Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
03-16-15, 01:54 AM   #1
Barleduq
Premium Member

Premium Member
I have over 60 addos - is it worth combining them?

I run WoW on an older machine, and cpu cycles are precious. It takes me a *loooongggg* time for WoW to start up, and moving from zone to zone gets really painful at times. I've asked, before, if having many addons would be a cause of this, and told 'no, I run lots more with no problems'. Still, this is one of the main differences between my husband and I - we're running on the same age machines (both scavenged from his work when there was a hardware upgrade), and his transitions are much faster.

I've been thinking, for a while, about seeing if there are common files - libraries, for example - that are included in multiple addons, and how removing extraneous copies would change any of this behavior. Before I start, tho, I am hoping someone can give me a basic 'yes, it's likely to help' or 'no, you'll break everything' or some other helpful advice about the value of doing this, and possibly pointers to any information that would make it smoother and/or more likely to succeed. No, getting a new machine is not a viable option.

I use my 'favorites' list to keep track of addons I might be interested in, see where they're going when they're not quite useful to me. Addons I am currently using: (Ones I only use on some toons are *)

ACP, All Your Base, Altoholic, Analyst, Archy, Armory, Auctioneer Suite, AutoRepair (from Curse), Awwwww!, BadBoy, BadBoy_CCleaner, BelowAverageItems, BetterTooltips, BIndsWhen, BodyguardFocusAlert*, BOPCraftConfirm, BulkOrder*, Compass, CritterEmote (from Curse), DarkmoonProfessional, DragEmAll, Dresser, Elephant, Engravings, Exonumist, FactionAddict, FishingBuddy, FlightMapEnhanced, GarrisonMissionManager*, Gatherer, GemHelper, GoFish, Grail, GuildRosterButtons, InFlight, KeepingTabs, LagBar, LegacyQuest, LightHeaded, Linkerize, Livestock, MasterPlan*, MerchantFilterButtons, MetaMap, MicroMenu, Overachiever, Pawn, Petleash, Postal, QuestPlates, QuickQuestItem, RangeDisplay, SanityCheck, SilverDragon, SimpleDing, SimpleGold, Squirrels, StoreBeGone, TabardAddict, TinyPad, TomTom, TrackOMatic, TradeSkillDW, TrainAll, Who Framed Watcher Wabbit?, Wholly, Wowhead Garrison Timer*, ZoneAchievementTracker.

Addons I have installed to use sometimes:

AddonUsage, BattlePetAbilityTooltips, CandyBuckets, WarcraftPetsExpress

Yes, I realize that doing this will mean I have to keep track of each addon as I update it.

Advice will be greatly appreciated.

-Barleduq

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » I have over 60 addos - is it worth combining them?