05-31-05, 07:42 PM   #1
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
KC_EnhancedTrades - Pinky Enhanced Tradeskills ReWrite

Download

Like the title suggests I'm almost ready to release my rewrite of Pinky's Enhanced Tradeskills, called KC_EnhancedTrades.

I've gotten all the functionality except being able to get a bank statement out of it done, and I wanted to get a few people to critique and try to break my latest creation!

by lighterweight I refer to the fact that it dropped in code size from 130kb to 83kb

Last edited by Kaelten : 06-05-05 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Change Title

05-31-05, 07:53 PM   #2
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Moved this thread to the Beta forums for you.

Last edited by Cairenn : 05-31-05 at 08:36 PM.

06-05-05, 07:35 PM   #3
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
Well its gotten a decent amount of dls and I just put a new version up. Would anyone care to venture some criticisms? Any ammount of ideas opinions or the like would be appriciated. It helps me make better mods so don't be afraid.

06-06-05, 09:55 AM   #4
cyatis
A Murloc Raider

Thank you!

I missed this mod, and this one seems to be cleaner than the original. I use autorepair and wasn't sure if I'd like it to start with, though I quickly saw it was really an excellent idea and piece of work. I had two nice reasons to look forward to it, a good author with a mod that worked well.

I didn't get a whole lot of time to play with this, but it did exactly as advertised from what I could tell.

No its not much, but my only idea for the current mod so far is...
1. The mod might want to remind you in some form that it hasn't seen a bank for that character on login for the mod.

It's an excellent mod, and looks to be an excellent rewrite.
-
The following are just thoughts.

The logical extention of this mod seems to be multicharacter support. This also may be more trouble than its worth. Collecting the data doesn't seem like the biggest issue here, it would be how to organize and display the relavant information. Many of the best mods offer the most relavent information, in a reasonably organized way.

The tradeskill window itself doesn't have a lot of space for much additional information and unlike some mods that would tend to work well in the same format, this one wouldn't seem to.

Much of the charm of this mod is in its simplicity in single player setups and should remain so. Really expanding upon the "usable" features of this mod looks difficult without making a new mod or by adding to the old mod in a way that one could choose whether they wanted it or not.

Of course now someone will have a game breaking and brillant idea!

However to me the above is beyond the scope of the mod currently. It looks good, does it job, and seems to work correctly for its intended purpose. Its hard to ask for more.

Cleaning up the former mod, and providing its use is very nice and much appreciated. Things might turn up in time that were unanticipated. I'll hope they dont.

Thanks again and nicely done,
Cyatis

06-07-05, 08:12 AM   #5
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
Apriciate the feedback!

In reguards to multi-char support. I'm in process of adding 5th column to the display that will represent how many you could make with items from your alt's banks.

Also, for enchanters, I have a new feature in the version I'm working on that if its working right, it actually will take into consideration the conversion factor of the various forms of essence.

I have ideas for a couple of BIG features ( like completely replacing the default screen with a larger one), these however will wait till later, and I won't do away with this version as some people prefer to keep things realitively simple or prefer the blizzard ui to what I'm going to cook up.

Of course please keep the feedback coming in.

06-07-05, 08:42 PM   #6
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
posted with fixes

06-08-05, 06:43 AM   #7
Cluey
A Fallenroot Satyr
Errors

hiho,
First let me say thank you for taking this up
Were you aware of the problems Pinky's version had with SortEnchant and will your version work with it or not?
From what I read in the SortEnchant thread the author was quite critical of how Pinky had done the trade skills mod and he couldn't work around it as it was just overwriting the output instead of modifying it. Thats from memory but sounds right, he also indicated that he was prepared to help sort them out but from what I could gather from Pinky he wasn't interested in doing anymore than he had. *shrug*

These are the errors I got today:
String: Interface\AddOns\SortEnchant\SortEnchant.lu...
Line: 571
Count: 3
Error: Usage: GetCraftNumReagents(index)
--------------------------------------------------
File: Interface\AddOns\KC_Items\KC_ItemsUtils.lua
Line: 11
Count: 12
Error: bad argument #1 to `strfind' (string expected, got nil)
--------------------------------------------------
String: Interface\AddOns\KC_EnhancedTrades\KC_Enhan...
Line: 270
Count: 2
Error: attempt to compare number with string

The first one is a SortEnchant one so it maybe a compatibility thing, I will test without sort enchant running soon and update when I find out :-)

Thanks again

06-08-05, 08:15 AM   #8
Cluey
A Fallenroot Satyr
Errors continued

I tried editing my other post but got an error about too many images!

I disabled SortEnchant and I now get a couple of different errors depending on which skill I look at!

