05-10-13, 11:48 AM   #1
Mortarius
Premium Member
Premium Member
[Help] Auctioneer Addon

First off, if this is the wrong forum section please feel free to move it to the correct section.

Alright, well I was hoping I could get some help with the Auctioneer addon as I have been using it for about a month now with almost no luck. I scan the Auction House twice a day almost every single day (once in the a.m. and once in the p.m.). I use the Appraiser tab and set it to 24 Hours. I also set my Bid to be the same as the Buyout. Now my issue is that even after about a month of scans (some items have over 10000 seen), I hardly ever sell any of my items. I pretty much try to sell everything too, Leathers, Cloth, Weapons, Armor, Potions, etc.

I could really use some help as I don't know if I am doing something wrong? I have also wondered why so many Uncommon items are showing as ridiculous prices. For example, http://www.wowhead.com/item=7110 shows up as being worth 500G, which seems outrageously priced.

Thanks,
Mortarius
05-10-13, 12:18 PM   #2
Learza
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Sorry can't help you help you with your actual problem but that item is so expansive on a lot of servers because it's interesting for transmog and very annoying to farm.
05-10-13, 04:30 PM   #3
Marthisdil
An Onyxian Warder
www.auctioneeraddon.com - click the forums tab. Get better support there

Good luck!

Marth

05-14-13, 12:57 AM   #4
Phanx
Cat.

The number of times the item has been seen in the auction house doesn't matter. If you're putting Item X up for 10g when there are 1000 other auctions of Item X for 20g, and yours doesn't sell, it's likely none of those 1000 other auctions are selling either. Generally, I don't even bother putting green armor/weapons up for auction unless they look cool (in which case people might want them for transmog) -- I just DE them and sell the dust/essences/shards.

Potions that aren't max-level generally just don't sell, period. Make them to level up, but don't make them to try to sell, because you'll just lose money.

I don't even use Auctioneer, as it's a gigantic bloated mess that does WAY more than I can ever imagine needing. I just use AuctionLite and let it price my auctions based on the other listings for the same item that are in the auction house at the time. I'd say at least 75% of my auctions sell the first time around, but I don't sit around "playing the AH" and trying to make money by buying and selling; I just sell things I happen to pick up.
05-14-13, 09:38 AM   #5
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
The number of times the item has been seen in the auction house doesn't matter. If you're putting Item X up for 10g when there are 1000 other auctions of Item X for 20g, and yours doesn't sell, it's likely none of those 1000 other auctions are selling either. Generally, I don't even bother putting green armor/weapons up for auction unless they look cool (in which case people might want them for transmog) -- I just DE them and sell the dust/essences/shards.

Potions that aren't max-level generally just don't sell, period. Make them to level up, but don't make them to try to sell, because you'll just lose money.

I don't even use Auctioneer, as it's a gigantic bloated mess that does WAY more than I can ever imagine needing. I just use AuctionLite and let it price my auctions based on the other listings for the same item that are in the auction house at the time. I'd say at least 75% of my auctions sell the first time around, but I don't sit around "playing the AH" and trying to make money by buying and selling; I just sell things I happen to pick up.
I use exactly the same method, and I can add that low level items such as the lvl 80 or 85 belt buckle don't sell either. I accidentally bought the wrong type once and I haven't been able to sell it over the vendor price, people just don't care.

The only low level items made through professions that will always sell are Glyphs, as people will always level characters. That is why you see ridiculous prices for some low level glyphs.
05-14-13, 11:05 AM   #6
Mortarius
Premium Member
Premium Member
Thank you very much. I guess I will try out Auctionlite. I have always hated sitting and scanning and how much memory it used though.
05-14-13, 10:22 PM   #7
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by Mortarius View Post
I guess I will try out Auctionlite. I have always hated sitting and scanning and how much memory it used though.
AuctionLite does have a "scan" feature, but I've only ever used it once, since I couldn't see how spending 15+ minutes scanning the entire auction house was at all useful. If I'm selling something now, it only matters how much other people are listing that item for now, not how much it was listed for last week. I can see historical data being useful if I were making a full-time job of buying and selling on the AH, but if you're just selling the stuff you pick up during gameplay and maybe making stuff with your professions to sell, you just don't need that.
05-15-13, 06:14 AM   #8
Mortarius
Premium Member
Premium Member
I agree about only needing to know about the price at the moment. I gave it a try now, and of course about 80% of my auctions sold. Such a good feeling when opening my mailbox this time. Thanks again!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » [Help] Auctioneer Addon