08-31-08, 08:01 AM   #821
theleming
A Murloc Raider
ok, well i am only making suggestions and ignore me if you want, but first of all, i am thinking about the old nui and how it had the minimap integrated directly into the center, that was very helpful, is it possible to do that in another "solo" option for the center unit frames? and you were s aying something about a wardrobe manager in your "to do", i suggest another mod integration, with a mod called "outfitter". also i was noticing that in the latest versions, when you click on the map it no longer brings up an expanded version of the map, is this gone for good?

these are my suggestions/requests ignore them if they seem like too much work, i am still gonna be a lover of nui whether these things are changed or not

Last edited by theleming : 08-31-08 at 08:04 AM.

08-31-08, 08:09 AM   #822
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by theleming View Post
ok, well i am only making suggestions and ignore me if you want, but first of all, i am thinking about the old nui and how it had the minimap integrated directly into the center, that was very helpful, is it possible to do that in another "solo" option for the center unit frames? and you were s aying something about a wardrobe manager in your "to do", i suggest another mod integration, with a mod called "outfitter". also i was noticing that in the latest versions, when you click on the map it no longer brings up an expanded version of the map, is this gone for good?

these are my suggestions/requests ignore them if they seem like too much work, i am still gonna be a lover of nui whether these things are changed or not
The click feature on the battlefield minimap will not be back until I code my own map mod as it causes a slew of headaches, including taint issues and conflicts with other map mods. It is my intent to tackle that project after the WotLK release.

Would a small minimap in the same location as the focus frame that IS NOT compatible with Gatherer, Cartographer, etc. be an acceptable compromise?

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

08-31-08, 09:59 AM   #823
theleming
A Murloc Raider
that would be great and i wouldnt call it a compromise i would call it an allowance from our all powerfull overlord of nui allowing us the conveniancy of a minni map

-your faithfull peon Theleming

08-31-08, 06:08 PM   #824
eloora
A Fallenroot Satyr

Minor issue with the new stealth state bar switching functionality: When I hit an attack from stealth, like Pounce or Ravage for ferals, the attack itself is skipped, the bar switches, and the attack that is in the stealth attack's spot on my main bar fires instead. Like, I hit 2 on my hotbar, but instead of Pounce it switches back to my main Cat bar and hits Mangle instead, which is 2 there. This is while pressing the key on the keyboard. Oddly, clicking the key with my mouse fires off the correct attack, THEN switches the bar to normal state.

08-31-08, 07:58 PM   #825
Gremriel
A Fallenroot Satyr
Error while trying to trade

Hi,

I'm testing your UI out now and i love it so far. I installed the latest beta and when i'm trying to trade with someone while in group by rightclicking on their portrait, i get the following error:

Interface\FrameXML\UnitPopup.lua:567
Usage: UnitIsConnected ("unit")

Thanks for a great job so far, and when i get the cash a donation will be made

08-31-08, 11:44 PM   #826
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by eloora View Post
Minor issue with the new stealth state bar switching functionality: When I hit an attack from stealth, like Pounce or Ravage for ferals, the attack itself is skipped, the bar switches, and the attack that is in the stealth attack's spot on my main bar fires instead. Like, I hit 2 on my hotbar, but instead of Pounce it switches back to my main Cat bar and hits Mangle instead, which is 2 there. This is while pressing the key on the keyboard. Oddly, clicking the key with my mouse fires off the correct attack, THEN switches the bar to normal state.
This came up in another thread earlier this morning, too.

Unfortunately, in leveling my druid to 21 to "fix" this "problem" I broke something that wasn't broken in the first place /sigh Since she was only 21, the only stealth kitty skill she had was claw which happened to be in the same position on the stealth bar that it was on the non-stealthed bar so I didn't catch that while I saw the stealth bar, I was actually firing the non-stealth bar button.

If you disable all mods and switch to kitty form, then prowl you'll note that the Bliz bar does NOT change. The functionality of providing a unique bar for kitty stealth is not default Bliz behavior, yet the nUI main action bar is build on the Bliz action bar engine. So, when I switch to this bar, Bliz is not expecting it ans the keybindings are still firing the kitty bar buttons as Bliz expects those to be the active bar. My "fix" actually broke something that wasn't technically broken in the first place.

In any event, I'm looking now to try and figure out how to get Bliz to keybind the new bar instead of the old one without breaking anything else.

08-31-08, 11:46 PM   #827
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by Gremriel View Post
Hi,

I'm testing your UI out now and i love it so far. I installed the latest beta and when i'm trying to trade with someone while in group by rightclicking on their portrait, i get the following error:

Interface\FrameXML\UnitPopup.lua:567
Usage: UnitIsConnected ("unit")

Thanks for a great job so far, and when i get the cash a donation will be made
Gremriel -- Which version are you testing? (It tells you when you log in) I thought I had worked around this bug in the Beta 2.

