06-19-08, 07:37 PM   #1
Charybdis
A Cyclonian
Panel Mover

Whats the name of the mod that allows you to click/drag the interface panels like your character sheet/trade skill window etc around?
06-19-08, 07:38 PM   #2
DocEVL
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Charybdis View Post
Whats the name of the mod that allows you to click/drag the interface panels like your character sheet/trade skill window etc around?
That would be moveFrames however it is quite buggy as it has not been updated in a long time and never has properly worked since 2.3

06-19-08, 07:48 PM   #3
Mitranim
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

If you want to drag/rotate default bars and frames while leaving them otherwise unchanged, the best maybe is CTBottomBar. You cound find it here.
06-19-08, 07:54 PM   #4
acapela
A Cobalt Mageweaver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
the one that has worked the best for me has been MoveAnything. this relocates frames permanently, not just for the scope of a single session (i hope that is what you are looking for; if not, ignore this).

it has been updated fairly recently, it knows (pre-configured) about most of the built-in frames native to blizzard's UI, definitely works under 2.4, and its configuration can be set up to operate on all chars under the same account, or on a per-character basis (i use it globally for my whole account, so that everything gets positioned consistently among all my chars).

there are certain things about frames (specifically frames created/owned by addons) that render this sort of mod ineffective... not naming a frame at creation, not assigning the frame "UIParent" as the parent of the frame at creation, can result in frames that MoveAnything cannot operate on. some frames that MoveAnything cannot access can be accessed by similar mods (the other one i use is FluidFrames, which only controls things on a per-character basis). you also have to know the name of a frame, generally, to control it, which can mean digging into an addon's XML or LUA to figure it out.

hope all this helps.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Panel Mover