05-30-09, 06:37 PM   #1
H4nky
A Kobold Labourer
Question Keyboard Friendly "Quick Turn" method.

Hello!

I'm pretty new to WoW, been playing maybe 3 months now. I have noticed that this game is extremely mouse oriented. I came to this game from playing FFXI which is a game that's very keyboard oriented. So please bare with my silly questions.

I noticed that a lot of the times I've been beat in Duels because i can't turn fast enough to see my opponent. My friend showed me how to "Quick turn" using the mouse. But my problem is this. I play on a laptop and the majority of my playtime my laptop is spent on my lap (where it should be =p). Because of this it makes it pretty difficult for me to play this game with an external mouse so i just use the normal static mouse that's installed on my laptop.

I wanted to know if there is a keybinding, or possibly an addon or anything to help me make the game a little more "keyboard" friendly. I'd love to figure out a macro or something that i could hit and make myself turn to my opponent instead of being forced to play on the ground or a table in my room with a mouse. ( i do have a desktop and an external mouse but they're not very convenient for me to use, or else I'd just learn to use them.)

I know that probably coming from you guys it's pretty silly to ask such a question or want such a thing. But for me, my keyboard is the world when it comes to this game, if i can macro it and make my game better, i'll do it, if i can't i usually don't do it that often or i place "clicky" things closer together on my actionbar so i can get to them faster.

Thanks for your time and putting up with my wall-o-text and thanks in advance for any constructive advice to help me! =)
05-30-09, 08:20 PM   #2
Everlu
A Murloc Raider

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Notebook computers are not actually made to be on your lap. Use a desk.

Unfortunately there is no way to create a macro to turn "quickly." You're out of luck unless you hook up your mouse.
05-31-09, 08:31 AM   #3
forty2j
A Cobalt Mageweaver
I've seen a "quick look behind you" macro, but it doesn't actually turn you around.

For limited-space situations, you may want to try an alternative mouse, such as a trackball.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » Keyboard Friendly "Quick Turn" method.