11-30-14, 12:46 PM   #21
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Working on the warehouse issue's... Mine was working properly until I just started trying to change things up to show Worn Items as being worn instead of just in your bags Hopefully i'll have it working with reagent bank soon.

12-01-14, 06:15 AM   #22
KMJX
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Kreelor View Post
Snip
About the warehouse thing... I'm an altoholic, much like you seem to be. When Carb stopped working, besides the maps that was the first thing I noticed missing (as did other friends of mine).

I decided to grab the Altoholic addon, which fixed the issue for me, and is even better, as it even shows the respective guild banks (to know what any character has it needs to be logged on once, to know guild bank content it needs to have been opened at least once).
Maybe that'll help.

12-01-14, 06:26 AM   #23
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by KMJX View Post
I decided to grab the Altoholic addon, which fixed the issue for me, and is even better, as it even shows the respective guild banks (to know what any character has it needs to be logged on once, to know guild bank content it needs to have been opened at least once).
Maybe that'll help.
Carb has the same thing

12-01-14, 06:55 AM   #24
Meganbtoo
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
Not everyone is in a rush to 100, Almost everyone I know ran through the portal into laggy over populated zones only to spend about 12 hours to grind through the content and be finished with the expansion. I don't raid, so why would I want to be 100 just so I can stand around with nothing to do again.

Yes I still play the game, and 99.9% of what went into fixing the addon never required going through the portal.

The only thing not working on the other side is the green texture for garrisons which can be helped by actually standing in a garrison, but if I really wanted to waste time I could fix even that without going through.
You have been saying 'soon' since 13th October. I am not in a rush to 100 either, and I have been discovering that apart from an inability to move the quest/objectives box, Blizzards map ui is livable with. I have used carbonite since it was a paid for addon. Sadly I am learning to live without it. Just look in here to see how many times people say 'tomorrow it will be done'. Sad.

12-01-14, 07:32 AM   #25
Jynyvieve
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Meganbtoo View Post
You have been saying 'soon' since 13th October. I am not in a rush to 100 either, and I have been discovering that apart from an inability to move the quest/objectives box, Blizzards map ui is livable with. I have used carbonite since it was a paid for addon. Sadly I am learning to live without it. Just look in here to see how many times people say 'tomorrow it will be done'. Sad.
Seriously? You do realize the entire addon needed to be redone as well as separating it out. When one problem is solved several others pop up from the changes that were done. This is not a paying job, it is a side gig from his paying job.

12-01-14, 07:51 AM   #26
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Meganbtoo View Post
Make thouse fixes your self, if u can... and stop trolling.

See github for changes, fixes are made almost daily...

12-02-14, 01:18 AM   #27
Kreelor
A Firelord

To Rythal --

The Carbonite Warehouse (Reagent bank) and the "View all" option [for the right-side frame window] both appear to be working now. The "View all" option still has a few display-related issues, but it's still functional.

Plus, I noticed a few errors when using maps, especially across zone boundaries while using the Guide 'red question mark' to locate something. I'm sure those will get iron-out later on.

You've done what I've been waiting for.

Thank you, Rythal!

12-06-14, 01:46 AM   #28
KeiiKeii27
A Defias Bandit
Carbonite not working

I installed the version on git and it just will not work for me. I too am learning to live with the in game map as well, even with it being a pain in the butt. AGAIN.. Blizz needs to talk to Rythal and integrate carbonite into the game as our main mapping and questing resource. It takes me longer with their mapping UI to get things done than it ever did with carbonite. Just to insure I have the best current working version of Carbonite could someone post a direct link to the download. I'd appreciate it!!

Last edited by KeiiKeii27 : 12-06-14 at 01:47 AM. Reason: typos

12-06-14, 02:20 AM   #29
atl77
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by KeiiKeii27 View Post
I installed the version on git and it just will not work for me.
You obviously didn't follow the instructions. You need to copy the folders out of the Carbonite-Folder inside the ZIP into your Addons directory.

