10-18-14, 07:40 PM   #61
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
You can't... they have changed the way some of the API calls work so the current code won't work.

10-18-14, 08:04 PM   #62
BossHawg
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Cool

Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
I'll stick to this thread instead of making a new one...

For those who can't wait until it's done, it was a pleasure. For those who can wait, don't fret, it's not abandoned and will be fixed to work before too long.
you may be filthy rich after its released! :-D

10-18-14, 11:17 PM   #63
Mereinid
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Thank you

Hey Rythal, I wanted to say thank you also. I have been in the game now for almost 11 years now and have used Carbonite religiously, I even bought the original software back before Blizz put a nix on software profits not put out by them.
The holidays are coming and I am going to see to it that you and your lady can go have nice dinner on me and the wife. Keep up the good, be safe in your travels! We'll be here when you get time to square away Carb II.

Luck and Loot,
Janaki, Draenei, 90 Hunter
Anginny, Gnome, 87 Death Knight

10-19-14, 01:36 AM   #64
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Tonights update before I slink off to bed... Progress! If you can call it that *laughs*

I have no errors popping up any longer, and Carbonite itself fully loads... but the maps and guide location icons are all stacked into one small corner. So It still has a small ways to go.

The plus side is that since there's an entire new continent which I haven't added, it's allowing me to fix the code so it continues to work even after patches with new content instead of people waiting for a release just so it'll load.

10-19-14, 02:29 AM   #65
comman
A Kobold Labourer
Thanks for the update rythal...

10-19-14, 07:03 AM   #66
Eternal_Lynx
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Carbonite is just like a drug, once you tried, it's so hard to live without it.
And Rythal is our "cook".

*wink*

10-19-14, 10:38 AM   #67
wezzer24fan
A Kobold Labourer
Thank you

I also want to thank you for all your hard work you put into Carbonite.

10-19-14, 11:37 AM   #68
crazzzzi
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

just wanna chime in and say thanks for bringing this add-on new life. as for the kooks doing all the trolling, isn't there a way to black list them so they can't do their trolling?

10-19-14, 01:10 PM   #69
belladonis85
A Murloc Raider
A big thank you Rythal , you have been awesome since taking over the add-on when it was abandoned. Iv been using carbonite since BC, and since you have taken it over you have done so much work to clean it up and keep it going, it is very much appreciated and I hope amongst getting it working for the rest of us that you have a chance to sit and enjoy the changes and events in-game yourself Thanks again.

10-20-14, 07:27 AM   #70
Blackpsycho
A Defias Bandit
Want say big Thanks too u Rythal. You get a Donate from me for Your Great Work. My English is not the best but i´am very happy when the Update is Finish where did u call us when its rdy to Download ?

10-20-14, 08:00 AM   #71
lilacorn
A Kobold Labourer
Thumbs up Keep up the hard work

Youre doing great! I have been using this plugin for a very long time, 2-3 years maybe? and i love it!

10-20-14, 09:55 AM   #72
beastieboy442
A Fallenroot Satyr

Been using Dugi & Atlas since last Tuesday ... bottom line is that I still really, really miss Carbonite ... and going vanilla is simply outta the question. Thank you sooooooooo much for keeping on with Carbonite, Rythal ... I will wait patiently (cuz it's worth the wait) for the updated version.

And when we encounter folks that wanna be a troll (no pun intended) ... just shine 'em on.

10-20-14, 10:43 AM   #73
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Status Update: (meant to post this last night before bed but internet went out)

The maps are back up and running, and I can see my position in the zone... hovering over other zones shows the information about them.

Still to be fixed before I can release (and this is just base maps, I haven't started looking at any module):
- Overlays are not working yet (as in zone itself is not filled in if i hover over it)
- Zoomed in Detailed Map tiles are not working yet
- Points of interest are not working yet
- Testing battlegrounds and instances to see if they work properly
- Sizing Scale of continent 5 (Maelstrom) is incorrect

10-20-14, 01:41 PM   #74
Rav3n007
A Kobold Labourer
Smile

Thanks Rythal for keeping us updated. Love and miss your Carbonite... will be happy when you've released it. Keep up the awesome work.

10-20-14, 06:15 PM   #75
crazzzzi
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Awesome!!!

10-20-14, 08:29 PM   #76
webbdog88
A Defias Bandit
Thank you Rythal

I just want to thank him for all he is doing to work on carbonite I have been running this addon for years only thing I can not find is a donation page anymore to donate to the cause.

10-20-14, 10:50 PM   #77
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
I've been avoiding the subject on donations and where to make them, both in private messages and in the topics because I didn't want to add fuel to the fire for those who "claim" I keep working on it solo to keep everything to myself.

There is a Donate button on http://www.wowinterface.com/download...Carbonite.html which allows you to do so.

And I just want to say a very heartfelt thank you to those who have already. While I would still be doing this even with no donations at all, each one makes the work done feel worth while to know people are that thankful for it.

10-21-14, 03:04 AM   #78
Raaziel
A Defias Bandit
im glad when it´s done . You make wonderful work. Already in MoP.

10-21-14, 04:38 PM   #79
manwoodsal
A Kobold Labourer
Thank for working on the addon. Love it.. Just wondering. Can we maybe get a working copy or an other alpha version of it. So we can test it and use it in the old lands? I don't much like the wow version of what they give us. Anything you can do to help us and me.

10-21-14, 06:04 PM   #80
Thorchag
A Kobold Labourer
[quote=Gorganite;298330]Well said Rythal. I just wish I was able to help but having no experience of any sort of programming. I just hope that there are some out there that are able to help you. Thanks for all of your hard work that you have done on Carbonite before and in the future.

One way to get rid of the trolls is just to ignore them and not respond. All the genuine people that appreciate Carbonite will support you anyway they can.

Keep up the good work!!![/QUOTE

As a long time player I've used Carbonite, and will continue to use it when it is ready for use again. Everybody thinks it only take a few minutes to reprogram a program. I have a friend that does programming and I've know it to take him several days to a week just to change thing. So everyone relax and let him or her do there thing and when it's done we will have Carbonite back. An THANKS for letting us use your program.

Thorchag

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » WOD/Pre-patch