06-27-11, 12:52 PM   #481
anseloth
Coding Archmage

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Cromm View Post

...Is there a guide that I missed somewhere...maybe one that contains small words for guys like me that need somethings broken down barney style?
yeah, the main download page for Macaroon has links to an FAQ.

i'll give you the link, here too, if it helps.
http://www.wowinterface.com/portal.php?id=221&a=faq

Last edited by anseloth : 06-27-11 at 02:14 PM. Reason: wrong link. oops.

06-27-11, 01:19 PM   #482
Cromm
A Murloc Raider
In that case...

I still have a problem: it wont let me type anything in the macro box. I assume that the text box looking area just below the icon/name box is for typing in the macros and if I click there (before/after attempting to change the icon, it doesnt matter) no cursor, no text when I type, nadda. What else am I missing?

Steps I take:
open the config window
"create new bar"
"edit buttons"
<click macro text space> nothing
most buttons work, though
general/advanced tab works, but there's nothing I can do with any of the buttons as they all have nothing but "..." and a tooltip that says "use the new arrows..." which dont pop up when I click there.

completely lost here.

06-28-11, 05:58 AM   #483
Dwargh
A Theradrim Guardian

I still have a problem: it wont let me type anything in the macro box. I assume that the text box looking area just below the icon/name box is for typing in the macros and if I click there (before/after attempting to change the icon, it doesnt matter) no cursor, no text when I type, nadda. What else am I missing?

Steps I take:
open the config window
"create new bar"
"edit buttons"
<click macro text space> nothing
most buttons work, though
general/advanced tab works, but there's nothing I can do with any of the buttons as they all have nothing but "..." and a tooltip that says "use the new arrows..." which dont pop up when I click there.

completely lost here.
Ah, I see now where you missed something.
See after creating a bar and before editing a button you will have to add buttons to the bar in question.
Can't edit what's not there, silly enough. :-P

And here's how:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn9pn...tailpage#t=28s

06-28-11, 04:48 PM   #484
Cromm
A Murloc Raider
Awesome....now what?

Ok, so I've gotten that part fixed, thank you. One of the things I'm looking for is 'smarter' buttons.

Example: Obliterate and Frost Strike. Ob uses runes while FS uses runic power. Is there a way to prioritize Ob over FS if the runes are available?

I was thinking something like /script if Obliterate=ready, /cast Obliterate; else /cast Frost Strike; end;

I dont know what the "ready" would actually be, but what ever that is, would this work? I'm still pressing the button, but instead of filling my hotkeys with a lot of different links, I'm only pressing one for this.

06-29-11, 12:32 AM   #485
Dwargh
A Theradrim Guardian

Ok, so I've gotten that part fixed, thank you. One of the things I'm looking for is 'smarter' buttons.

Example: Obliterate and Frost Strike. Ob uses runes while FS uses runic power. Is there a way to prioritize Ob over FS if the runes are available?

I was thinking something like /script if Obliterate=ready, /cast Obliterate; else /cast Frost Strike; end;

I dont know what the "ready" would actually be, but what ever that is, would this work? I'm still pressing the button, but instead of filling my hotkeys with a lot of different links, I'm only pressing one for this.
I don't know about the script part. When you use /skript you go into lua code and ordinary macro commands wont work in lua. There used to be a way to cast spells using script but as it could be used to automate playong more or less it's been made unusable.

And making it macro wise i dont know how either. Check out wowwiki and ask around ingame or something. Or hope someone else here have an idea.

06-29-11, 12:08 PM   #486
Cromm
A Murloc Raider
It doesnt need to be /script, I'm just looking for a way to lower the number of buttons used. I've tried /cast and that only casts the first spell that uses the GCD, and I've tried /castsequence, but that will eventually muck up because the next item on the list isnt ready yet because of the resource being depleted. There has to be a way to recognize if the resource is ready and to set that ability as 'ready' and have it be next.

Thank you for the help you've given me so far!

Last edited by Cromm : 06-29-11 at 12:10 PM. Reason: retardedly forgot to thank you all!!

07-09-11, 04:16 PM   #487
Barnaby B. Barclay
A Murloc Raider

Problems with my Mage and Macaroon

Since 4.1 I have been unable to use my Mage's Frost Orb spell on my action bar with Macaroon. Clicking on it in the spellbook works just fine but the macro on my bar that I was using prior to 4.1 no longer works, and even dragging the spell from my spellbook to an empty spot on my bar won't work (it won't let me drop the spell there) I was hoping it'd be fixed in the most recent version, but I just got a chance to test it today and it's still broken.