Count: Infinite

Line: 270
Count: 3
Error: attempt to compare number with

I also found that the top 'tree/skill' pane seemed to be split into a top and a bottom with the bottom half static most of the time.
For skills which only have one tree, like first aid, the bottom half was blank but for tailoring where there are lots of different options the top half would show the first items correctly but the bottom half would still have the colasped trees.
Now for the interesting bit, if I then scrolled down I could get all of the items in the open tree and scrolling back up would bring back the colapsed trees!
I took a few screenshots of this as I wasn't sure I could describe it well enough, so if I haven't lef me know and I will make the images smaller and work out how to get them to you

I should add that I did have other addons loaded as well.
I will test with no others, other than the two which come in the zip file , when I get a chance but as I will only find this mod useful when crafting and the others useful all the time I think it needs to work with others.
If I have no problems with it by itsself I will try and tell you which one it is arguing with

06-08-05, 08:46 AM   #9
Devla
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
I'll try this out.

I never used Pinky's old version, so I have no idea what to expect

06-08-05, 09:22 AM   #10
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
Ok it appears that those two errors are related..... to the same cause. I'm going to put in some code to try to catch them as I'm pretty sure its do to the code trying to parse a mat thats not actually shown.

I'll have a new post up shortly.

06-08-05, 09:43 AM   #11
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
New version posted, with, bug fixes, I hope.

06-08-05, 10:00 AM   #12
Henna
A Murloc Raider

Just updated to 0.91 and get, I believe, the same error the first time I open my smelting window:
Count: 2
I get this with my Engineering window:
Line: 120
Error: attempt to concatenate local `reagentName' (a nil value)
And although I get no error when I open my Beast Training window (I'm a hunter), the window contains no data. When I disable KCET, the data shows up again.

Last edited by Henna : 06-08-05 at 10:11 AM.

06-08-05, 10:16 AM   #13
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
Are you using a mod that messes with your pet training info?

I'm about to upload a new version I found out what the problem was.

It appears that blizzard implemented some new datamining protection and you can't actually pull the info reguarding a reagent/item until your character has actually seen it. I've fixed so the addon doesn't choke on this, HOWEVER, on an item like this it displays as [0/-1/-1/-1] the first time you load the window.

If you click the item it'll load the mat and you'll get correct info about it. And it appears that you only need to do this once.

So get get 0.92 when its approved and it should fix your woes.

And if not, then I'll try until I do fix it.

06-08-05, 10:25 AM   #14
Cluey
A Fallenroot Satyr
Further testing

*Edit*
You have updated while I was posting!
I will try it out again for you soon
*/Edit*

wow, you move fast!
I cleaned out my interface folder to make sure I had no conflicts, got an error and came hear to let you know, then I discovered you had updated it!
So onto the error which is still present in the 0.9.1 version.
I did instal an extra mod as I had forgoten how useless the standard error message box is in WoW.

I opened my leatherworking window and scrolled to the bottom with my mouse wheel and then opened the ImprovedErrorFrame window

Last edited by Cluey : 06-08-05 at 10:27 AM. Reason: too slow chicken marango!

06-08-05, 10:29 AM   #15
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
hehe, I accidently left some of my debugging code uncommented in .92 trying to update it so that it doesn't have this problem. your still getting the infite error?

06-08-05, 10:33 AM   #16
Henna
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by Kaelten
Are you using a mod that messes with your pet training info?
No pet training mods. I am using Acuzod's Available Only and SortEnchant however neither of these have ever affected my Beast Training window. Going to try 0.92 now.

Update: Still no data in my Beast Training window.

Last edited by Henna : 06-08-05 at 10:38 AM.

06-08-05, 10:45 AM   #17
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
hmm... this is odd to me because I don't actually do anything to that screen or any functions that should interact with it.

Try disabling all mods and turning them back on with the most likely culprits first.

06-08-05, 10:53 AM   #18
Cluey
A Fallenroot Satyr
more testing

Just tested with the 0.92 version.
Leatherworking worked fine so I switched to my enchanter.
First Aid works fine.
Cooking works fine.
Tailoring works fine.
Enchanting does not

Line: 285
Count: 5

This is still with only this mod and ImprovedErrorFrame running.
The window which comes up has First Aid in its title bar and a brown rectangular block which looks like it is supposed to be a title bar (thats the size of it).

Flat mate just checked 0.92 version with blacksmithing and it works, this was tested with everything else she normal uses also.

06-08-05, 11:03 AM   #19
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
posted a hopeful fix for this cluey, should be up as soon as its aproved

One problem is that enchanting is handled completely seperately than the rest of the tradeskills.

06-08-05, 11:22 AM   #20
Cluey
A Fallenroot Satyr
It still calls itsself 0.92 in the chat screen on load but it is definatly a new version as the error is on a different line

Line: 288
Count: 1

If it is not possible to make it work with enchanting is it possible to have it working for everything except enchanting?
This would let me leave it enabled all the time and just not have the extra info for enchanting.
The guy doing sort enchant has mentioned that he has been considering adding in this functionality for enchanting and using the data from BankItems so he doesn't duplicate data in the SavedVairiables.lua file

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Beta Testers Wanted - KC_EnhancedTrades - Pinky Enhanced Tradeskills ReWrite