08-16-08, 03:50 AM   #521
noble8
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Beta:

Salutations,

----

...nUI\Integration\InfoPanels\nUI_InfoPanel_Minimap.lua:70: attempt to index global 'TimeManagerClockButton' (a nil value)
[C]: ?
...nUI\Integration\InfoPanels\nUI_InfoPanel_Minimap.lua:70: in function <...nUI\Integration\InfoPanels\nUI_InfoPanel_Minimap.lua:66>

---

Also no combat log present when not cleaning WTF (only the nui.lua), will clean WTF and see if this is replicated, a /nui rl fixes this after I create a new window for combat log.

With a clean WTF recount has to be disabled or nui does not start up correctly. Still no combat log, one has to be created, then /nui rl to position. Simple, right click, create new chat window, name "combat log" , then /nui rl repositions.

----

Timings for dots, do not appear when changing targets on the debuff panel.

----

Last edited by noble8 : 08-16-08 at 06:08 AM.

08-16-08, 04:04 AM   #522
Nordi
A Murloc Raider
Arrow

Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
Happy hunting! Anisa finally got her bow from Kara tonight, that was the last piece of blue she was still carrying... the Crossbow from Orgi'la.
from what blizz armory says, i think you still got 3 blues belt, cloak and spear but thats ok its still not that far off or you need to go shoot a blizzard staff member to update your armory lol

(this is what happens when its 3:03 am PDT when your board to tears and do not want to wake your woman up in fear of her PMS riping your head from you shoulders )

08-16-08, 04:04 AM   #523
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by noble8 View Post
Salutations,

----

...nUI\Integration\InfoPanels\nUI_InfoPanel_Minimap.lua:70: attempt to index global 'TimeManagerClockButton' (a nil value)
...nUI\Integration\InfoPanels\nUI_InfoPanel_Minimap.lua:70: in function <...nUI\Integration\InfoPanels\nUI_InfoPanel_Minimap.lua:66>

---

Also no combat log present when not cleaning WTF (only the nui.lua), will clean WTF and see if this is replicated, a /nui rl fixes this after I create a new window for combat log.

With a clean WTF recount has to be disabled or nui does not start up correctly. Still no combat log, one has to be created, then /nui rl to position. Simple, right click, create new chat window, name "combat log" , then /nui rl repositions.

----

Timings for dots, do not appear when changing targets on the debuff panel.

----

Thanks Noble --

You're on a European server, correct?

I wonder if that version doesn't have new minimap clock in it. I'll add a test to make sure it's there before I try to hide it.

As far as the combat log, that surprises me. You actually didn't have a combat log and had to create one? Hmmm... I'm going to have to figure out how to test for that. The program never threw and error though, just and empty screen in the combat log?

The buff/debuff counters are another issue. I did most of my testing in battlegrounds as it’s a very easy place to go test in a 10-15 man environment at the drop of a hat... unfortunately, you don't see or use a lot of buffs there. I spotted a bunch of issues testing Kara last night where I had piles of buffs/debuffs to deal with and the timer issue was one of them. I also notices that some buffs would display one moment, then not the next and a few other similar issues.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

08-16-08, 04:07 AM   #524
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by Nordi View Post
from what blizz armory says, i think you still got 3 blues belt, cloak and spear but thats ok its still not that far off or you need to go shoot a blizzard staff member to update your armory lol

(this is what happens when its 3:03 am PDT when your board to tears and do not want wake your woman up in fear of her PMS riping your head from you shoulders )
Actually... you are correct... I am less than 600 honor from the belt (I have badges coming out my earballs) and I had forgotten about the staff I am still carrying around from Murmur... but that bow was the really weak link in my gear because of the DPS difference.

~lol~ @ the PMS thing... in my house that stood for "Punish Mr. Scott"

08-16-08, 04:16 AM   #525
Nordi
A Murloc Raider
Actually... you are correct... I am less than 600 honor from the belt (I have badges coming out my earballs) and I had forgotten about the staff I am still carrying around from Murmur... but that bow was the really weak link in my gear because of the DPS difference.

~lol~ @ the PMS thing... in my house that stood for "Punish Mr. Scott"
Understandable I only leveled a hunter to 60 never 70, lol at my house PMS stands for "Please Punish My Spouse" once i tried to correct my woman in the presence of my mother (shouldn't it be PPMS???_) to make a story short i got a psychology book smacked into my forehead really hard, decided not to press the issue

ok enough derailing the thread back to debugging beta 2 for release!

/thread back on track

Last edited by Nordi : 08-16-08 at 04:24 AM.

08-16-08, 05:48 AM   #526
noble8

Beta:

I can't fully see the menu when on the (5 man) party view, the bottom left character, because the bottom of the screen cuts it off.