The error that you're referring to is a bug in Bliz's code and I've already made a bug report on it as have others. The "solution" in the interim is to disable the in-game voice chat feature. That said, I'd be curious to know if you're running the latest beta as I truly did think I had coded a work-around to that.

09-01-08, 05:06 AM   #828
Gremriel
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
Gremriel -- Which version are you testing? (It tells you when you log in) I thought I had worked around this bug in the Beta 2.

The error that you're referring to is a bug in Bliz's code and I've already made a bug report on it as have others. The "solution" in the interim is to disable the in-game voice chat feature. That said, I'd be curious to know if you're running the latest beta as I truly did think I had coded a work-around to that.
It is 2.03.00. I never use voice chat, but it got enabled somehow. I'll disable it to get around it, no problem, but the issue seems to be still in there somewhere

09-01-08, 07:12 AM   #829
aastarius
An Aku'mai Servant

** Warning, suddenly finding myself with a little time to "play" so likely to be a few posts in near future **

Clique
having a couple of issues related to nUI unit frames.

Previously always used MiddleButton to set focus and CTRL-MiddleButton to clearfocus. With nUI frames MiddleButton not working at all.

Changing the focus mapping to CTRL-LeftClick now sets focus to be target - this is irrespective of which unit frame is "clicked".

Clearfocus works though ONLY if you do not use a middleMouse button mapping.

Weird eh

09-01-08, 07:47 AM   #830
Dornaa
A Murloc Raider
Hi again. Probably been mentioned before, but I find that spells like lightning shield are showing the buff icon, but not the number of charges left. Same goes for my priest's inner fire. Not a huge problem, it's just information that's useful to know in combat.

Many thanks for the hard work!

09-01-08, 10:52 AM   #831
Jzar
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Here's another recommendation for Proximo and Grid. Prox is essential for arena, especially since I play a mage. I almost always pop invis right before the match starts, (which, if you're unfamiliar with mage, makes me unable to see anybody that can't see me) so I rely on it to figure out what we're up against.

I also mentioned back on like, page 20 or something, how heavily I rely on Grid. I really think it would be to the advantage of nUI to code in some compatability for it. I think most high end healers use it, or at least my friends and guildies do.

You asked for some Grid specific feedback, so here's a quote from my 2nd post to this forum:

"It's setup to show who's missing my class buffs, who's got aggro (when I'm tanking) and who's got a shield or IB (probably about to start taking damage), who's got curses (on my mage), who's missing how much HP (for healing of course) and how many lifebloom stacks do they have, and who's already got HOTS from other healers so I can work on people that need healing, raid mana, and readycheck statuses."

Here's a list of Grid plugins I use:
Grid
GridManaBars
GridSideIndicators
GridStatusHots
GridStatusLifebloom
GridStatusMissingBuffs
GridStatusRaidIcons
GridStatusReadyCheck

Here's a link to the Elitist Jerks thread where I got most of my ideas for how I've currently got Grid setup: http://elitistjerks.com/f32/t14988-g...functionality/

I cannot emphasize enough how much value I think Grid (and all its plugins) bring to parties. If there's anything else I can help with on the subject of Grid, just let me know.

09-01-08, 12:08 PM   #832
Jungleanimal
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Hmmm..you convinced me (had been wanting to use grid for a long time). I think I am going to get rid of sRaidframes and use Grid for my mage.

Jungle

09-01-08, 12:23 PM   #833
Jungleanimal
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Spiel,

I agree also that Grid might be the perfect plugin for your 25 man raid frame screen. Or you could at least offer it as a supported option just like with Omen and Recount. Almost all of the top level T6 raiding guilds require it for healers and of course it is also very handy for other classes as well. I don't know if it would fit into your predefined space or not but I know it is very configurable so it could probably be adjusted to fit into your space just fine. Just a thought.

Jungle

09-01-08, 01:29 PM   #834
t_storm
A Defias Bandit
Arrow

I would love to see the option of having Players Names in trade/LFG chat colored to there class. I know this seems like a relatively mute issue for some but for some of us we have come to rely on it. This option was available in Prat but for me at least it has stopped working and I'm missing it terribly.

I even went so far as to only install NUI and Prat and it's still not working!

I love the ui and I'm currently using Beta 1 cause of the missing raid frames in Beta 2 can't wait to update to beta 2 though!

Could you possibly work this into your ui and have it actually work

TIA

09-01-08, 02:54 PM   #835
mscott998
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by t_storm View Post
I would love to see the option of having Players Names in trade/LFG chat colored to there class. I know this seems like a relatively mute issue for some but for some of us we have come to rely on it. This option was available in Prat but for me at least it has stopped working and I'm missing it terribly.

