06-24-12, 12:05 PM   #1
CClassiquee
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Need feedback.

So I've been working on my UI for the past three days now and I'm looking for a honest opinion and some feedback.

The Addons I'm using for the interface =
ACP
Aurora
Bartender 4
bBag
bBuff
ButtonFacade and Masque(Caith) for some kind of weird reason.
Dbm.
eAlign
ErrorFilter
Fonter
Healers Have To Die
kgPanels
KUI_Nameplates
Lootrollmover
Losecontrol
Mapster
MikScrollingBattleText
nibChatTabs
NugComboBar
OmniCC
Platebuffs
pMinimap
PowerAuras
Prat 3.0
Quartz
Skada (disabled, sometimes enabled)
Shadowed Unit Frames (Still looking for a better one)
Tiptac
Vuhdo (disabled in dungeon groups and solo)
Who Framed Watcher Wabbit
Xlootgroup

Last edited by CClassiquee : 06-24-12 at 02:32 PM.
06-24-12, 01:09 PM   #2
Léthalvenom
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
By the looks of it pretty set up,nice and clean but i m not sure its for posting here since this section is for help with add-ons. Also what kind of feedback were u looking for? Since its hard to spot the "hidden" stuff without having a list of add-ons that u use.
In the end a ui is still a representation of how u like to play and what suits u well in WoW. I suggest u do a upload and see the reactions on it by users if they want to give feedback.
06-24-12, 01:47 PM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Hello, CClassiquee. I moved your thread into the UI feedback section of the forums.

It looks nice. I have just a few nit-picky things to point out thanks to my OCD.
  1. your player frame is a pixel or two higher than your target frame & action bars bg
  2. you should have a uniform spacing between the action bar bg and the bars/buttons
  3. same as above, but with ToT frame (should be spaced the same as player/target from the bg)
  4. your buffs (by the minimap) should have same border/skin as action bar buttons
  5. button on minimap should go
  6. fps display is 1-2 pixels higher than rest
  7. coordinate font should match the rest
  8. edit: you should decide where you want to see your buffs so you can hide the duplicate (or only display *important* ones by your uf)
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

Last edited by Seerah : 06-24-12 at 01:50 PM.
06-24-12, 02:01 PM   #4
Léthalvenom
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

hmmz Seerah could u do that for me also if u re having some time plox but for my next upload,its almost finished.
Well soon as some on can help me with my post i made on add-ons help forum for my code on kgpanels...
06-24-12, 02:13 PM   #5
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

More or less what Seerah said, use same borders, same fonts (and the size/shadow on the fonts) on everything.
Uniform is the key.

The unitframes themselves are pretty standard, but if it works for you
06-24-12, 02:27 PM   #6
CClassiquee
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Hello, CClassiquee. I moved your thread into the UI feedback section of the forums.

It looks nice. I have just a few nit-picky things to point out thanks to my OCD.
  1. your player frame is a pixel or two higher than your target frame & action bars bg
  2. you should have a uniform spacing between the action bar bg and the bars/buttons
  3. same as above, but with ToT frame (should be spaced the same as player/target from the bg)
  4. your buffs (by the minimap) should have same border/skin as action bar buttons
  5. button on minimap should go
  6. fps display is 1-2 pixels higher than rest
  7. coordinate font should match the rest
  8. edit: you should decide where you want to see your buffs so you can hide the duplicate (or only display *important* ones by your uf)
Hey thanks for the feedback and placing my thread in the right section! I'm looking for a nice buff addon, I tried satrina buff frames. But I find it quiet buggy sometimes. And the button is usually gone, but forgot to disable it. Thanks for the rest of the tips I will get them straight soon. I really appreciate your tips.

06-24-12, 02:33 PM   #7
CClassiquee
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by p3lim View Post
More or less what Seerah said, use same borders, same fonts (and the size/shadow on the fonts) on everything.
Uniform is the key.

The unitframes themselves are pretty standard, but if it works for you
Thanks for the tip
And if you know a better unitframe to use please name it.
I will definitly check it out cause I'm not very pleased with the one I have now.
06-24-12, 04:02 PM   #8
Léthalvenom
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Maybe u want to try stuf or Ouf as unitframes,for the buffs u might like Raven
06-24-12, 04:09 PM   #9
CClassiquee
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Léthalvenom View Post
Maybe u want to try stuf or Ouf as unitframes,for the buffs u might like Raven
Thanks for noticing me on Raven, will check it out.
06-25-12, 06:13 AM   #10
Léthalvenom
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Saw u editted your post on the pic. I now see u re using Stuf allready. Don t u like it?
06-25-12, 08:18 AM   #11
CClassiquee
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Saw u editted your post on the pic. I now see u re using Stuf allready. Don t u like it?
I do but I'm not very pleased with it.
06-25-12, 08:54 AM   #12
Léthalvenom
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Originally Posted by CClassiquee View Post
I do but I'm not very pleased with it.
Ohw i ve tried many others,this is one of the best for me so far,u can do lots of cool things with it,only downside for me is that its not saving profiles while using ace. Maybe u wanna see a pic of my ui? Its almost ready for next upload anyways so.
06-25-12, 12:01 PM   #13
CClassiquee
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Ohw i ve tried many others,this is one of the best for me so far,u can do lots of cool things with it,only downside for me is that its not saving profiles while using ace. Maybe u wanna see a pic of my ui? Its almost ready for next upload anyways so.
Show me
06-25-12, 02:45 PM   #14
Léthalvenom
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Not fully done yet,just a few tweaks here and there to do. But almost good for upload ^^
The bar on top is classcolored if u re wondering why the pink On my mage its less hmm ah well pallies are power rangers anyways...

edit : i ll upload an idle one later on

Last edited by Léthalvenom : 06-25-12 at 03:07 PM.
06-25-12, 08:20 PM   #15
Phanx
Cat.

