06-11-20, 08:43 AM   #1
sylv123
A Murloc Raider
Mana Bar Color Changing

Hello everyone.

I've been trying to find an addon that would change the mana bar color from the color "blue" to the color "cyan" - while keeping the default blizzard UI.
Is there any way to do so?

The mana bar of pets, player, target, partymembers etc.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.
06-13-20, 11:56 AM   #2
sylv123
A Murloc Raider
I've found an outdated version of what I'm looking for - but I just get an error message when I log on classic.
https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/lighter-mana-bar

Thank you for your attention, you can contact me at sylvain#9088 on discord in case you'd like to chat about it.
06-13-20, 05:12 PM   #3
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I would tell you to use ElvUI , but it's been four years since I've been able to play WoW and I'm not too sure that option is still in ElvUI. After all , their site's been hacked at least once, and I've lost touch with it. I know that used to be one of the many options available through ElvUI.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!
06-15-20, 04:48 AM   #4
sylv123
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
I would tell you to use ElvUI , but it's been four years since I've been able to play WoW and I'm not too sure that option is still in ElvUI. After all , their site's been hacked at least once, and I've lost touch with it. I know that used to be one of the many options available through ElvUI.
Thanks for the response mate!

The mana bar color change is unfortunately the only thing I need changed - not interested in using ElvUI

Thanks you again for your response though
06-15-20, 05:53 AM   #5
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
The suggestion about ElvUI may have been to look at how to do it and create your own addon to do just that part yourself. I doubt there would be an addon that just does what you want and nothing else. Is there a reason you need it changed between the two shades of blue ?
06-16-20, 03:13 AM   #6
sylv123
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
The suggestion about ElvUI may have been to look at how to do it and create your own addon to do just that part yourself. I doubt there would be an addon that just does what you want and nothing else. Is there a reason you need it changed between the two shades of blue ?
I've got literally no coding experience - so I thought I'd give it a shot on this forum ^^
I tried looking at the ElvUI code as you mentioned, but I don't really know what I'm looking for.
Still trying to find a way.

I just want the color as it's easier on my eyes.

I can tip for the help, if that is not against the forum rules

Thank you everyone, and take care!
06-16-20, 06:05 AM   #7
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I mentioned ElvUI because that was the only way that I was positive would work. Most people don't seem to know that you can use what you want (of ElvUI) and disable everything else (of ElvUI ). That's what I had in mind. I know it's a lot to get just one thing, but thought that if it was the only way that you could get what you wanted ...

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!
06-16-20, 07:47 AM   #8
sylv123
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
I mentioned ElvUI because that was the only way that I was positive would work. Most people don't seem to know that you can use what you want (of ElvUI) and disable everything else (of ElvUI ). That's what I had in mind. I know it's a lot to get just one thing, but thought that if it was the only way that you could get what you wanted ...
I will give it a try, thanks mate ^^
06-16-20, 08:04 AM   #9
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
I had a look at that addon that you found that did what you wanted but had errors on Classic ?

I just made the following changes to the lua file and it works in Classic now. You should be able to use any text editor to replace the code in the lua file for that LighterManaBar addon with the following and it will work, although I couldn't get it to work on login. Had to do a reload of the UI to make it work every time. Servers have gone down now so ran out of time to make further attempts.

Lua Code:
  1. -- Runs on login and whenever player shapeshifts.
  2. function setManaBarColour(self,event,...)
  3.     PlayerFrameManaBar:SetStatusBarColor(0.2, 0.8, 1)
  4.     -- The following won't work in Classic but should in Retail
  5.     -- ( change text in brackets as expansions are added)
  6.     -- [url]https://github.com/Gethe/wow-ui-source/blob/classic/FrameXML/Constants.lua[/url]
  7.     if MAX_PLAYER_LEVEL_TABLE[LE_EXPANSION_BATTLE_FOR_AZEROTH] then
  8.         PlayerFrameAlternateManaBar:SetStatusBarColor(0.2, 0.8, 1)
  9.     end
  10. end
  12. --Runs once at startup
  13. function StartLighterManaBar()
  14.   LighterManaBarFrame:SetScript("OnEvent", setManaBarColour)
  15.   LighterManaBarFrame:RegisterEvent("UNIT_POWER_UPDATE")
  16.   LighterManaBarFrame:RegisterEvent("PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD")
  17. end
06-16-20, 09:03 AM   #10
sylv123
A Murloc Raider
Thank you so much mate!!
Very much appreciated - that's exactly what I was looking for.
Other than what you pointed out, it runs smoothly ^^
Thanks again
11-03-22, 05:27 PM   #11
SaturatedEnergy
A Kobold Labourer
I looking for the exact same thing, but for rogue energy (and also warrior rage).
Is it possible to tweak this addon to work for energy and rage?

WoWInterface » Classic - AddOns, Compliations, Macros » Classic - AddOn Search/Requests » Mana Bar Color Changing