12-06-14, 10:57 AM   #30
Kreelor
A Firelord

Originally Posted by atl77 View Post
You obviously didn't follow the instructions. You need to copy the folders out of the Carbonite-Folder inside the ZIP into your Addons directory.
Maybe this will help make it more clear. This is how it looks on my Windows 7 Pro screen:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Installing_Github_for_Carbonite.jpg
Views:	12817
Size:	143.7 KB
ID:	8343  

12-11-14, 08:16 AM   #31
Everfroszt
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by matt_b19 View Post
Hmm

Don't hold your breath waiting on Carbonite. As yesterdays posts show Rythal still hadn't been through the portal into Draenor, so we have to assume that he doesn't really play the game any more. In fairness to him, if he was still playing wow he would have started fixing Carbonite during beta or at least PTR and he didnt.

Maybe Rythal just needs to admit that he isnt over interested any more and perhaps hand over the baton to someone who has an interest.

I have got used to playing with Blizzards system now and won't go back.
Wow! You truly are an immature little troll >.< Ever hear of patience? I have to assume you're a kid or else you'd realize that work and/or school, family and life in general make it difficult to work full-time on an addon for a game. Give Rythal a break. He's doing his best and I have faith the wait will be worth it =)

12-12-14, 04:13 PM   #32
vaudicular
A Kobold Labourer
so?

To Rythal
who cares about the pessimists, keep up the great work. I have moderate programming experience and understand how difficult and beyond stressful it can be to work out all the bugs and internal error issues that come with updating/rewriting not only source code but additional code strips that are added for extended functions. I just wanted to thank you and the rest of your crew for your continued effort on bringing this amazing addon back to life. I currently have 2 lvl 100s and several other alts at lvl 92 horde side azuremyst
but i am still anxiously awaiting the return of this great addon if there are some things i can help you with in-game please don't hesitate to ask. Sincerely Vaudicular.

12-13-14, 04:35 AM   #33
ihatepms
A Defias Bandit

Originally Posted by Kreelor View Post
[color=Yellow][b]

I'm uncertain as to which of the multiple choices for various stages of carbonite development to use. For instance, there's:
* Rythal's latest alpha/beta version (which is at least 4 months old)
* The quick-fix "buggy" version posted by Ebnor
* And, the WOD/Pre-patch" git" version.

Many people are saying they are using the incomplete, error-filled WOD/Pre-patch GIT version without too many problems, yet we have been told to NOT USE IT. It's for Development... not for users to use.

Can nobody give a concise, simple answer to such a simple question? I cannot find the answer buried within the multiple, unrelated topics, etc. It's all mixed up with no logical order. I for one will appreciate some help

I am not pushing Rythal to go any faster. I am not complaining about all the wonderful effort he's applying. I'm just hoping for something workable until then. For me, maps and warehouse top the list of 'core features."

Hey there... i was in the same boat as you are in now. i took time last week to check all hotfix & git versions, the one i find that actually works with the least amount of bugs, Ebmor's EXPERIMENTAL, BUGGY & INCOMPLETE HOTFIX.

I will post it below, so that you don't have to go looking for the post in the thread (I have also included the ONLY 3 items you need to download). I know you said you tried this & it didn't work, just go through it again carefully. Keep in mind that while in your Garrison, the map will NOT work.
What I do is head just outside of my garrison, where I can see mobs & other players, /reload ui & tadaah, there is my map; i keep it set to NOT follow, and go back into my Garrison & the main map remains up.
NOTE: I have removed the buggiest files so ONLY what you will need is in this version of Elmor's extensive steps (less confusion). If you are in your Garrison & reload ui, you will lose the map, which will return upon leaving the Garrison & reloading again; a little tedious but who cares I GOT MY CARBONITE BACK.

The other thing i find that i must do in game, is, sometimes /reload ui to get the quest watch blobs to appear on the map, works about 75% of the time, sometimes i have to wait a few minutes & reload again). I have not gone to BG or instances/raids, just roaming around questing & working on Garrison. It seems the quest blobs disappear so /reload ui is something i do regularly. that is the smallest issue to deal with.
Daily tasks before logging on to WoW: to check for most recent Ace versions (this seems to be what keeps this hotfix working) & Carbonite LIVE versions (which we are all practicing our patience to see ready to go)

thank you Ebmor & Rythal for all you have done

p.s. i love that all changes apply to all alts! Good Luck & happy questing
Ebmor's EXPERIMENTAL, BUGGY & INCOMPLETE HOTFIX
steps -- FOR EXPERIENCED USERS ONLY --

1. Exit the game.

2. Make a backup copy of your <WOW>\WTF folder and keep it at a safe place.
(maybe you your old Carbonite settings at a later date).

