11-11-22, 06:55 PM   #1
Walkerbo
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
PNG to BLP converter

Hi all

I have 2 converters, BLP2PNG and BLPNG Converter but they both have stopped working.

With BLP2PNG I just dropped the png onto the exe and the blp file would be created.
Now it just does not create the file, but it has no error messages.

With BLPNG Converter I try to run it but I keep getting MSVCP100.dll missing.
I have followed many youtube videos that claim to have a fix for this error yet each one has failed.

I have tried using online converters but they all convert from blp to png and not the other way around.

Is there a program or online resource that can help me convert png to blp?
11-11-22, 08:37 PM   #2
Elrigh
A Murloc Raider
https://www.wowinterface.com/downloa...Converter.html
Did work last weeck, I used it to modify objecticonsatlas.blp but I needed to update CascView because it extracted files which where not usable.
I run Blpng as Admin and it works fine for me, if you get an error about a missing dll you are most likely missing a Visual C++ Update or something in your system is broken, I have read about this some time ago, just google the dll or look on youtube for solution, there are some valid fixes.

Edit: Forgot to mention that most online converter I tested did fail with some newer blp files from Wow, which seem to have some major difference I don't know of. I get the same broken picture file CascView produced before i got it up to date. Some files might convert online just fine, objecticonsatlas.blp did not when I tried online solutions.

Last edited by Elrigh : 11-11-22 at 08:40 PM.
11-12-22, 02:48 AM   #3
Walkerbo
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hi Elrigh

Thanks this new version works.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Graphics Help » PNG to BLP converter