---

normal is written on the tooltip where the talent spec should be.

---

Last edited by noble8 : 08-16-08 at 06:08 AM.

08-16-08, 06:55 AM   #527
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Post Beta 2 Pre-Release update #2 just went out...

The second update to the pre-release was just e-mailed to everyone on the test list... nUI supporters and translators. Here is the status of this update to the best of my knowledge...

-----------------------------

The following are the issues and gripes that I'm aware of at present. If I've missed any, please let me know... I'm getting old and addle minded you know ~grin~
  • The minimap did not scale correctly at all display resolutions (fixed)
  • The battlefield minimap did not scale correctly at all display resolutions (fixed)
  • The pet feeder is throwing an error about trying to anchor to itself (fixed)
  • European servers are throwing an error that the TimeManagerClockButton does not exist (fixed)
  • Recount and nUI are not playing well together -- (I *think* I have this one fixed)
  • Buff/Deff icons do no always display time and sometimes don't appear when they should
  • The pet happiness button does not update when the pet gains happiness and sometimes does not appear
  • If you do not already have a combat log tab on your chat window frame, then you end up with a blank combat log tab on the info panel. (I *think* I have this one fixed)
  • The nUI login greeting message wasn't printing (fixed)
  • Name labels on unit frames still do not use class colors like they should (fixed)
  • Popup menu locations on unit frames need to be fixed... they're being placed off the bottom of the screen
  • Unit talent spec/build text is printing and odd message "normal" -- shouldn't be printing anything since it's currently disabled
  • Raid frames do not correctly sort by raid group number
For lack of a better word for it... current gripes I'm aware of...
  • The health bars on the raid frame need to be larger for healers. I'm thinking to make them the background to the name label maybe? That would make them full height health bars though I loath having things on top of the ends of health and mana bars. Thoughts?
  • The default location of the fixed position tooltips in the upper left corner may not be the best location. Thoughts?
As a matter of record... the ButtonBag is not present in the pre-release you have, so the minimap buttons are on the map still. That will go away when I enable the button bag. Likewise, Fubar and Titan support also not enabled, so the console do not automatically move with those bars. I will have both of these items resolved today.

Along the same lines... the 15, 20, 25 and 40 man raid panels are not in the pre-release... both because I am not quite satisfied with them and, again, I'm trying to not have to fix everything at once... make sure the core stuff is all working, then add the bells and whistles if you understand.

08-16-08, 08:58 AM   #528
Fireproof213
A Cyclonian

looks real nice, but I, like dreadlorde, prefer minimalist UIs, so gratz on an awesome lookin UI, but I think I'll stick to my current one.

08-16-08, 09:11 AM   #529
Archippus
A Cyclonian

I wonder if it may be a display resolution issue or an O/S issue... for you and Kailef... what display resolution are you using, what O/S?
My desktop resolution is 1152 X 864, as is my WoW resolution.

I do use Auctioneer on a single AH mule, so I did some testing with him. Without Recount activated, I get this on load:

Date: 2008-08-15 21:41:11
ID: 23
Error occured in: Global
Count: 1
attempt to compare number with nil
Debug:
..\FrameXML\UIPanelTemplates.lua:170: FauxScrollFrame_Update()
...AddOns\Blizzard_GuildBankUI\Blizzard_GuildBankUI.lua:630: GuildBankLogScroll()
...AddOns\Blizzard_GuildBankUI\Blizzard_GuildBankUI.lua:139: GuildBankFrame_OnEvent()
[string "*:OnEvent"]:1:
[string "*:OnEvent"]:1

With Recount activated, I get this on load, in addition to the error above:

Date: 2008-08-16 11:08:33
ID: 24
Error occured in: Global
Count: 1
Message: ..\AddOns\nUI\Integration\nUI_InfoPanel.lua line 112:
attempt to compare two nil values
Debug:
nUI\Integration\nUI_InfoPanel.lua:112:
nUI\Integration\nUI_InfoPanel.lua:104
[C]: sort()
nUI\Integration\nUI_InfoPanel.lua:513: applySkin()
nUI\Main\nUI.lua:237:
nUI\Main\nUI.lua:73

08-16-08, 09:39 AM   #530
MeqTrader
An Aku'mai Servant

Scott, wil it be possible to have the party members target show raid-icons ? As a multiboxer I like to be able to see what they have targeted and I can not right now since it only shows "Target" (btw this is ofc in the pre-release)

08-16-08, 10:19 AM   #531
mscott998
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
tooltip position

i dont much like the tooltip in the upper left either but if you make it a part of the movers then people can move it anywhere thus making everyone happy there. but that can be a later fix. i really like what your doing with the UI. look forward top seeing what the other raid Unit frames will look like.

and i personally think the health bars in the Unit frames are fine... i use Healbot for that most of the time

08-16-08, 11:34 AM   #532
noble8

Originally Posted by mscott998 View Post
i dont much like the tooltip in the upper left either but if you make it a part of the movers then people can move it anywhere thus making everyone happy there. but that can be a later fix. i really like what your doing with the UI. look forward top seeing what the other raid Unit frames will look like.

and i personally think the health bars in the Unit frames are fine... i use Healbot for that most of the time

It is in the movers, do a /nui movers and the anchor is (by default) in the top left corner you can reposition at will.

