11-07-10, 08:49 AM   #4061
Aftermathhqt
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
So, i've said i wanted somthing new, here is somthing new. please leave some feedback chould really use it.

and im looking for some kinda of new font!

11-07-10, 09:42 AM   #4062
Blinky12
A Cliff Giant

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by henrik_s View Post
Something I'm working on:
[IMG]]
This is awesome, very original.

11-07-10, 11:03 AM   #4063
Rostok
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Game92 View Post
So, i've said i wanted somthing new, here is somthing new. please leave some feedback chould really use it.

and im looking for some kinda of new font!
I don't want to be an ass, but, wow you just added one bottom bar and one top bar, incredible?!

And i must say, you whole UI is just way to big. It would be a lot better if your whole screen was not clutered with your round border everywhere.

11-07-10, 02:18 PM   #4064
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

henrik I like it very much!

"I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)

11-07-10, 02:22 PM   #4065
Ither
A Firelord

Originally Posted by Game92 View Post
Your casting bar and timer are not centered on your action bars-- unless you made it that way.

11-07-10, 05:12 PM   #4066
Dawn
A Molten Giant

Update to oUF_Slim with incredible use-full description!11

Kinda boring layout, but I like the functionality of it. For example hide/show unitname/spellname while casting, ...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_110810_013406.jpg
Views:	778
Size:	1.57 MB
ID:	5182  

"neeh the game wont be remembered as the game who made blizz the most money, it will be remembered as the game who had the most QQ'ers that just couldnt quit the game for some reason..."

Last edited by Dawn : 11-07-10 at 07:04 PM. Reason: added raid shot

11-07-10, 08:23 PM   #4067
Oraknathal
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

hey dawn what are using for ur raid frames??

11-07-10, 08:27 PM   #4068
neverg
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Oraknathal View Post
hey dawn what are using for ur raid frames??
I Would assume oUF like the rest of the layout/frames.

11-08-10, 05:38 AM   #4069
carebear.
Banned

Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
Update to oUF_Slim with incredible use-full description!11
I might steal these unit frames from you! Not been on that much the weekend, I went out and now I'm suffering because of it.

This evening I think it's time for a sit down and have a mess around with a new UI.

11-08-10, 11:35 AM   #4070
Dawn
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by carebear. View Post
I might steal these unit frames from you! Not been on that much the weekend, I went out and now I'm suffering because of it.

This evening I think it's time for a sit down and have a mess around with a new UI.
I recommend waiting for r4, it's a little more tweaked.

"neeh the game wont be remembered as the game who made blizz the most money, it will be remembered as the game who had the most QQ'ers that just couldnt quit the game for some reason..."

11-08-10, 04:21 PM   #4071
Oraknathal
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

ca sum 1 help me out with sumthing?
I am wandering how to change the borders of buffs/debuffs on stuf.
I just cant find it.If its thru lua can sum 1 tell me how?

11-08-10, 04:30 PM   #4072
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Oraknathal, I moved your question here: http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...d.php?p=216791 yesterday. This thread is for posting screenshots of UIs and comments about them. If you have a random question about an addon, then please post it in the appropriate location.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

11-08-10, 09:16 PM   #4073
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Oraknathal, I moved your question here: http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...d.php?p=216791 yesterday. This thread is for posting screenshots of UIs and comments about them. If you have a random question about an addon, then please post it in the appropriate location.
... and your question has been answered. =)

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor

11-08-10, 09:31 PM   #4074
Zagrei
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
New UFs! Very TukUI-esque, but oh well Don't know where to put the pet/ToT frames, any suggestions? Soul Shards/HolyPower/Combo Points in the middle. What do ya think?

EDIT: I fixed the height of the HP bars to fit the HP%
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screen shot 2010-11-08 at 11.52.24 PM.jpg
Views:	989
Size:	347.4 KB
ID:	5187  Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2010-11-08 at 11.52.42 PM.jpg
Views:	983
Size:	343.5 KB
ID:	5188  

Last edited by Zagrei : 11-09-10 at 12:20 AM.

11-09-10, 07:12 AM   #4075
haylie
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Originally Posted by henrik_s View Post
Something I'm working on -snip-
Always a fan of your work. Folks, if you wanna get out of the pixel-fonts-and-microscopically-small-stuff bubble while still enjoying the benefits of minimalism, this UI is a good way to start.

11-09-10, 07:47 AM   #4076
Led ++
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by haylie View Post
Always a fan of your work. Folks, if you wanna get out of the pixel-fonts-and-microscopically-small-stuff bubble while still enjoying the benefits of minimalism, this UI is a good way to start.
Pleeeaaaaassee do buy gametime again. I would love to see anything non pixel-fonts-and-microscopically-small-stuff coming from you. I really love Hneriks UI, as I loved his former 2 ui's or so (http://www.wowuigallery.com/topic/emeral-ui-1 and http://www.wowuigallery.com/topic/korda-ui).

Judging from the LAST screenshot, is the UI actually anything special? Imo no. Does it look good, or is it any good? Hell yes. He uses a rounded texture and makes sure every element has the same rounded background texture. The font is still a pixelfont as far as I can see. Now replace the rounded texture with a texture seen in most UI's, and make the rounded background a pixelborder and you get an almost everyday UI.

