08-17-11, 05:34 AM   #1
Sabon
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Pre-made UI as individual addons

I came across the ElvUI addon configuration, which I know is an extension of TukUI. I am looking to make my own UI based around many of the elements shown in this screenshot.

My question is this, Can someone help point me in the direction for addons which will do what each of the highlighted ones do? I already have some ideas for some of them.

Unit Frames: I currently use STUF Unit Frames and I think it will be able to pull off a close enough look to the ones in the screenshot.

Raid Frames: Same thing, STUF should be able to handle it.

Chat: I currently use Chatter but I'm also familiar with Prat so I assume either of these can handle the config however I need it to be.

Powerbar: I am not familiar with an addon for this so any advice on this one would be appreciated.

Castbar: I will use quartz for this.

ActionBars: Bartender 4 should be great for this

DataText: I am looking for help on finding a DataText addon. I used to use SLDataText but I don't think it's up to date anymore. Any help on finding a good replacement would be awesome.

Omen & Recount: Will just be using these same addons.

Bigwigs: Will just be using DBM as my personal preference

Buffs: I will use Raven

Buffwatcher: Whats a good addon to do this?

That should be about it... Thank you for anyone who read all the way and has some suggestions.

Last edited by Sabon : 08-22-11 at 01:02 PM.
08-17-11, 06:21 AM   #2
Learza
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I can't really help you with addons but just out of curiosity why do you want to recreate the ElvUI look as best as you can instead of using the compilation?

Oh and it's not an edit off SpartanUI but TukUI.
08-17-11, 10:29 AM   #3
Sabon
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Learza View Post
I can't really help you with addons but just out of curiosity why do you want to recreate the ElvUI look as best as you can instead of using the compilation?

Oh and it's not an edit off SpartanUI but TukUI.
You are correct! Will teach me to post too early in the morning lol. My reasoning is I want to have more control over tweaking certain things and adding others. I also like having different profiles for my healer, my dps and my tanking toons to make switching characters easy and unique to each.
08-17-11, 11:14 AM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
UFs & Raid: yes, Stuf can do this. You can even set up that border on each element as it is in your screenshot.

Chat: Yep. You can use those. I suggest Fane for the chat tabs. You'll then need to set up a panel behind them using kgPanels or LitePanels.

Power Bar: I assume that that is the Alternate Power Bar which you get in some boss fights. I don't recall if Stuf can handle this or not, but there are several addons you can pick from.

Castbar: Quartz will work fine, though there are many alternatives as well.

Actionbars: To get the cooldown displayed as a number, I believe you'll need an addon for that (unless BT does that now...) OmniCC is the most popular.

Data Text: Have a look through LDB addons or standalone addons. There's an SLDT fan update if you wish to stick with that, or other addons will do most of what SLDT did. Or you could get a LibDataBroker (LDB) display and plugins for that.

Buffwatcher: I assume that this is to keep buffs up on yourself and others? There are many to choose from. I use Cork. There's also SmartBuff, BuffWatch++, BuffWatcher, etc.

-------------------------

If you want the class timers, there are different choices. Most are in this category, I think.

If you want nameplates, you'll need one of these.

To skin the buttons in Bartender, use Masque (formerly ButtonFacade) or rActionButtonStyler. There are many skins to choose from for each.

To change your fonts, see here.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

08-17-11, 12:11 PM   #5
def9
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
There was a fan update for SLDT found here - http://www.wowinterface.com/download...FANUPDATE.html.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Pre-made UI as individual addons