10-13-10, 04:27 AM   #1
OldHarry
Premium Member
Premium Member
Hating this new patch

So a whole day of down time for a big patch and it messed up every single toon. We lost carbonite and the ingame map just totally sucks. I have yet to see a single improvement. The way they ruined what they did to my low level mage means I may not level it. I mean they took conjure food, conjure water, the port she had, slowfall - took the feathers right out of the bag even. I have never seen Blizz do worse things in a patch.
10-13-10, 04:31 AM   #2
Darxon
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
It isnt Blizz fault that carbonite isnt updated :P
As far as mages go, there are alot of improvments, i think you have missed something ^^
10-13-10, 04:38 AM   #3
Led ++
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You just have to adapt, and that will probably be harder for leveling a new toon.

It's just a matter of time since we're used to the old way of spending talents, when we're getting which skills etc.
10-13-10, 07:14 AM   #4
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I also have a low level mage. You have to go train and learn your new spells. Conjure food/drink stuffs was available for me at the trainer in IF. Get your new portal thingies from your spell book and drag em on to your actionbar. There's two of them, one for portals and one for teleports. They're now dropdown (well, they go up) menu items. A definite improvement in my book because I no longer need an addon for it. And Mirror Image.. omg, I didn't have that before and just this second noticed I have it! Dude.. how can you say all of these changes are bad? It's awesome!

If your feathers are missing then submit a ticket. Mine are there in my bag.

As for Carbonite... did you expect anything less from a semi abandoned addon?

Thus far all of the changes I've seen for all my toons has been great... accept hunters. I dunno what they were thinking there.
10-13-10, 09:32 AM   #5
OldHarry
Premium Member
Premium Member
They changed the level for conjure food, conjure water, slowfall and ports. But why did they go in and actually take items out of bags? A few hours later and I still have more toons to retrain, retalent a see what has changed for them. And lets not mention the serious lag on loading screens.
10-13-10, 09:50 AM   #6
Gandoch
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

You know patch notes have been available for ages, right? Logging in is not required to see what changed, nor should you be surprised by any of said changes.
10-13-10, 09:50 AM   #7
Altarius
A Kobold Labourer
Smile Semi-abandoned?

Patience. I think that the developers have done a great job, and I am sure that with time there will be a new Carbonite. I sure will miss it until it gets here.
10-13-10, 10:02 AM   #8
kasca
A Frostmaul Preserver
I hate it. I need rejem everthing. I dont have any bonses on anyone of my toons. Yes i did before. I ran a random and my dps sucks. The toons i love to play all got screwed. Bliz sucked on this one. They changed way to much.

As for low lvl toons. I got a baby i may also dump. It almost impostable to lvl with the pt system. So what i see now i will NOT be makeing one the new races.
10-13-10, 10:30 AM   #9
sjones321
A Murloc Raider
You guys need to remember that this patch is a precursor to Cataclysm. Having played in the beta for a while now I can assure you leveling a new toon has never been easier. Just because things have changed from what you are used to doesn't mean they don't fit the big picture. Especially saying you wont be making one of the new races is silly as Blizzard had done a ton to make them fun to start.

Just relax and remember that Blizzard is not doing this to piss you off, and that everything will all work out.
10-13-10, 11:15 AM   #10
kasca
A Frostmaul Preserver
Work out. Ya like fury warriors or beast hunters. Bliz dont care. They dont listen to what the players say. They take the easy way out so they can spend our money. There slowly killing a really cool game.
10-13-10, 11:33 AM   #11
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by kasca View Post
Work out. Ya like fury warriors or beast hunters. Bliz dont care. They dont listen to what the players say. They take the easy way out so they can spend our money. There slowly killing a really cool game.
If you want to make a difference then post in the official suggestions forum. Before you claim that this doesn't work, take a look at the completed suggestions that Blizz has implemented already. If enough people suggest a beneficial change for everyone that does not go against the desired outcome of the game, then they will implement that change.

Whining about it here, in trade chat, or anywhere else other than the suggestions forums does nothing but incite irritation for the rest of us.
10-13-10, 11:36 AM   #12
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Actually, I'm a BM hunter, and I'm quite happy with the changes. The talents that I wanted are still there, and the ones that were superfluous are gone for the most part. My dps is better now than pre-patch.

I'm not sure where your nerd-rage is coming from, but if you no longer like the game... well you know.... quit...

