08-05-09, 10:46 AM   #1
Sareghalak
A Murloc Raider
Quest log problems

When i download the new carbonite for patch 3.2
my quest log is completed messed up ive tried everything i could think or deleten and redownloading etc etc etc
heres the issue
it shows quest name
but the displayed informationg is for another quest not the name its under.

Say quest (find 2 bunnys)
quest log says
there are 20 stones u need to collect in ur mom
o/20 stones

lol not the bunny one :P

bad examples but im sure you get my jift
please help

08-05-09, 11:02 PM   #2
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Fixed in 3.21

08-06-09, 12:09 AM   #3
Sareghalak
A Murloc Raider
ya its better now, but now the quests dont show up on the map...
to show u where they are

but i can deal wit that long as i can read the right quests lol

08-06-09, 12:30 AM   #4
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I assume you mean the new quests? Those are not yet in the database. Hopefully by next week Haavok will get most of that in the database.

08-06-09, 01:30 AM   #5
Sareghalak
A Murloc Raider
no none of them are showing up on map heh not even old tournament ones
only 2 of my 25 quests show up on the map

Last edited by Sareghalak : 08-06-09 at 01:34 AM.

08-06-09, 01:42 PM   #6
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Are they being watched? Only watched quests are drawn on the map when the green Watch List button is on.

Click the left Watch List header button, select "Watch All Quests".

08-10-09, 03:36 AM   #7
wacko1
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
Are they being watched? Only watched quests are drawn on the map when the green Watch List button is on.

Click the left Watch List header button, select "Watch All Quests".
that's not the problem , problem is in quest log most of them dont get activated ( ie. white dot not active in quest log) when u manually activate them they will show but the q items dont work then

08-10-09, 07:39 AM   #8
copterchris111
A Kobold Labourer
Different Issues

I am not having that issue with the questlog however, when you try to abandon a quest it is not removed from your quest log, the quest is gone, but the text remains in your log and takes up 1/25 still....therefore if your at 25/25 quests in your log cant get a new one til you complete one...

Also, the gatherer function seems to be not working now? When I tell it to show harbing nodes it does for a moment then goes back to nothing will not stay locked on.

3) is there a way to set the minimap to a specific size and stay at that size! IF not that would be great and if so, please inform me

08-15-09, 02:34 AM   #9
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by copterchris111 View Post
when you try to abandon a quest it is not removed from your quest log, the quest is gone, but the text remains in your log and takes up 1/25 still....therefore if your at 25/25 quests in your log cant get a new one til you complete one...
Abandon problems were in older versions from the patch. Check that it actually says 3.21 in the Carbonite minimap button tooltip.

Also, the gatherer function seems to be not working now? When I tell it to show harbing nodes it does for a moment then goes back to nothing will not stay locked on.
Are you using Carbonite's gathering or from another addon? Right clicking the Carb map, selecting Show and checking Herb or Mining locations is never automatically turned off.

3) is there a way to set the minimap to a specific size and stay at that size! IF not that would be great and if so, please inform me
You mean the Carbonite map? That is not the game minimap. The Carb map does stay at the size and location you make it.

08-21-09, 06:06 PM   #10
Astiah
A Murloc Raider
Quest log problems

I'm having two issues. The first problem I'm having is that Carbonite keeps hiding my quest log. I have to manually unhide it (which does no good as a little while later it's hidden again >.< )

The second problem I'm having is that the quest log isn't updating. Let's say I have to kill 10 Owls. I kill 1. The log still says 0/10. I kill another and it continues to 0/10. I've reset the quest interface, I've completely logged out of the game and logged back in and I'm still having this problem.

08-21-09, 06:08 PM   #11
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Astiah View Post
The second problem I'm having is that the quest log isn't updating. Let's say I have to kill 10 Owls. I kill 1. The log still says 0/10. I kill another and it continues to 0/10. I've reset the quest interface, I've completely logged out of the game and logged back in and I'm still having this problem.
Keep in mind with this issue at least, Carb does not update in Combat. So if you are chain killing mobs, Carb will not update till you are out of combat for at least a second or two.

08-21-09, 06:17 PM   #12
Astiah
A Murloc Raider
;(

It's not updating at all... no matter how long I've been out of combat. I've logged out & exited the game twice and it's still not updating the log.

08-21-09, 06:21 PM   #13
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

What version of Carb are you running?

08-21-09, 06:30 PM   #14
Astiah
A Murloc Raider
Version

I'm using version 3.21

08-21-09, 06:45 PM   #15
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

You may want to try updating to 3.22 which is the latest and greatest version at the moment. Also out of curiosity, are any of your other toons being affected in the same way?

08-21-09, 06:57 PM   #16
Astiah
A Murloc Raider
>.<

Updating to 3.22 did diddly squat. And the one other toon I checked was not having this problem.

08-21-09, 07:18 PM   #17
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Ok. If the other toon is not having an issue, it's pretty safe to say that you have a setting fubar'd somewhere. Cheap Trick incoming

On the toon that is having the issue, pop into Carb Options, goto the Reset page, at the top you have the option to Import Settings from another toon. Click on it there and select the toon that is not having the issue. You will have to reload after that but it should fix you up

08-21-09, 07:53 PM   #18
Astiah
A Murloc Raider
Nope didn't fix the problem >.<

I abandoned 3 quests and then re-acquired them to see if that might solve the problem but no.

This is really starting to p**s me off >.>

08-21-09, 07:57 PM   #19
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Unfortunately, I'm not sure what to try next for you The only other thing I can think of to check is whether it's only affecting a single quest or is it affecting all quests of that type. Namely, collection and kill xx number of a particular mob.

You may have to wait for another more informed person to chime in, or the Authors themselves. Wish I could have helped more though

08-21-09, 08:01 PM   #20
Astiah
A Murloc Raider
Grr

I know it's affecting all three of those quests and they're all kill x number of y mob. I've reset the UI, abandoned & re acquired the quests, nothing works. On top of that Carbonite keeps hiding my freaking quest log which is really irritating me. I have to continuously go in and manually uncheck the hide box when I never checked it in the first freakin place >.<

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Quest log problems