Raider
TY! i never realized that is what people meant when they said focus target on stuff like x-perl danke

08-30-08, 01:43 PM   #800
eloora
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by Blackal View Post
I jsut wanted to tell you how much I enjoy this setup! If the 25 and 40-man raid frames were working, I'd be on it immediatly. SInce they aren't, I will sit tight and keep an eye on it until they are.

Keep up the good work!
The lack of a 25 man raid frame had me kind of wondering as well whether or not I should upgrade to the latest version on my hunter. But then I realized, duh, I still had Grid installed just disabled, so I just turned the bare essentials of that back on in the meantime. I shoved it down in the bottom right corner, and shortened the Recount and Omen panels to reduce overlap. It's messy, but temporary, and Grid is hard to beat for raid frames. Come to think of it....ever considered Grid-style frames for nUI's raid solution, spiel?

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » nUI -- A full feature standalone UI replacement