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn
10-17-10, 02:02 PM   #13
Tithulta
A Black Drake

As for low lvl toons. It almost impossible to lvl with the pt system. So what i see now i will NOT be making one the new races.
Not really I gained 3 levels today on my fury warrior( also protection since they were nice enough to lower dual spec cost). My80 ret pally dps stinks, but my lvl54 prot pally rocks. I hate the time invested the last 6 year will have to be reLearned since all classes changed to some extent. Sucks, but if your not willing to learn something new then quit.
10-15-10, 03:18 PM   #14
vscott
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by OldHarry View Post
I mean they took conjure food, conjure water, the port she had, slowfall - took the feathers right out of the bag even.
Well i was talking about this part. But if you having lag issues I can feel your concern. But as a downright mage fan I don't think you should give up on them. Give it a bit the game is glitchy on my high end system too. So I am almost sure it is on bliz side. They will fix it......maybe?

Also I have had mats lost from tailoring, leatherworking, and mining. But, no more then 3 hours later I got all my stuff back. So I was pissed. I literally opened a ticket, cussed and fussed while my wife looked at me like a mad man, turned the game off, played imobster on my android, ate some food, watch 2 episodes of house, logged in, and found that my stuff was back with bliz giving me a nice lil note. I will say that was the fastest they ever responded to me.

Last edited by vscott : 10-15-10 at 03:22 PM.
10-15-10, 04:09 PM   #15
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Obviously there is something going on with the patch. However, I don't seem to be affected by this lag everyone else is getting. I do, however, think that half of these people who are experiencing these issues more than likely need to either update their video cards (along with a better CPU), or doing something as simple as getting updated drivers for their system. They did after all make changes to the games graphic engine (the updated water graphics just to name one) and Wow will push your system to the limit.

People bitched about the exact same things when the pre-patch was release for WotLK.... where Blizz did the same thing, updated the games graphic engine. Once everyone updated drivers and/or updated their systems it was all good. I'm not saying there aren't some glitches that Blizz needs to fix. But the fact of the matter is is that not everyone is affected by it.
10-15-10, 04:14 PM   #16
Dawn
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Petrah View Post
Obviously there is something going on with the patch. However, I don't seem to be affected by this lag everyone else is getting. I do, however, think that half of these people who are experiencing these issues more than likely need to either update their video cards (along with a better CPU), or doing something as simple as getting updated drivers for their system. They did after all make changes to the games graphic engine (the updated water graphics just to name one) and Wow will push your system to the limit.

People bitched about the exact same things when the pre-patch was release for WotLK.... where Blizz did the same thing, updated the games graphic engine. Once everyone updated drivers and/or updated their systems it was all good. I'm not saying there aren't some glitches that Blizz needs to fix. But the fact of the matter is is that not everyone is affected by it.
I can't agree more.

I'm hating this patch though, but mainly for bugged nameplates.

"neeh the game wont be remembered as the game who made blizz the most money, it will be remembered as the game who had the most QQ'ers that just couldnt quit the game for some reason..."

10-15-10, 04:33 PM   #17
Minerv
A Black Drake

Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
This! Now u realise how much u've actually used them. ;P
10-15-10, 04:49 PM   #18
OldHarry
Premium Member
Premium Member
I did check for updates for my drivers. I have tried every single "fix" on the wow forum and am not getting enough improvement in game play to make it playable.
10-17-10, 02:35 PM   #19
Darxon
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
I can't agree more.

i read somwhere about the nameplates that this should fix the issue:
/console bloattest 1
/console spreadnameplates 0

dunno if it works, my nameplates worked fine after, but that might have been just luck :P
10-20-10, 03:03 AM   #20
carebear.
Banned

This patch is one of the best yet.

It's finally going to make people use their brain and work together as a team. Tanking is much more fun and you have to take control of your group more so than before.
I re-keybound my 'Skull' 'X' 'Moon' marks and make sure the group know that they have to use single target unless they want to die because of the AOE threat nerf.

Healing is much more enjoyable too. It's slightly harder than it will be in cataclysm because of the lower health pools that we have. But it too makes you need to think more about what you're doing, who you're healing and which spell you're using otherwise you'll run your mana dry.

Overall I say it's about time. People need time to adapt though and they will do so in time. We just need to wait.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » General WoW Chat » Hating this new patch