03-25-11, 02:01 AM   #1
ranafuineluva
A Murloc Raider
Wow Minimap and Carbonite minimap

I like the carbonite map a lot. And I would use the minimap over the ingame minimap but I guess tracking only works on the original blizzard map, am i right?

I made the minimap 2 times wider than the original wow map inorder to see the original minimap for tracking and the carbonite map for my taste. But i need the map to follow me also so I click on the "follow me" button. But this centers the map to the middle of the wide frame thus I cannot see what is going on on my west side.

Is there a way to fix this? Or is there a way to see tracking on the carbonite map which would rock

Thanks in advance.

03-25-11, 12:07 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by ranafuineluva View Post
I like the carbonite map a lot. And I would use the minimap over the ingame minimap but I guess tracking only works on the original blizzard map, am i right?

I made the minimap 2 times wider than the original wow map inorder to see the original minimap for tracking and the carbonite map for my taste. But i need the map to follow me also so I click on the "follow me" button. But this centers the map to the middle of the wide frame thus I cannot see what is going on on my west side.

Is there a way to fix this? Or is there a way to see tracking on the carbonite map which would rock

Thanks in advance.
Currently, there is no way to "track" active gathering nodes anywhere except the Blizzard minimap. Any other form of tracking (other than quests) I'm not to sure of, such as for hunters and other classes that track things. All I know is they show up on my Carbonite minimized map, and I do have the maps merged. The only way I see the Blizzard minimap is if I go into a building, cave, instance, take a long flight, or choose a quest that is pretty far away (for some reason, the last two make the minimap come to the top now). If I really feel the need to see the minimap, I just hold the "ctrl" key, and there it is. Here are two (not very good) examples:

Blizz map node: Carbonite map same node:
On the Carbonite map, you can just barely see the blinking node indicator around the Carbonite copper ore icon (and, yes, my minimized map is small).

That being said, I feel the need to clarify something: Carbonite has only one map and it is either maximized (world map sized), or minimized (minimap sized, but not "the minimap"). Blizzard gives us three maps: The "World Map" (the large one), the minimap (which is in the upper right corner of your screen), and the "zone" map (which is sometimes referred to as the "battleground" map).

If you really do not want to have the maps merged, you can un-merge them from the "Map" page of Carbonites options window.

I highly suggest that you go to your "Path to your WoW folder\Interface\AddOns\Carbonite" folder, and open the "CarboniteReadMe" plain text file there. It will explain quite a bit about how to set Carbonite up and what it does.

Last edited by jeffy162 : 03-26-11 at 02:06 PM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Wow Minimap and Carbonite minimap