03-12-05, 12:12 AM   #1
saldach
A Murloc Raider
Empty Folders...???

Today while i was playing i noticed some things weren't happing or going right, and when i logged out and checked my add-ons everything seemed ok... then i went and check the folders, on a wild hunch, and noticed that what wasn't working ingame had empty folders that were not empty yesterday... ei: CustomTooltip, MonkeyQuest, QuestHistory, SmartPet, just to name a few... i'm going to try to replace the folders but was wondering what could've caused this...???
03-12-05, 01:27 AM   #2
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Do you use cosmos? Their patcher will delete anything and everything it doesn't recognize as being a part of itself (aka all the rest of your mods) if you have the "keep directory clean" option enabled. To prevent it from happening again in the future, you can do one of two things. Either:

a) turn off the "keep directory clean" option; or
b) add a .nopatch folder for every single one of the other addons.

If you want to keep using the "keep directory clean" option of the cosmos patcher, you should make a backup copy of the other addons, which you copy into the wow\interface\addons folder after you finish running the cosmos patcher, every time.

There was an extensive thread on this topic in the Blizz forums, but it seems to have dropped off now (can't find it any more).

If you aren't using Cosmos, I've no idea what else could cause this to happen.

(edited for clarity)
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti

Last edited by Cairenn : 03-12-05 at 03:35 AM.
03-12-05, 04:03 PM   #3
saldach
A Murloc Raider
i am using cosmos and i did patch the day in question.. TY for the help... i will both make a copy and turn off the cleaning portion... again.. TY... it is refreshing to know that when i place a comment/question someone on the boards responds quickly.. TY all ...

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Empty Folders...???