04-11-08, 07:38 AM   #1
Arkive
A Cobalt Mageweaver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Mazzle-inspiried compilation (with in-game setup) - Widescreen only atm

I was a VERY long time user of Mazzle and these forums. When 2.2 and bugs plagued it, I made the leap to create my own compilation. It is by no means the elegant masterpiece Mazzle is, but my wife, friends and I were all long-time users and we all found my compilation to be true to the look and feel of Mazzle. It does however bring 25-man centric raid layouts and well-maintained mods (i.e. Pitbull unit frames) to the table.

The only real caveat it has is that it is only configured for widescreen (1.6 aspect ratio) atm.

I just updated it for 2.4. I refrained from posting in here when I originally released it last year because Mazzle still had user-supplied updates coming regularly. Now that I see a lot of "What can I do now?" posts, I figured it was ok to at least offer this up to folks.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...idescreen.html

Enjoy...
04-12-08, 03:18 PM   #2
Egin
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Interesting.. Nice Layout in the screenshots.. Soon as you get a regular display set up I will try this..

Going to watch this one with interest..

Keep up the good work!

~Egin
04-12-08, 05:58 PM   #3
Trith
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Yeah, I really like this UI. Too bad wouldn't work for me right yet. Hope to see that changed soon.
04-12-08, 06:06 PM   #4
Molagmal
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I had the same problem trying to install you addon, for me it would just be temporal untill mazzle is updated,

I'll just use the normal UI untill than I think
04-12-08, 10:23 PM   #5
Trith
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I love honestly, just sucks only works with the widescreen atm, hope you update it for all I would love to be able to use it perm.
04-13-08, 08:21 AM   #6
Microdia
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Will use once you have a normal display. I've always wanted a mazzle's style interface witht he hotbars that I could fully customize myself with little or no no-how on UI designs, this is it!
04-13-08, 08:52 AM   #7
joypunk
A Scalebane Royal Guard
Originally Posted by Microdia View Post
I've always wanted a mazzle's style interface witht he hotbars that I could fully customize myself with little or no no-how on UI designs, this is it!
Use the "Basic" layouts.
04-13-08, 10:03 AM   #8
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Too bad you don't offer it for 1280x1024 /heavy sigh
04-13-08, 10:04 AM   #9
Arkive
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Originally Posted by Silenia View Post
Too bad you don't offer it for 1280x1024 /heavy sigh
There seems to be enough interest that I'll probably start work on that this week and see how it goes.
04-13-08, 10:26 AM   #10
Wolfang
A Theradrim Guardian
Can you add the same 3d models that Mazzle UI has and with DUF? IF you do it's just what I and probably many are seeking...a MazzleUI that is easier to debug/troubleshoot

W
04-13-08, 10:30 AM   #11
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Arkive View Post
There seems to be enough interest that I'll probably start work on that this week and see how it goes.

Thanks!
04-13-08, 12:08 PM   #12
Smirge
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
I have installed this UI - just to try it out, nad after running WAU i STILL have 0 errors in bugsack.

I have however added a few addons i cannot live without

Wim - http://www.wimaddon.com - Get your whispers in a MSN like interface
GEM - http://christophe.calmejane.free.fr/wow/gem/ - Sign up for raids - somehow i cant get this minimap icon set correctly ? it is flowing in a mysterious place - please advise ?

Auctioneer - http://www.auctioneeraddon.com - a MUST have for anyone using the AH every day - but it's heavy on the load

GoGo Mount - Get mounted easily - and i removed the mounts from autobar

I removed Fence(also did that in MazzleUI as it cause mere more headache than it solved)

Other than that it is a very promising interface! Easy to setup up, and even though i remapped most of my attacks and spells(i play a hunter) it is very usable from the getgo.

GIT-R-DONE!!

/Smirge
04-13-08, 04:51 PM   #13
Trith
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Arkive View Post

Sweet, I personally can't wait.
04-13-08, 04:56 PM   #14
Arkive
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Originally Posted by Wolfang View Post
Can you add the same 3d models that Mazzle UI has and with DUF? IF you do it's just what I and probably many are seeking...a MazzleUI that is easier to debug/troubleshoot

W
Eh, I toyed with the 3D models in ArcHUD when I was using that and achieved a similar effect. But really, I found it wasted too much space. I also wasn't motivated enough to figure out how to get the eepanels to properly encapsulate the target unit frame and buffs when targeted.
04-13-08, 07:16 PM   #15
Martinus
An Aku'mai Servant
Maybe i'm doing something wrong, but do your /arkiveui command also create a basic spells bars? Or we have to do our bars manually?

Mart
04-14-08, 05:22 AM   #16
Arkive
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Originally Posted by Martinus View Post
Maybe i'm doing something wrong, but do your /arkiveui command also create a basic spells bars? Or we have to do our bars manually?

Mart
A basic button layout is provided, but you have place the spells/abilities into the buttons you want them in.
04-14-08, 05:35 AM   #17
Arkive
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Smirge,

You should be able to unlock the buttons by using "/dmbs unlock", move it into place, then use "/dmbs lock" to relock it.

Also, to all posters in here, please direct questions to the comments section of the UI itself, not here. It wasn't my intention to support this from the Mazzle forum (nor Mazzle's I'm thinking)
04-14-08, 03:45 PM   #18
Warrior_God
A Defias Bandit
Do you have an ETA on when you will have a non-widescreen version completed?
04-14-08, 05:49 PM   #19
Eas
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

if you could provide the 3-d models as an option or something, i would love you. i used Da Portrait for awhile, but i didnt know it was taken from mazzle's UI so im out of luck now.
04-14-08, 06:56 PM   #20
Arkive
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Originally Posted by Eas View Post
if you could provide the 3-d models as an option or something, i would love you. i used Da Portrait for awhile, but i didnt know it was taken from mazzle's UI so im out of luck now.
It's not going to happen. I find them to be something that's cool to look at, but it takes space away from something that could otherwise be providing useful information, or just more screen space to see the environment. I would definitely encourage you to maybe try a HUD replacement like ArcHUD which has them as an option (and allows all the necessary offsets to place them whereever you like).

Waarior_God,

No idea, maybe a week, maybe two months. Maybe never :P

Everyone else,

Please direct comments and inquiries to the UI comments section:
http://www.wowinterface.com/download....html#comments

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Mazzle-inspiried compilation (with in-game setup) - Widescreen only atm