04-29-20, 11:56 PM   #81
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by drmchld View Post
For some reason my minimap and map icons only appear when I am moving. Quest icons, tracking of nodes, vendors, trainers etc.

Any ideas?
Disable all other addons try only with Carbonite + Modules enabled, it might be incompatibilty with other addon.
04-30-20, 08:35 PM   #82
drmchld
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by ircdirk View Post
Disable all other addons try only with Carbonite + Modules enabled, it might be incompatibilty with other addon.
Samething occurs. All addons disabled except for the carbonite ones.

It's had me stumped for a while now. Now error messages or anything
05-03-20, 12:31 PM   #83
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

Samething occurs. All addons disabled except for the carbonite ones.

It's had me stumped for a while now. Now error messages or anything
Just tested on Classic, no problems on my side.
05-03-20, 07:59 PM   #84
drmchld
A Murloc Raider
Just tested on Classic, no problems on my side.
I am not the only person having this problem. I did a google search and the problem existed prior to classic, just no posts on how it was resolved, or if it was resolved.
05-03-20, 10:41 PM   #85
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

I am not the only person having this problem. I did a google search and the problem existed prior to classic, just no posts on how it was resolved, or if it was resolved.
No one else is reporting this right now. No such problem on Classic or Retail.
05-03-20, 11:39 PM   #86
drmchld
A Murloc Raider
No one else is reporting this right now. No such problem on Classic or Retail.
Was reported on your Github last year, no resolution. Seems to be a rare but still occurring since I am reporting it

https://github.com/IrcDirk/Carbonite-Classic/issues/81

From 2018...
https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addon...te?comment=959
05-03-20, 11:53 PM   #87
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

Was reported on your Github last year, no resolution. Seems to be a rare but still occurring since I am reporting it

https://github.com/IrcDirk/Carbonite-Classic/issues/81
Not related since u didnt mentioned anything about HandyNotes and you said you checked this with all addons disabled.

Thats about world quest (that are not in Classic) and when they somethimes hiding when some overlays are over them selfs. Simple solution to hold Alt then active overlay will not hide. Nothing about hidding icons while moving.

If u can please record this issue and put it on YT. Also try reseting your profile.

Last edited by ircdirk : 05-04-20 at 12:28 PM.
07-12-20, 08:09 PM   #88
Kingyoshi9
A Fallenroot Satyr
Sorry to sound like a broken record but..

Will there be any new updates to Carbonite Classic?
There are a few things that still don't work, such as Carbonite properly showing maps, objectives etc. in Battlegrounds?

Will you be supporting it to work with the next phase? Phase 5, where AQ20 and AQ40 are released?

I am not sure how much developer time it takes to fix some of these. (Am assuming a couple hours to a few days of time for some of the pending items.)

I would be more then happy to make a larger donation to get some things fixed..
07-14-20, 12:47 AM   #89
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Kingyoshi9 View Post
Sorry to sound like a broken record but..

Will there be any new updates to Carbonite Classic?
There are a few things that still don't work, such as Carbonite properly showing maps, objectives etc. in Battlegrounds?

Will you be supporting it to work with the next phase? Phase 5, where AQ20 and AQ40 are released?

I am not sure how much developer time it takes to fix some of these. (Am assuming a couple hours to a few days of time for some of the pending items.)

I would be more then happy to make a larger donation to get some things fixed..
Maps in Dungs and Battlegrounds not working since start. Didnt have time to fix it. Dont know if this event posible to fix in classic since API is restricted.
07-16-20, 12:55 PM   #90
Kingyoshi9
A Fallenroot Satyr
I took a quick look.
It looks like a number of the functions needed to get it working (or at least partially working) are available in classic.
I can understand why this is such a large project.