08-16-08, 11:42 AM   #533
mscott998
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
ah...i dont have the beta 2 yet.. so i was not sure of that..

08-16-08, 01:38 PM   #534
mscott998
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
another thing i noticed missing was the XP bar and the Faction Rep bar...

Will these be added into beta 2?

Last edited by mscott998 : 08-16-08 at 01:49 PM.

08-16-08, 01:43 PM   #535
spiel2001
nUI's Author

MeqTrader -- I think that's an excellent idea and, yes, I can do that. In Kara last night I was really enjoying having those buttons, especially on the focus frame... but more than once I was clicking back and forth trying to find the one that was targeting "X" or "Skull" -- having that right on the target button would be nice.

Consider it done for the next update.

Originally Posted by MeqTrader View Post
Scott, wil it be possible to have the party members target show raid-icons ? As a multiboxer I like to be able to see what they have targeted and I can not right now since it only shows "Target" (btw this is ofc in the pre-release)

08-16-08, 01:44 PM   #536
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by mscott998 View Post
another thing i noticed missing was the XP bar and the action Rep bar...

Will these be added into beta 2?
Mscott -- those are on the to-do list.

08-16-08, 02:07 PM   #537
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Exclamation Current Beta 2 pre-release status update...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Known Issues:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Buff/Deff icons do no always display time and sometimes don't appear when they should

* Mouseover tooltips are not working on buffs/debuffs other than the player's

* Player level does not update correctly when the player character levels

* The pet happiness button does not update when the pet gains happiness and sometimes
does not appear

* Action bar page1 keybindings don't work correctly for rogues

* Popup menu locations on unit frames need to be fixed... they're being placed off the
bottom of the screen

* Unit talent spec/build text is printing an odd message "normal" -- shouldn't be
printing anything since it's currently disabled

* Top bag is overlapping the top of the screen when opening a large number of bags

* Pet feeder does not always update available food icons correctly

* Raid unit frames are not sorting by raid group number

* Raid target icons are not updating in realtime when changed

To-Do List

* As a matter of record... the ButtonBag is not present in the pre-release, so the minimap
buttons are on the map still and may be showing up physically behind the map. That will
all go away when I enable the button bag.

* Likewise, Fubar and Titan support also not enabled, so the console do not automatically
move with those bars. I will have both of these items resolved today.

* Along the same lines... the 15, 20, 25 and 40 man raid panels are not in the pre-release...
both because I am not quite satisfied with them and, again, I'm trying to not have to fix
everything at once... make sure the core stuff is all working, then add the bells and
whistles if you understand.

* Experience and reputation bars need to be added back in

* Add raid target icons to the party member and focus target buttons

* Add location / clock back

* Add HUD back

* Add ButtonBag back

* Add Talent Build/Spec back

* Add Range Indicator back

* Add Health Race bar back

* Add Threat Bar back

* Add font size options for Chat and Combat log frames

For lack of a better word for it... current gripes I'm aware of:

* The default location of the fixed position tooltips in the upper
left corner may not be the best location. Thoughts?

* Need to add an option to fade the top console when not in use

Last edited by spiel2001 : 08-16-08 at 04:45 PM.

08-16-08, 03:38 PM   #538
MeqTrader
An Aku'mai Servant

don;t know if it is a bug but I believe there's an update error in the target frames. When I have a mob selected and I raid mark it it does not get updated in the target frame until I deselect and reselect it. I also noticed that if I change the raid marker (say cross becomes skull) it does not always update that as well. (all this was tested in a party with the party layout)

08-16-08, 05:56 PM   #539
noble8

Originally Posted by MeqTrader View Post
don;t know if it is a bug but I believe there's an update error in the target frames. When I have a mob selected and I raid mark it it does not get updated in the target frame until I deselect and reselect it. I also noticed that if I change the raid marker (say cross becomes skull) it does not always update that as well. (all this was tested in a party with the party layout)
Noticed similar things when in groups.

And yes, yes, to Spiel suggestions. Possibly anchor tooltip in the lower middle/left/right. Just a thought.

08-16-08, 10:19 PM   #540
Archippus
A Cyclonian
For lack of a better word for it... current gripes
How about "enthusiastic fan input".

:-)

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » nUI -- A full feature standalone UI replacement