04-03-09, 01:50 PM   #1
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Notes for Authors

Just wanted to make you guys aware of a couple things:

First, we have reset the "this file works with" flag to now show for the upcoming 3.1 content patch.

Second, we have updated the Upload/Update Rules and Disclaimer to include two new lines:
1) Under the "Additional Compilations Rules" we have added
  • If the WTF is included, all personal information must be changed to generic terms.
2) Under the Disclaimer we have added
04-04-09, 08:07 AM   #2
PerfectH
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
[*] If the WTF is included, all personal information must be changed to generic terms.
I don't quite understand what this means. Because I thought we were suppose to do this before?

Are you referring to AddOn profiles and such including server name and characters? Or are you referring to the Config.wtf?
04-04-09, 10:12 AM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
You were supposed to do this before, but it didn't spell it out clearly in the rules.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

04-04-09, 01:14 PM   #4
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by PerfectH View Post
I don't quite understand what this means. Because I thought we were suppose to do this before?

Are you referring to AddOn profiles and such including server name and characters? Or are you referring to the Config.wtf?
Both. Any personal information you have (Account name, server, character) needs to be changed to generic terms. A lot of people forget to change that information. We always put those ones on hold until the compilation creator changes the terms and send them a PM reminding them. Adding it to the "rules" is just another way to remind people.
04-04-09, 02:39 PM   #5
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I have updated my guide, "Packaging up your UI to share with others." to reflect these changes.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » News » Notes for Authors