View Poll Results: What do you use and where?
Fubar at the top 13 24.07%
Fubat at both top and bottem 4 7.41%
Fubar at the bottem 1 1.85%
Titanbar at the top 22 40.74%
Titanbat at both top and bottem 2 3.70%
Titanbar at the bottem 0 0%
Other bar (please post) 7 12.96%
None, they all suck 5 9.26%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

08-26-09, 07:08 AM   #21
Imakefood
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
I've always hated those bars with a passion I voted they all suck
08-26-09, 07:56 AM   #22
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Ninja Panel for me, Fubar was my choice prior to April '09 (took a little time off).
08-26-09, 11:43 AM   #23
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Fubar was getting to be a bit of a pain for me, although some of the plugins are better than any broker or titan one's I've found. Or maybe it's just that I'm more used to them.

I tried a couple of broker bar addons - I didn't like them, or maybe I just didn't understand how to use them. Either that, or they threw errors. So I switched back to Titan, which I had used years ago before it became a pain and I switched to Fubar.

I may be wrong (haven't really paid that much attention) but I think the idea is that the brokers (like say a guild member list) just display their pertinent information, and the "where to display it" part is left up to another addon - a bar addon (like Titan). So it sounds like what Scott is asking for is a bar addon that integrates well with nUI. I agree with Silenia as to what such a bar addon (or, for nUI, plugin?) should provide. I'd be happy if Titan did all that.
08-26-09, 11:31 PM   #24
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Chmee View Post
the "where to display it" part is left up to another addon - a bar addon (like Titan).

That's where it got kinda confusing for me at first. For those LDB addons to work with a bar addon you have to have something like Broker2Fubar. That's the addon that gives you the option of "left, center, right" for most of the addons on the bar. Personally I think all the addons that go on the bar should each have a placement option built in their dropdown menus just like the old fubar addons do. With all this newfangled LDB mess you spend more time configuring than you do playing the game. I like the options right at my fingertips instead of having to open the Blizz options window.
08-26-09, 11:46 PM   #25
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

I know Ninjapanel lets you move anything anywhere on the bar, and Fortress gives each addon button its own mini-panel which you can move anywhere on your screen, either singly or all together. Neither of these addons is difficult to configure at all.

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn
08-27-09, 01:34 AM   #26
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

Originally Posted by Silenia View Post
That's where it got kinda confusing for me at first. For those LDB addons to work with a bar addon you have to have something like Broker2Fubar. That's the addon that gives you the option of "left, center, right" for most of the addons on the bar. Personally I think all the addons that go on the bar should each have a placement option built in their dropdown menus just like the old fubar addons do. With all this newfangled LDB mess you spend more time configuring than you do playing the game. I like the options right at my fingertips instead of having to open the Blizz options window.
Actually that is incorrect. Broker2FuBar is only if you wish to use LDB feeds/launchers with FuBar. If you don't use FuBar then Broker2FuBar is useless.

Most LDB bar displays (there are several display "styles", bar being one of them) will allows for the option of left/center/right. Feeds/launchers don't have that built into their tooltips as their placement is controlled by the display and not all displays use bars. Some use "Legoblocks" or other means to display the feed/launcher. Others will display icons or allow you to attach feeds/launchers to your MiniMap.
08-27-09, 03:18 AM   #27
Tristanian
Andúril
Premium Member
Originally Posted by Lykofos View Post
Actually that is incorrect. Broker2FuBar is only if you wish to use LDB feeds/launchers with FuBar. If you don't use FuBar then Broker2FuBar is useless.
On top of this, B2F does not offer any alignment options in itself (in terms of actual code, other than a configuration table perhaps), it is simply setting the necessary attributes, so that FuBar (which contains the relevant code) can handle the actual placement.

Personally I think all the addons that go on the bar should each have a placement option built in their dropdown menus just like the old fubar addons do. With all this newfangled LDB mess you spend more time configuring than you do playing the game. I like the options right at my fingertips instead of having to open the Blizz options window.
Aside from the fact that not all LDB plugins offer dropdown menus, it is a mistake to offer display specific features in such a plugin, since it beats the whole point of said plugin being display agnostic. While I'm not particularly fond of the interface options window myself, I have to admit, it's pretty much the only configuration method that hasn't horribly broken, in one way or another, ever since WoTLK launched (to say the least). Until such time, as Blizzard provides authors with a "clean", redesigned and most of all, taint-free and secure dropdown menu system (where applicable), a lot of authors will just stick with that works, has the least amount of issues and requires little maintenance.
08-27-09, 08:30 AM   #28
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Lykofos View Post
Let me rephrase. "a bar addon" should of been "Fubar". I figured people would know what I meant since the bars name appears in the addon name (Broker2Fubar). I honestly didn't think anyone would pick my sentence apart as I relied on most peoples ability to, so to speak, read between the lines. A simple "did you mean" instead of "that is incorrect" from you would of sufficed.

Last edited by Petrah : 08-27-09 at 08:36 AM.
08-27-09, 08:33 AM   #29
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Tristanian View Post
On top of this, B2F does not offer any alignment options in itself
It doesn't? I must be seeing things.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_082709_072435.jpg
Views:	674
Size:	404.0 KB
ID:	3243  
08-27-09, 03:38 PM   #30
Dramber
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Now, now children. Don't make me turn this car around...

-Napoleon Dynamage
08-27-09, 04:23 PM   #31
Tristanian
Andúril
Premium Member
Originally Posted by Silenia View Post
It doesn't? I must be seeing things.
What you are seeing is an options metatable that has been "injected" into Blizzard's interface options panel and its attributes translated to widgets via AceConfigDialog-3.0. Essentially, B2F is setting FuBar attributes for the plugin, one of which happens to be alignment, then the display addon code (in our case FuBar) handles the task of executing the code to align the plugin(s). If you had quoted all of my sentence and not just quote out of context, this is clarified. Perhaps I should have phrased it differently myself.
08-27-09, 11:02 PM   #32
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Tristanian View Post
What you are seeing is an options metatable that has been "injected" into Blizzard's interface options panel and its attributes translated to widgets via AceConfigDialog-3.0. Essentially, B2F is setting FuBar attributes for the plugin, one of which happens to be alignment, then the display addon code (in our case FuBar) handles the task of executing the code to align the plugin(s). If you had quoted all of my sentence and not just quote out of context, this is clarified. Perhaps I should have phrased it differently myself.
With all due respect, I'm not concerned with how they got there or how they're implemented. I cannot align them on Fubar without going into the B2F options. My main point was that in the beginning when all these LDB's came about, it was confusing.
08-27-09, 11:09 PM   #33
Miralen
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Personally I use Fortress. I used to be a huge Fubar fan but of course originally way back when time began I used titan and it worked pretty good for me but eventually went to fubar and cant remember when I did that. before switching from fubar to fortress there were many other bar mods that i tried including dockinstation, ninja panel and finally back to titan to check it out again but ultimately I settled upon Fortress mainly because I could pull the blocks apart like much like how Legos or their bigger cousin Duplos work. It fit my ui at the time nicely cause I could have all this information in different locations instead of being stuck in a long string at the top or bottom of my screen. Now, however, I have reverted back to my old ways with a string at the bottom of my screen with all that info but I still stick by Fortress as it is pretty easy to set up and let's be honest why switch to something that works for you.

- Winston Churchill

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » General » nUI: Community Chat » What better for you? (Fubar vs Titianbar)