You're almost there! Just a little further!

Seriously, though, there is way too much stuff on your screen. The random stretched-out looking graphic panels are really bulky and distracting. You're spending way too much space on your buffs, most of which you never need to see at all. Do you really need an entire chat frame just for loot? You have way too many different fonts (I see at least 4, maybe 5). You have skins on some spell icons, but not on others. The bright pink bar across the top of the screen is very bright and distracting. You should also consider hiding your Broker bar when not mousing over it, or while in combat; do you really need to dedicate screen space at all times to something telling you that you're not in a battleground? Don't you already know where you are?

Last edited by Phanx : 06-25-12 at 08:25 PM.
06-26-12, 02:04 AM   #16
Léthalvenom
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Hahahaha,thnx Phanx,actually that chat frame is for general,guildchat and trade,but also displays loot and combatlog. Second tab is for party and raid stuff or bg. Third is for creature emotes.
I just don t like guildchat or general chat popping up between my raidwarnings when raiding.
The fonts,true still need to uniform it,but was still tweaking it. Thnx for the tip on the buffbars m8.
They were originally smaller but made them bit bigger this week to see how it would show. The battleground will be gone i guess when i choose hide till mouse over but i dunno yet,people can choose that for themselves also if they want it.
And if i know where i am really depends on the time of the day if u know what i mean. Sometimes i do sometimes i dont Actually the bright pink is cuz i altered the code for displaying colors. The bar is class colored so for a warr its going to brown,rogue yellow etc. But for my pally i changed the settings to get that. Liked it more than the original pink for pally.
What do u suggest to do with the artwork panels? Any good ideas or tricks?
Btw Phanx would u be so kind to check my thread out on the kgpanel question i asked?
I know u re amazing with lua,if some one knows its prolly u.
Thnx again
06-26-12, 02:39 AM   #17
Phanx
Cat.

It can be tempting to SHOW ALL THE THINGS! but you'll end up with a better product in the end if you critically examine each piece of information and consider whether you really need it. Does it have an immediate effect on your gameplay actions? Would you be unable to fulfill the obligations of your gameplay role (such as healer, raid leader, guild officer, tank, etc.) without it?

If the answer to both of those questions is even tentatively "no", you should probably get rid of it, or keep it hidden most of the time. The more things you have competing for your attention, the harder it is to notice and stay focused on on the really important things.

Have you considered a tabbed chat frame? This way, you would not have guild/general chat visible at all while raiding, since you could have all raid-related messages in one frame, and just switch to that during raids.

I'd also suggest getting a dedicated "loot monitor" addon if you really need to see all the rolls... but if you're not a raid leader, guild officer, loot council member, or master looter, you probably don't actually need to see that information.

Do you really need to see that your party members have Battle Shout? Get a personal buff reminder to alert you when you need to buff people, and hide the general buff display on group frames. Similarly, configure group frames to only show debuffs you can dispel (preferrably with a solid colored highlight instead of an icon, since the actual debuff does not matter) or debuffs that are specifically relevant to what you're doing (eg. important raid boss debuffs if you're raiding, or important PvP debuffs if you're doing arenas/battlegrounds).

What do u suggest to do with the artwork panels? Any good ideas or tricks?
Get rid of them. If you have trouble reading chat text without a background, try adding an outline to the text, or making the text bigger. If you still need a background, use a solid color with the minimum opacity that's usable for you (i.e. as transparent as possible), and make each chat frame have its own background, so you don't have a huge solid block covering up ~15% of your screen.

Currently the overall effect is that you're wearing a Master Chief helmet with only a narrow slot to see out of, and tons of neon HUDs flashing everywhere distracting you from what's actually going on in the game world.
06-26-12, 02:54 AM   #18
Léthalvenom
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

I am guildmaster and most times raidleading and dividing loot idd. Thats the reason why i need to have a view on it. Busy with changing some things atm on my ui,i ll post an update later on. Got rid of the artwork and found something else for it,wich is looking nicer. For the buffs,i know what u mean,thing is i started using Raven a while ago since i didn t like Satrina's much. Used Elkbuffbars before for like 4-5years i think.

Edit:still learning at my age Spanx Phanx

Last edited by Léthalvenom : 06-26-12 at 03:04 AM.
06-26-12, 10:55 AM   #19
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Well, just remember that this is *your* UI and you don't need to accept any advice. As long as you have a personal reason for having something the way that it is, even if it's just that you "like it that way", then keep it. One suggestion for opening up your screen some, though, is to use a viewport so that the game world isn't "covered up" by your art panels.

Phanx does have some good suggestions, though. So even with my statement above about keeping things even if you just "like it that way", do still think about whether you *need* it that way. Art, though, doesn't need to go if you feel that it makes your game more enjoyable.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

06-26-12, 11:24 AM   #20
CClassiquee
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

I am guildmaster and most times raidleading and dividing loot idd. Thats the reason why i need to have a view on it. Busy with changing some things atm on my ui,i ll post an update later on. Got rid of the artwork and found something else for it,wich is looking nicer. For the buffs,i know what u mean,thing is i started using Raven a while ago since i didn t like Satrina's much. Used Elkbuffbars before for like 4-5years i think.

Edit:still learning at my age Spanx Phanx
I like your UI but what Phanx said, too many stuff on your screen. Try changng the scale in your addon options.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion » Need feedback.