05-26-15, 06:16 PM   #21
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
PTR Branch has been merged into Dev one. If you use the dev branch you'll see Tanaan Jungle as a green box until the textures go live.

New for this release, Handy Notes is now natively supported by the Notes plugin.

Anyone noticed a theme with the releases yet? *laughs*
05-27-15, 04:09 PM   #22
Svegan
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

May not be the space for this, but screw it. You rock man. I have been on live and ptr with latest dev version, and it is working flawlessly. I have taken several of my 100's and copied them to ptr, and had everything work, in old content, pre 6.2 and in the new areas. I have also noticed that my fps does not seem to be drastically affected by having carbonite going. I run main, quest, weekly and warehouse. I have not tried any of the other modules yet. I will test them all this weekend, and see if anything crops up. Again, let me reiterate and say Thank you, and tell you just how wonderful this all is, to have carbonite back.
05-28-15, 02:56 AM   #23
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
New for this release, Handy Notes is now natively supported by the Notes plugin.
This works great! Long awaited feature.

Rythal check this: https://github.com/Rythal/Carbonite/issues/304

Last edited by ircdirk : 05-28-15 at 03:29 AM.
05-28-15, 11:07 AM   #24
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
What other addons are you using?

I can enter combat with compatibility off and bring up the map / close the map, bring up world map / close world map

with compatibility on it acts as it should and won't do anything with the map during combat, but no errors.
05-28-15, 12:05 PM   #25
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

What other addons are you using?

I can enter combat with compatibility off and bring up the map / close the map, bring up world map / close world map

with compatibility on it acts as it should and won't do anything with the map during combat, but no errors.
U are right it is some other addon, but now i got no time to find which. Sorry for bothering...
05-28-15, 10:53 PM   #26
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Tonights push adds the last of new features I had seen asked for / requested.

Gathering now logs Tree harvests.

Along with that update I started work on my next project which is to make Carbonite dungeon level aware and supported.

Nodes now log what dungeon level they were found on when gathered, and if you change map dungeonlevels it only displays nodes from that level.

Imported Nodes from Gathermate are all dungeon level 0 (outside), old node databases work as normal as if the dungeon level wasn't logged, then it defaults to thinking it was 0.
05-28-15, 11:05 PM   #27
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

Tonights push adds the last of new features I had seen asked for / requested.

Gathering now logs Tree harvests.

Along with that update I started work on my next project which is to make Carbonite dungeon level aware and supported.

Nodes now log what dungeon level they were found on when gathered, and if you change map dungeonlevels it only displays nodes from that level.

Imported Nodes from Gathermate are all dungeon level 0 (outside), old node databases work as normal as if the dungeon level wasn't logged, then it defaults to thinking it was 0.
Are dungeons maps and levels in them fixed? Couse that was anoying when i displays u on level 0 when u are on 2
05-29-15, 12:19 AM   #28
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
I can't say i've had it show me on the wrong dungeon level... running all the raids and heroics it's tracked me precisely.
05-29-15, 12:30 AM   #29
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

Also vanilla dungs and raids? Maybe again some addon on my side...
05-29-15, 01:23 AM   #30
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
The only vanilla raid or dungeon i've ran was AQ40 but yes it worked there... if you know of one you know didn't work I can try it.
06-04-15, 11:22 PM   #31
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
So, after about 4 hours tonight trying to find out why my maps were not loading (was doing the locked to 2-3 maps only that archy use to cause) I finally narrowed it down to HandyNotes... more specifically, Astrolab library for Handynotes.

What has changed in the newer versions I haven't narrowed down yet, but I do know I took Zygors version of astrolab (rev 147 customized by them) and replaced Handynotes astrolab (rev 161) with it and everything is working perfectly fine again. So I need to dig into what has changed between those revisions and why it breaks carbonites map displaying.
06-05-15, 07:31 AM   #32
Svegan
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

since carbonite is now modular, would you consider a live release of the modules known to be working, before patch 6.2, or are you waiting on 6.2 before you release? I can test horde side on ptr, if that provides any benefit to you. Let me know.
06-12-15, 04:45 PM   #33
Fizgig1973
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Installed the git version...thanks so much!

Was there a change with the "Follow You" option on the minimap? Previously in BGs I had this unchecked so the BG map would stay stationary and I could see my teammates. Outside of BGs it was set to follow and would keep me centered.

Now however it staying checked or unchecked regardless of if I am in a BG or not. So if I join a BG it will move around me unless I uncheck it and recenter it.
06-17-15, 08:37 AM   #34
Kreelor
A Firelord

Profiles

Are Profiles going to be fixed?
06-18-15, 02:03 AM   #35
samyonair
A Frostmaul Preserver

Astrolabe

Hi Rythal,

I hope this will help by finding the problem

It seems astrolabe has Issues with WOD MapIds

So after an extensive amount of debugging, I have tracked down the issue that plagues Astrolabe in WoD and causes issues with the Garrison maps. The problem is exactly what Dorwido pointed out in the beginning of December: "There is an strange error, the WorldMapSize dont include data for the garrison if you do a fresh start of the client and login, if you logout a character and relogin or do a /reload it contains the data."
The root cause is a Blizzard issue. SetMapByID will NOT work for the following 18 maps:http://www.curseforge.com/paste/yf1xpwiarn2k9j4l/. It will instead end up at a different MapID when you attempt it. For some reason, 10 of those 18 maps DO actually work with SetMapByID, but only after a reload, and only if you are the same faction as the owner of the map that is being requested (so an individual character can only get 5/10 even after a reload).
I have come up with a solution for it that solves all 18 cases.
# For 8 cases, we can just do HarvestedMapData[badMapID] = HarvestedMapData[goodMapID] because it happens that there is another mapID that works that has the exact same data (same number of floors, continent, zone, coordinates). The map file name is different, but that is the only weakness, and this approach is cleaner than hardcoding (imo).
# Unfortunately, for the remainder of the cases, there is no 'good' MapID (on first reload anyway). We can solve this by hardcoding a few pieces of data (floors, continent, zone, and map file name) for 2 of the 10 maps not solved by the first solution.
# For the other 8/10 remaining cases, we can just set them equal to the two cases we hardcoded.

It is fairly ugly code, but I do not think there are many alternatives, and I commented it well to help make up for it. The new code is entirely from line 1274 to 1354 in this Astrolabe.lua
http://www.curseforge.com/paste/11773/
DIFF: http://wow.curseforge.com/paste/11886/

I hope that you will include this segment of code in your next Astrolabe release, as the issue it addresses seems to be commonly reported.
Cheers!
Source: http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/astrolabe/#c29
\___________________________________________________
Carbonite Translation Team Member; Carbonite Forum Mod

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: Dev Talk » Pending Fixes