I even went so far as to only install NUI and Prat and it's still not working!

I love the ui and I'm currently using Beta 1 cause of the missing raid frames in Beta 2 can't wait to update to beta 2 though!

Could you possibly work this into your ui and have it actually work

TIA

I use customchat with beta 2.03 and it works just fine. try that one and see. prat has been dropped along time ago as i used to use it and had to switch for the colored chad and the sticky chat function.

09-01-08, 06:25 PM   #836
eloora
A Fallenroot Satyr

Minor HUD issue: When the mob you are targeting casts their Enrage buff, the debuff display to the right of the target HUD display clears of any debuffs/dots of yours it had on it, and only shows the Enrage buff. While I find the HUD debuff display rather redundant and superfluous, I thought I'd mention the odd functionality.

09-01-08, 08:00 PM   #837
asder
A Defias Bandit
I Like it But....

I have just started to use this UI and so far it is nice. But there seems to be a problem with the mini map and tomtom. If you select something other than the mini map then the tomtom waypoint arrows don't work...

One thing that would be nice is to have counters for DoT's for the Warlock

Other than that stuff, It's A Great Addon keep up the good work

09-01-08, 08:04 PM   #838
mscott998
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by Jungleanimal View Post
Spiel,

I agree also that Grid might be the perfect plugin for your 25 man raid frame screen. Or you could at least offer it as a supported option just like with Omen and Recount. Almost all of the top level T6 raiding guilds require it for healers and of course it is also very handy for other classes as well. I don't know if it would fit into your predefined space or not but I know it is very configurable so it could probably be adjusted to fit into your space just fine. Just a thought.

Jungle
Ive been messing with grid and don't much like it. it doesn't have any click casting abilities with out a secondary addon. healbot is a standalone mod that can be set up to change color when people need buffs, or need decursed, and is also has click to heal . has functions of a 5 button mouse with alt, cntr or shift clicking as well that enables 20 different click cask spells that can be configured. it has a health and mana bar that can be configures to the width you desire as well as a agro bar to show when someone has agro. also has the availability to show incoming heals to help prevent over heals.

it also can be sorted by class, Group #, and is able to set MT targets in its own category.

you can also see the persons full name, rather than a small amount of the name due to grids small size

just some thought, any what you go spiel i will enjoy it. thanks for the hard work on such a revolutionary mod to the wow universe!

09-02-08, 01:06 AM   #839
Tehryn
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

Hey Spiel,

I know, this is totally off limit, but...

Thought I'd leave my druid at 10 for trying out nUI but couldn't leave well enough alone. He just dinged 20, and I noticed this in the chat window:
"nUI Says: Gratz on reaching level 20 Dvine!"

I thought that was a very nice touch. Well done spiel !

Last edited by Tehryn : 09-02-08 at 02:05 AM.

09-02-08, 06:58 AM   #840
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Aastarius --

Ummm.. thanks for the warning? ~grin~

Okay... click casting... this has come up somewhere else where another user asked if nUI's click casting support was disabled in Beta 2. No. It is not. Nor do I believe the problem to be nUI's in origin.

In short, to make a "unit frame" support click casting, you do two things in a mod... you create your frame using a SecureUnitButtonTemplate and you add your frame to a global table called ClickCastFrames. That's it. End of story. nUI does nothing else to enable, disable or modify click casting behavior. It does not register specific buttons to do, or not do, anything, it does not enable/disable mouse functionality, etc. As a result, click casting support is either all on, or all off. There's no middle ground where some of it works and some of it doesn't.

Now, that's not to say that there's not some oddity that causing heartburn. I just wanted to be clear that the issue of what buttons do what belongs entirely to the click casting mod and not to nUI. My role is only to let the other mod know I have click castable frames and then get out of the way.

To be perfectly honest, I'm not even sure where to begin to debug an issue like this as I have never used a click casting mod and wouldn't know it wasn't working right if I was staring at the problem ~lol~ If any of the addon authors reading over our shoulders wants to throw two cents in, go for it.

I'd be happy to work with the authors on any of these issues, but I strongly suspect the fastest route to a solution is to ask them why those buttons aren't working. I won't rule out nUI, but I strongly suspect the solution is going to require someone who is intimately familiar with how the click casting mod works.

Originally Posted by aastarius View Post
** Warning, suddenly finding myself with a little time to "play" so likely to be a few posts in near future **

Clique
having a couple of issues related to nUI unit frames.

Previously always used MiddleButton to set focus and CTRL-MiddleButton to clearfocus. With nUI frames MiddleButton not working at all.

Changing the focus mapping to CTRL-LeftClick now sets focus to be target - this is irrespective of which unit frame is "clicked".

Clearfocus works though ONLY if you do not use a middleMouse button mapping.

Weird eh

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » nUI -- A full feature standalone UI replacement