01-09-18, 05:05 PM   #1
Wolryr
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Question Turn on Personal Resource Display via Script?

Hello.

I was wondering about a way to turn on/off the Personal Resource Display via Scrip or something? To turn that into a macro or an AddOn...

I'm talking about

Been trying to get a scripted way to turn that on and back off w/o having to literally click in there. It'll fix another big issue I'm having with nameplates.

It's all about the standard Blizzard UI, not using another AddOns or anything. I just want to run a script or something that turns on/off that option at least 10 or 15 times and then leave it turned off, but without manually having to click on that 10 or 15 times every time I login or /reload. Doing so, I'll be able to fix a really annoying situacion with Nameplates in WoW (the default ones, no AddOns or anything). My issue in particular gets fixed by clicking the box to turn on and off the Personal Resource Display around 15 times in a row, but all is lost upon login off or reloading the UI. So I'm aiming for a way to automate that process.

Sorry if I'm not being clear enough. It's a really weird thing to ask, I know.

Thank you for your thoughts.

EDIT: Trying with: /run SetCVar("nameplatePersonalShowAlways", 1), or '0', doesn't seem to do anything.

----------------

Last edited by Wolryr : 01-09-18 at 05:38 PM.
01-09-18, 05:32 PM   #2
Fizzlemizz
I did that?

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
/run SetCVar("nameplateShowSelf", 1)
01-09-18, 05:33 PM   #3
Ammako
A Frostmaul Preserver
For what it's worth, SetCVar cannot be called in combat from non-secure code.

Edit: Actually it looks like it's not all CVars, but I know some Nameplate CVars were protected, so you'd have to see if it also affects that particular CVar.
01-09-18, 05:47 PM   #4
Wolryr
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thanks,

Yes, just tried and said CVar cannot be called in combat, will only work if I am not.

Sadly, it won't be doing much to fix my nameplate situation, but thanks for your help though. Seems I have to literally click that option repeatedly from the Interface panel for it to work.

Thanks again.
01-09-18, 05:57 PM   #5
Wolryr
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
This is what I mean, actually: https://youtu.be/KLfypp8Lt24

Clicking that box repeatedly will have an effect on the nameplates as seen, so they will "reset" themselves or something.

That's the behavior I'm trying to recreate without the need of a literal click.

Maybe is there another way to do that?

Sorry.

PD.: That's a great place to test that nameplate glitch, btw in Azsuna.

Last edited by Wolryr : 01-09-18 at 06:04 PM.
01-09-18, 05:59 PM   #6
Fizzlemizz
I did that?

Premium Member
You could move/re-parent the check box to UIParent (also adjusting any other options widgets that use this as an anchor to use something else).

Very naff but how desperate are you?
01-09-18, 06:09 PM   #7
Wolryr
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Fizzlemizz View Post
You could move/re-parent the check box to UIParent (also adjusting any other options widgets that use this as an anchor to use something else).

Very naff but how desperate are you?
Very. VERY desperate. Ammako sort of knows the struggle since this post I made some time ago about this crap I've been experiencing for almost half a year: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAeheTpqats

So, messing like that with the Personal Resource Display kinda "solved" the issue as long as I don't log off, or reload or get into a loading screen, etc.

Anyway, it's been a pain.

Ussing no AddOns whatsoever, btw. And my LUA/coding knowledge is terrible; that's why I always end up here. I'll google about the check box "re-parenting" thing for sure.

Last edited by Wolryr : 01-09-18 at 06:24 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Turn on Personal Resource Display via Script?