06-13-08, 11:00 AM   #1
Dissident
An Aku'mai Servant
Seeing my own health...

I am having a hard time getting use to looking to the lower left to see where my health is at during pvp fights. I know the hud is there but it seems like it is maybe a bit to transparent to really stand out to me.

Any suggestions on how to adjust to this or will I just get used to it over time? Is there a command for making the hud a bit darker or something that will make my health stand out better?

This may sound like a dumb question, but it the only thing i am really having a hard time getting used to!
06-13-08, 11:19 AM   #2
DocEVL
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Dissident View Post
I am having a hard time getting use to looking to the lower left to see where my health is at during pvp fights. I know the hud is there but it seems like it is maybe a bit to transparent to really stand out to me.

Any suggestions on how to adjust to this or will I just get used to it over time? Is there a command for making the hud a bit darker or something that will make my health stand out better?

This may sound like a dumb question, but it the only thing i am really having a hard time getting used to!
You will get used to it it took me a while when I first started using it also. However on a good note you can make the HUD less transparent (or maybe it is at 100% and you make it more transparent but the option is there). If you go into MazzleOptions from the MazzleUI Foobar plugin (very top right corner) in one of the MazzleUI sections note sure which one off the top of my head, there are a number of options for the HUD.

06-13-08, 02:01 PM   #3
Dissident
An Aku'mai Servant
Thanks Doc. Yea I assumed it is something I will just have to get used to. I have gotten wasted a few times in pvp tryin to get used to everything in new places and looking different! lol. Love the UI though, and will never go back!
06-15-08, 08:08 AM   #4
viva
A Fallenroot Satyr
Check your scrolling combat text setup, there should be a low health warning that will play a sound when the low heath threshold has been reached. I use MSBT which I'm certain has this feature, but I'd be surprised if SCT did not have it built in as well. While grinding the HUD is easy to keep track of, but I'm a healer and when you're focusing on raid frames the sound alert has saved me many many times.
06-15-08, 02:02 PM   #5
Blu_Haze
A Cliff Giant

I had the same problem when I first started using the UI way back when. Even before Mazzle was released, I was using mods like ArcHUD because the HUDs I had seen in PVP videos always looked nice. Unfortunately I found out that until you get used to using a HUD, you often unintentionally fall back to what was previously comfortable for you.

With just adding stand alone HUD mods to my old pre-mazzle UI setup, I found that I wouldn't even use the HUD even though it was right in front of my face and kept looking at my old character portrait.

Once I started using Mazzle though I couldn't do that any longer since the old portraits were not only completely gone, but the standard health bars were moved to a different location. So I had the choice of either getting used to and dealing with the new position of the health bars, or simply forcing myself to use the HUD.

Without even really realizing it, I've gotten so comfortable with using the HUD, that sometimes I forget I even still have the old fashioned health bars in the lower left corner.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Seeing my own health...