07-19-11, 11:01 AM   #488
Třasty
A Murloc Raider
Exclamation Boss Spells, How to?

Firstly I'd like to thank those that are maintaining this in Maul's absence. So, Thank a bunch!

I have been using Macaroon for awhile now but I have not been able to figure out how to solve this problem I have been having. It's near impossible to test (with my limited knowledge anyhow) before actually needing to see if it works or not. So I have just been enabling the stock Blizzard Action Bar via the Interface frame so that I can access these buttons.

Basically my issue is this:
During some Boss fights (think Heroic Nefarian) your action bars (if using the Blizzard default) will change during a special event. For example on the Nef encounter when you get Dominion cast on you, your bars will change to only being able to cast Stolen Power and Free Your Mind.

How would I go about enabling my current bars/buttons to allow me to use these new abilities without having to show the Blizzard Action Bar?

07-19-11, 11:20 AM   #489
anseloth
Coding Archmage

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Třasty View Post
Firstly I'd like to thank those that are maintaining this in Maul's absence. So, Thank a bunch!

I have been using Macaroon for awhile now but I have not been able to figure out how to solve this problem I have been having. It's near impossible to test (with my limited knowledge anyhow) before actually needing to see if it works or not. So I have just been enabling the stock Blizzard Action Bar via the Interface frame so that I can access these buttons.

Basically my issue is this:
During some Boss fights (think Heroic Nefarian) your action bars (if using the Blizzard default) will change during a special event. For example on the Nef encounter when you get Dominion cast on you, your bars will change to only being able to cast Stolen Power and Free Your Mind.

How would I go about enabling my current bars/buttons to allow me to use these new abilities without having to show the Blizzard Action Bar?
what you are asking for sounds a LOT like a Possess/Vehicle/Control Bar. there is a section in the Maul's Kitchen! : FAQ that tells how to set them up. (except, well, it only explains it for possess bars; to set up a vehicle bar, just follow the steps for a possess bar, but use the vehicle option wherever it says "possess".) here's a link to that section: http://www.wowinterface.com/portal.php?id=221&a=faq&faqid=351

oh and, if you want to test your new Possess/Vehicle/Control Bar out, i'd suggest going to the Argent Tournament Grounds in Icecrown, and mounting up on one of their combat mounts. those mounts provide an easy and safe test for these bars.

but, if a possess/vehicle/control bar wasn't what you are asking for, then is there any chance we could get a different example of your actionbars changing, namely, one that doesn't require being in the raid team of a high-end raiding guild? (using the LFG interface to do 5 man ZG/ZA heroics is the height of my regular "raiding" schedule.)

Last edited by anseloth : 07-19-11 at 11:31 AM. Reason: typos. lotsa tyops.

07-19-11, 02:04 PM   #490
Třasty
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by anseloth View Post
what you are asking for sounds a LOT like a Possess/Vehicle/Control Bar.
Thanks for the info. I'll set it up and test it out later this week and post my results.

[Edit]
if a possess/vehicle/control bar wasn't what you are asking for, then is there any chance we could get a different example of your actionbars changing,
Well the only thing I can think of now would be Blood Queen Lana'thel from Icecrown Citadel in Wrath, and the whole Vampire bite mechanic. During this encounter the Blood Queen would select out a person and bite him/her giving them a buff increasing their damage and reducing their threat. After a short time that person would become a "vampire" and the main action bar would change to display only one button. A "bite" action in which the affected "vampire" would have a few seconds to select another player in the raid and "bite" him/her to pass on the "vampire buff".

Also does anyone use TukUI or ElvUI with Macaroon? I have a bit of a question if so.

[edit]
It appears that others have had the same issue with the TuKUI/ElvUI action bar, as in trying to replace it with the Macaroon bars. I'll continue to search for a fix but if any have any information that could shorten my search for a fix I'd be much appreciative.

Last edited by Třasty : 07-19-11 at 02:30 PM. Reason: additional information

07-19-11, 03:12 PM   #491
anseloth
Coding Archmage

Originally Posted by Třasty View Post
Thanks for the info. I'll set it up and test it out later this week and post my results.