I certainly hope you don't take this as bad criticism Henrik, cause I truly am a fan. I just disagree with Haylie

11-09-10, 08:37 AM   #4077
Wimpface
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by haylie View Post
I'm not sure why, but you seem to think that nobody who's doing pixelfont UIs have ever done anything else?
I started out doing UIs with 'regular' fonts. I still remember some of Sylv's UIs from several years back using 'regular' fonts. I remember the old LynUI, and I know the new ones, that happen to use 'regular' fonts.

I just personally feel that pixelfonts look better, and I'm used to them. I tried doing one with regular fonts a few weeks back but I fell back to pixel. Why change something that works? I'm very happy with the UI I'm currently using. It's very minimalistic and looks very nice while still being very functional. Thanks again Sylv.
Ofcourse that's just my opinion though.

But, if you don't mind me asking, why do you hate on the pixelfonts? You used them too for quite some time, if I'm not mistaken?

11-09-10, 09:08 AM   #4078
haylie
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
Pleeeaaaaassee do buy gametime again. I would love to see anything non pixel-fonts-and-microscopically-small-stuff coming from you.
Funny you mention that. I'm currently studying a topic in school that I think could be applied to the WoW UI with a little adaptation. More on that later.

Judging from the LAST screenshot, is the UI actually anything special? Imo no.
Okay, then what would be "special" enough for you? More pixel stuff? Everyone's doing it now that it's become the norm. Artistic stuff? You then complain that it serves no purpose in a UI. What does a UI need to be "special" for you? To be one of your own?

I hope you don't take this the wrong way. I admire your work and you've helped shape the tastes and design principles of the current UI scene into putting functionality and minimalism above all else. But face it. You're stuck in a rut. You apparently have nothing new to bring to the community. Just the same pixel stuff, with different colors and unit frames to the left instead of the right or whatever minor changes you make that constitute a new UI in your eyes.

Again, don't take it as a personal attack. I'd probably recycle the same ideas if I were back in the game, which is one of the reasons why I quit. I accepted the fact that I had nothing new to bring, so I stopped.

Note that I'm not advocating anyone to do the same.

Does it look good, or is it any good? Hell yes. He uses a rounded texture and makes sure every element has the same rounded background texture. The font is still a pixelfont as far as I can see. Now replace the rounded texture with a texture seen in most UI's, and make the rounded background a pixelborder and you get an almost everyday UI.
No you don't. Your "everyday UI" nowadays means either the generic-class colored-small-unitframes-pixel-fonts or the Tuk ripoffs. Even if you put pixel borders and class colors on it, it will not resemble either of those two. It would be a simple, minimalist UI without the "small pixel font" and "lua-only" prejudices usually associated with that word and which spoiled minimalism for so many people.

I just disagree with Haylie
You disagree with me on what? That it's a good exercise in minimalism? That it's a good UI? That it's different from most UIs currently being posted?

Originally Posted by Wimpface View Post
I'm not sure why, but you seem to think that nobody who's doing pixelfont UIs have ever done anything else?
I'm not forgetting that. It's just that nobody is doing anything else NOW.

I just personally feel that pixelfonts look better, and I'm used to them.
Fine by me. Thing is, everyone seems to like pixel fonts these days. They are fine, great even. Just stop posting the same UI everywhere, all the time. If it's the "perfect" UI and you can't do any better, why do people keep making minor changes and post it again? It's almost starting to look like an addiction or something.

But, if you don't mind me asking, why do you hate on the pixelfonts? You used them too for quite some time, if I'm not mistaken?
I don't hate pixel fonts. I don't like the fact that they are overused and they spoil the notion of "minimalism".

Last edited by haylie : 11-09-10 at 09:19 AM.

11-09-10, 09:14 AM   #4079
blkdrgn
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

Shameless bump /repost

I was looking for some feedback on the new look of my ui. But I got lost in some conversation a few pages back=(

LOL, Anyway, went a different route with textures, added a new font, and changed a few other minor things. Still far from complete but it is getting there.

As always I look forward to the great feedback
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Raid Screeny.jpg
Views:	701
Size:	863.4 KB
ID:	5192  
Missconstrew 80 Mage
-Many other lower level alts=)

11-09-10, 09:58 AM   #4080
Led ++
A Frostmaul Preserver

I'm currently studying a topic in school that I think could be applied to the WoW UI with a little adaptation. More on that later.
I certainly hope so.
Okay, then what would be "special" enough for you?
Quite simple, something new. First example that pops up in my mind is using your powerbar as a sort of natural border for your UF's. The guy who came up with the idea of making a square minimap, Nin with his oUF layout etc. Things like that.
You're stuck in a rut.
Yep, tho I think that my design philosophy (and thus most of my UI's) works excellent for me. It's like you said "putting functionality and minimalism above all else", which makes my rut a lot more satisfying then most UI's I see.
Even if you put pixel borders and class colors on it, it will not resemble either of those two. It would be a simple, minimalist UI without the "small pixel font" and "lua-only" prejudices usually associated with that word and which spoiled minimalism for so many people.
So what actually is the thing you find so special about his UI? For me it's just one of the best minimalist UI's and Henrik is able due to his coding experience to give the whole UI one general theme. It looks nice, it probably plays nice.
That it's different from most UIs currently being posted?
This basically.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion » Screen Shots of your UI...