12-04-10, 03:04 PM   #1
SGen
A Defias Bandit
Can't seem to find the RDX Menu

As the title states can't seem to find the main RDX menu. I've installed the mod entered the game and typed /show but it doesn't seem to want to appear...

I think I've had this problem before but I can't remember how i solved it because i haven't even touched wow in couple of years.

One thing i should point out is that this is a new install of wow/RDX and upon start-up RDX attempted to install 2 obee's that both appeared to have failed so if the core RDX menu is installed via obee (i have no idea if it is) it may not have been installed.

Any hel is much appreciated. thanks in advance
12-04-10, 11:18 PM   #2
horse21
An Aku'mai Servant
This does seem strange to me. Someone with more experience will likely need to provide a detailed answer (I'm still pretty new myself), but hopefully this will help.

When I installed the base RDX, I added a couple of OOBE's myself, and it didn't seem to have a problem. Did you add a couple of the stand alone OOBE's to your addons directory as well? It's possible the OOBE's were missing dependencies. What is the error that you are receiving?

Also, I believe the base RDX has the menu panel across the top of the screen by default. If you don't have it on a clean install, then something probably went wrong there. Have you verified that all of the folders made it into the addons folder?

Finally, the commands to show/hide the menu in the current version is:
/rdx showpanel
/rdx hidepanel

I don't think /show is linked to RDX at all. There is:
/rdx show
/rdx hide

But these commands show/hide all of the windows other than the menu panel across the top. /rdx showpanel may work, if RDX is still running behind the scenes.
12-05-10, 07:48 AM   #3
Kcori
A Black Drake
I think your problem is, you're trying to install OpenRDX: Brethren RaidFrames! This will not work with RDX 7.4.9. I know I've had this issue after installing Brethren Raidframes. What OOBE's are you trying to install?
12-07-10, 08:53 PM   #4
SGen
A Defias Bandit
Alright just tried /rdx showpanel and i got this error

Interface\AddOns\RDX\Panels\MainPanel.lua:934: attempt to index upvalue 'opt' (a nil value)

Stack trace:
-----------
Interface\AddOns\RDX\Panels\SlashCommands.lua:31: in function `value'
Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:4147: in function `ChatEdit_ParseText'
Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:3737: in function `ChatEdit_SendText'
Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:3775: in function `ChatEdit_OnEnterPressed'
[string "*:OnEnterPressed"]:1: in function <[string "*:OnEnterPressed"]:1>

Any ideas?

Also how do you reset the OBEES so you can reinstall them?
12-08-10, 02:53 AM   #5
sigg
Featured Artist

Featured
Hello

A new version is coming soon.

Just wait.

Thanks

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » OpenRDX » OpenRDX Community » OpenRDX: Community Chat » Can't seem to find the RDX Menu