UnitInBattleground
GetBattlefieldEstimatedWaitTime
GetBattlefieldFlagPosition
GetBattlefieldInstanceExpiration
GetBattlefieldInstanceInfo GetBattlefieldInstanceRunTime
GetBattlefieldPortExpiration
GetBattlefieldScore
GetBattlefieldStatData
GetBattlefieldStatInfo
GetBattlefieldStatus
GetBattlefieldTeamInfo
GetBattlefieldTimeWaited
GetBattlefieldWinner
GetBattlegroundInfo
GetBattlegroundPoints

Source: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Global_functions/Classic

I can understand why maps in instances are not working. I do not believe the API for dungeon maps was made available until much later on. But PVP it was, since I played back in vanilla and had a few addons that modified battleground maps.

Last edited by Kingyoshi9 : 07-16-20 at 12:57 PM.
07-17-20, 11:54 PM   #91
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

Ill check thouse functions later this month.
12-02-20, 10:15 AM   #92
Kingyoshi9
A Fallenroot Satyr
I am assuming this is no longer being developed?
12-02-20, 12:48 PM   #93
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

Not getting any feed back about new problems. There was release of Shadowlands, so no time for Classic. Im only dev for both Retail and Classic...

Last edited by ircdirk : 12-02-20 at 12:57 PM.
01-11-21, 08:25 AM   #94
Kingyoshi9
A Fallenroot Satyr
Will you be updating it once Burning Crusade is released?
I believe the original developer had working versions of Carbonite back when Burning Crusade was released/ (In fact, if I am not mistaken, it was Burning Crusade when Carbonite first began to be developed.)
01-14-21, 06:54 AM   #95
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

It doesn't matter if there was an original version of Carbonite then, this version of WoW Classic is way different than the original. You have to hope that the dev's will have the time to update THIS version of Carbonite! About all you can realistically do is ... stay tuned (and, of course, have hope! ).

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!
01-21-21, 06:43 PM   #96
Kingyoshi9
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
It doesn't matter if there was an original version of Carbonite then, this version of WoW Classic is way different than the original. You have to hope that the dev's will have the time to update THIS version of Carbonite! About all you can realistically do is ... stay tuned (and, of course, have hope! ).
I understand that classic client is actually a version of the retail client. However, since there should be an older Version of this addon for Burning Crusade, it could make updating this version a bit easier, as you may have old code you can use as a starting point, rather then having to recreate everything from scratch.
01-24-21, 05:09 PM   #97
Nimhfree
A Frostmaul Preserver
I understand that classic client is actually a version of the retail client. However, since there should be an older Version of this addon for Burning Crusade, it could make updating this version a bit easier, as you may have old code you can use as a starting point, rather then having to recreate everything from scratch.
Software development can be greatly misunderstood.
01-27-21, 03:16 AM   #98
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

Thats bad assumption. Old Carbonite cant be used with new Classic client, code is not compatibile.

If TBC will come to Classic then ill think about updating it. We dont even have a date for TBC.
02-04-21, 08:10 AM   #99
Kingyoshi9
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Nimhfree View Post
Software development can be greatly misunderstood.
I mean no disrespect but I completely understand.
I had worked with a team that had to take an old application written completely in cobalt and have it updated to C.

Since we had the original source, the developers had an easier time producing new code using the same logic from the old code.
It is massively easier then having to reverse engineer the entire application and start from scatch.

For example, when reverse engineering malware, it is much more challenging then just writing a program from scratch, since you have to try reverse engineering it and try to understand the logic that the original developer used when creating it.
02-04-21, 08:12 AM   #100
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

I mean no disrespect but I completely understand.
I had worked with a team that had to take an old application written completely in cobalt and have it updated to C.

Since we had the original source, the developers had an easier time producing new code using the same logic from the old code.
It is massively easier then having to reverse engineer the entire application and start from scatch.

For example, when reverse engineering malware, it is much more challenging then just writing a program from scratch, since you have to try reverse engineering it and try to understand the logic that the original developer used when creating it.
Sure thing, but old Carbonite code is completly unusable in this case, as there were so many changes since then.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: General Discussion » Carbonite support for Classic?