[Edit]

Well the only thing I can think of now would be Blood Queen Lana'thel from Icecrown Citadel in Wrath, and the whole Vampire bite mechanic. During this encounter the Blood Queen would select out a person and bite him/her giving them a buff increasing their damage and reducing their threat. After a short time that person would become a "vampire" and the main action bar would change to display only one button. A "bite" action in which the affected "vampire" would have a few seconds to select another player in the raid and "bite" him/her to pass on the "vampire buff".

Also does anyone use TukUI or ElvUI with Macaroon? I have a bit of a question if so.

[edit]
It appears that others have had the same issue with the TuKUI/ElvUI action bar, as in trying to replace it with the Macaroon bars. I'll continue to search for a fix but if any have any information that could shorten my search for a fix I'd be much appreciative.
again, i suggest you try the Argent Tournament Mounts (in the northeast corner of Icecrown), as they SHOULD require the same bar setup as those boss fights, but without having to be in combat first.

07-20-11, 04:21 PM   #492
Xiaofeng
A Defias Bandit
Cooldown timer text not showing up

I tried to read through posts to see if this issue had already been solved, but couldn't find anything on it.

Some of my buttons are not showing the cooldown text. Particularly with my PvP trinket or even some abilities on my prot warrior. Any idea how to fix this?

I've gone in to the edit button tab and made sure cooldown text is turned on etc. but it doesn't seem to help. Also, some cooldowns work, but others don't

Thanks for the help!

07-20-11, 08:38 PM   #493
Hathrin
A Defias Bandit
Vehicle Buttons

Hey, I tried skimming through the forum but didn't really see anything that helped, so please forgive me if this has already been answered. For the life of me I can't figure out how to have a Vehicle bar, and have the buttons show up. Leveling a DK, there's a lot of things that involve using vehicles and such and I just don't know how to have a bar for the Vehicle.

I created a bar and checked the Vehicle option, but all it is is just another bar. /: Please help. I love this addon, I just can't seem to figure this out. Thank you!

07-21-11, 08:55 AM   #494
Třasty
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Hathrin View Post
Hey, I tried skimming through the forum but didn't really see anything that helped, so please forgive me if this has already been answered. For the life of me I can't figure out how to have a Vehicle bar, and have the buttons show up. Leveling a DK, there's a lot of things that involve using vehicles and such and I just don't know how to have a bar for the Vehicle.

I created a bar and checked the Vehicle option, but all it is is just another bar. /: Please help. I love this addon, I just can't seem to figure this out. Thank you!
After creating the vehicle bar did you add buttons to it? If you did, ensure that the buttons are using the ActionID identifier so the buttons will fill with the appropriate action items. You should be able to mouse click on the buttons to change between the Macro, ActionID (ect.) identifier.

Last edited by Třasty : 07-21-11 at 09:00 AM.

07-21-11, 08:58 AM   #495
Třasty
A Murloc Raider
again, i suggest you try the Argent Tournament Mounts (in the northeast corner of Icecrown), as they SHOULD require the same bar setup as those boss fights, but without having to be in combat first.
The possess option worked perfectly ty. I, for some reason, kept overlooking that check option.

Additionally I still have not been able to find a workaround for replacing the ElvUI action bar with Macaroon. I can disable the ElvUI action bar and it will default to showing the stock Blizzard action bar. On the main options page of Macaroon there is an option to "hide/show the Blizzard main action bar" but with ElvUI enabled, this option and the vehicle bar show/hide option are grayed out and are not selectable.

Yes I have been through the ElvUI forums trying to diagnose a workaround but so far have come up short.

There was one post in the TukUI (parent of ElvUI) forum (from over 7 months ago) stating that using an earlier outdated version of Macaroon would allow the selection box (hide/show Blizzard main action bar) to not be grayed out. But this was a fix for TukUI. This post also linked a help/bug ticket to Macaroon.

Last edited by Třasty : 07-21-11 at 09:24 AM.

07-24-11, 10:11 AM   #496
Azelphur
A Murloc Raider
tl;dr is there any way to use a keybinding to have bars "page" without using the blizzard page system

Long version:

Hi, Got a particularly complicated setup I'd like some help with

I have a keyboard, the Logitech G19. For all that havn't heard of it, it's a keyboard with a 12 extra bindable keys (G1 through G12)

This keyboard also has 3 "M-Keys" which are used to cycle through 3 pages of G-Keys.