3. Delete all old Carbonite related folders located under <WOW>\Interface\AddOns\

4. Get the "official" Carbonite 5.4.2 Alpha 5 from here:

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...TAVERSION.html

and extract the contents of "CarboniteBETA-542a5.zip" to

<WOW>\Interface\AddOns\

5. Get a current version of the Ace3 libraries from here:

http://www.wowace.com/addons/ace3/files/

(e.g. Ace3-r1124.zip) and update (overwrite) the folders located under
(NOTE from ihatepms: i am using current version Ace3-r1126.zip & i check daily to verify this is the most updated ver)

<WOW>\Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Libs

6. Get the attached

* CarboniteHotfix20141112.zip (limited Draenor suppport; enUS,deDE only) **see attached file

and update (overwrite) the files in the various Carbonite folders located under

<WOW>\Interface\AddOns\

7. Start the game and enable loading of out-of-date addons.

(I have not updated the TOCs to make it clear that this a incomplete, buggy, "unofficial" and completely unsupported hotfix.)

Further recommendation: Do not run the "Overachiever" addon together with this hotfix (additional LUA errors).
- map issues (missing zones, wrong indexes) fixed - carbonite quest window fixed

NOTE: Draenor zones are still not supported

Limited support for Draenor world zones (enUS, deDE only (*)) added. Draenor instances are not supported.

First experiences:

The "Frostfire Ridge" map and quest tracking seems to work as expected
(as usual you can use /reload if quest objectives are not clickable).

Tanaan Jungle Intro map is not supported (unimportant). Garrison maps are not supported (annoying).

Ebmor@EU-Malorne // DBM
Attached Files below
Attached Files
File Type: zip CarboniteHotfix20141112.zip (424.6 KB, 208 views)
File Type: zip Ace3-r1126.zip (156.6 KB, 223 views)
File Type: zip CarboniteBETA-542a5.zip (2.48 MB, 223 views)

Last edited by ihatepms : 12-13-14 at 05:07 AM.

12-13-14, 05:30 AM   #34
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by ihatepms View Post
Hey there... i was in the same boat as you are in now. i took time last week to check all hotfix & git versions, the one i find that actually works with the least amount of bugs, Ebmor's EXPERIMENTAL, BUGGY & INCOMPLETE HOTFIX.
Nope, its GitHub version that actually works best now: https://github.com/Rythal/Carbonite/archive/master.zip

12-13-14, 07:36 AM   #35
Kreelor
A Firelord

Originally Posted by ihatepms View Post

I will post it below, so that you don't have to go looking for the post in the thread (I have also included the ONLY 3 items you need to download). I know you said you tried this & it didn't work, just go through it again carefully. Keep in mind that while in your Garrison, the map will NOT work.
Thank you, ihatepms, for your consideration about my previous post. I can see that you spent a great deal of effort in your post. It was very kind of you! However, there would be no possible way for me to "just go through it again carefully." The last 2 attempts (out of 3 total) were done as carefully as I could manage. heh heh.

You mentioned steps and suggestions for garrisons, etc. (WoD) which I said I'm not using. But, your steps may help other users who are using the new expansion.

In any event, I deleted everything and started over by using the in-work "github" version(s) as they become available. So far, so good -- except for the Warehouse. It still has issues which I'm hopeful that Rythal will have time to fix, eventually. He's too busy now fixing major bugs and those other things which are problems for people using WoD expansion. It's understandable, and I'm patient.

And, you helped me realize that I have been misspelling Ebmor's name! I thought it was "Ebnor." My apologies to him! (This forum allows no way for users to "Edit/update spelling corrections in all MY previous posts)". LOL

I suggest that you follow ircdirk's comment and use the in-work, "github" version. It has surpassed the stage that Ebmor's (wonderful, timely) fix provided. And, Ebmor is not updating his fix any longer.

Thanks again, ihatepms, for your attempt to help.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Multiple Choices for Carbonite versions