I currently have a button bar in macaroon laid out in the same way as my keyboards extra macro keys (a 2x6 grid) and I have the keyboards M-keys changing the WoW Action bar page, so that my macaroon bar changes too. This works fine

The problem comes in now that I've bought a G13, which provides the exact same thing (apart from 22 G-keys rather than 12) so I now have 2 sets of G-Keys, each with 3 M-Key pages. So I can't use my current method of changing the blizzard page, as I need to be on 2 separate pages for 2 separate bars at the same time.

It'd be nice if I could use a macro/command to tell a specific bar to change page, as I could just bind said macro to the M-Keys, and all would be good. Not sure if this is possible though.

Any help/suggestions appreciated. Thanks!

07-24-11, 02:43 PM   #497
Azelphur
A Murloc Raider
A command to set a bars page would be very good for my issue, for example
/macaroon setpage "Bar 1" 2

07-24-11, 04:45 PM   #498
anseloth
Coding Archmage

Originally Posted by Azelphur View Post
tl;dr is there any way to use a keybinding to have bars "page" without using the blizzard page system

Long version:

Hi, Got a particularly complicated setup I'd like some help with

I have a keyboard, the Logitech G19. For all that havn't heard of it, it's a keyboard with a 12 extra bindable keys (G1 through G12)

This keyboard also has 3 "M-Keys" which are used to cycle through 3 pages of G-Keys.

I currently have a button bar in macaroon laid out in the same way as my keyboards extra macro keys (a 2x6 grid) and I have the keyboards M-keys changing the WoW Action bar page, so that my macaroon bar changes too. This works fine

The problem comes in now that I've bought a G13, which provides the exact same thing (apart from 22 G-keys rather than 12) so I now have 2 sets of G-Keys, each with 3 M-Key pages. So I can't use my current method of changing the blizzard page, as I need to be on 2 separate pages for 2 separate bars at the same time.

It'd be nice if I could use a macro/command to tell a specific bar to change page, as I could just bind said macro to the M-Keys, and all would be good. Not sure if this is possible though.

Any help/suggestions appreciated. Thanks!
setting up the Macaroon-style paged actionbars is a lot easier than it sounds. just make a bar that has the shape and number of buttons you want, and then go into the bar editor.

in the bar editor, you just hit the "Paged Bar" radio button. (slightly right of dead center of the bar editor.) then, just switch states using the "Curr State" option, and add buttons as needed to each state.

think of each state as a different page of the Macaroon's version of the paged bars Blizzard uses.

[edit]
that's the basics, i'll post an explanation of the more advanced stuff later. for now, i gotta go shopping.[/edit]

Last edited by anseloth : 07-24-11 at 04:49 PM.

07-24-11, 05:56 PM   #499
Azelphur
A Murloc Raider
setting up the Macaroon-style paged actionbars is a lot easier than it sounds. just make a bar that has the shape and number of buttons you want, and then go into the bar editor.

in the bar editor, you just hit the "Paged Bar" radio button. (slightly right of dead center of the bar editor.) then, just switch states using the "Curr State" option, and add buttons as needed to each state.

think of each state as a different page of the Macaroon's version of the paged bars Blizzard uses.

[edit]
that's the basics, i'll post an explanation of the more advanced stuff later. for now, i gotta go shopping.[/edit]
I know, as I said in my post I already have this working. The problem is I have 2 bars that need to be on 2 different pages at the same time. Since the 2 keyboards arn't always on the same M-Key page. So I need to be able to change the page with a keybind on a per-bar basis.

Update: been trying to patch Macaroon to support this, turns out the command idea is flawed since you can't have /commands executed securely, sounds like I need a way to bind a key to change a specific macaroon bars page.

Last edited by Azelphur : 07-24-11 at 06:12 PM.

07-25-11, 12:11 AM   #500
anseloth
Coding Archmage

Originally Posted by Azelphur View Post
I know, as I said in my post I already have this working. The problem is I have 2 bars that need to be on 2 different pages at the same time. Since the 2 keyboards arn't always on the same M-Key page. So I need to be able to change the page with a keybind on a per-bar basis.

Update: been trying to patch Macaroon to support this, turns out the command idea is flawed since you can't have /commands executed securely, sounds like I need a way to bind a key to change a specific macaroon bars page.
well, below is a link to a part of the official Macaroon FAQ, that sounds like it might have at least SOME of the info you want.

I like really, really, really complex bars. How do you do this in Macaroon?

(and yes, that really is the name of the page.)

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Ion Engines, Engage! » Macaroon Official Thread