07-03-06, 07:48 PM   #21
Ghent
A Cyclonian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by roguearthur
why does my starshadowUI look like this? http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...306_221850.jpg

:/ i want it to look like yours in the pictures :P any tips? like i cant resize the portraits of me/enemies and sutff, umm ecasting bar, how do i get rid of the outline -_-? and what is the mirror one? im so lost but yea, like i said i want mine to look like your screenshots

nvm i found it, the little N but, whats that emergancy little thing you have and all while facing the dragon? is that the raid mod? i unno how to work that
Sorry, I didn't realize I hadn't answered this.

Unfortunately, all UI's need a lot of setting up when they are first installed because it's very hard to transfer the locations of the frames and settings to other people, since they're stored in account / character specific areas in your WoW installation.

I've actually been toying with creating an installer for windows.

The emergency thing is called the Emergency Monitor, and it's part of CT_RaidAssist. It's used mainly by healers to see who needs healing the most. I leave it on because our guild is not supposed to use it, but they do, and I like it ***** because it kills raids when healers can't heal right because they're dependant on things like the emergency monitor instead of their own eyes and skill. :P

[ StarshadowUI ~ Custom UI compiled by Ghent ]
http://ghent.wowinterface.com/
07-14-06, 10:40 AM   #22
Edely
A Murloc Raider

Hello...I started using your mod today. I have one problem though. How do I get the player frames to get the size in your picture? mine are very small I cant even read them.
07-14-06, 12:14 PM   #23
Ghent
A Cyclonian
Click on the N on the minimap. That'll give you the interface to control the settings for the frames. Also, what's in my screenshot is a bit of a custom layout. You can drag each individual box by holding down ALT and moving each box.

My suggestion would be, click on the N and goto the last area of the configuration and choose a default layout, then drag the boxes around from there. Unless one of the default layouts looks good to you, in which case, you're all set

07-14-06, 01:02 PM   #24
Edely
A Murloc Raider

Thank you so much Ghent! I love your UI ^^ I will use it forever

btw...what server do ya play on? (I just started WoW two weeks ago) I started up a NE druid on Darkspear

EDIT : Oh yeah one more thing! How can I get more than 1 row of bars?

Last edited by Edely : 07-14-06 at 01:10 PM.
07-14-06, 02:17 PM   #25
Edely
A Murloc Raider

Okay being forgetful today....btw where is the exp bar? I like this mod and all but after leveling and realizing I didn't have an exp bar I was like "huh?"

So yup when you can, please answer that and my post above...

EDIT : Oh boy, i wasn't supposed to double post :X
07-14-06, 03:46 PM   #26
Ghent
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by Edely
Oh yeah one more thing! How can I get more than 1 row of bars?
To use GypsyMod, go to the little lock icon on the minimap and click it so it becomes unlocked. Then, hover your mouse on the bars, and a black tab should appear that says "HotBar". Right-click on the tab to see the controls for the bars

Once you're finished, click the lock again to prevent yourself from dragging bars around during the heat of the action and mad button clicking

Originally Posted by Edely
Okay being forgetful today....btw where is the exp bar? I like this mod and all but after leveling and realizing I didn't have an exp bar I was like "huh?"
There's no XP bar, but there is an XP plugin in the FuBar download. Using this creates a cleaner interface and provides a lot more information than just a simple bar. You are, of course, welcome to install any miscellaneous packages to create an XP bar yourself. It should not conflict.

You made 2 suggestions as well:

ItemSync - Should be included in the "Extras" download. Just download that and install whatever modules you want from it.

QuickLoot - I don't like this module personally, anything that randomly changes the positioning of my mouse pointer bothers me :P A lot of the functionality of the module is already in the default Blizzard UI (and always has been). Simply hold down shift and right-click when you go to loot and you'll grab everything you can automatically. If you're doing this properly, you'll notice the loot icon change from one small bag to 3 small bags.

Thanks for using SUI and your suggestions. Feel free to track me down if you have more questions

07-14-06, 03:54 PM   #27
Edely
A Murloc Raider

Smile

though if you shift + right click then you might loot something you didn't want.

Btw where is the link for the fubar? I can't find it.

Also to the @XP Bars and what not: It atleast shows where you are ...visually that way you have a better understanding. Btw you suggested creating our own XP bar? I don't know how to otherwise I would

Last edited by Edely : 07-14-06 at 04:06 PM.
08-04-06, 08:32 PM   #28
Voodoo_master
A Defias Bandit

Unhappy Help me :(

Hi, I downloaded everything for your compilation but the raid mods. My fubar is kind of wierd http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...riforce/UI.jpg . How can I fix it? On my main the texture of my pic dont load, the icons and items are red ? , even after 5 minutes ...

(I am a total noob for mods) Can you say how to set it like your screen, if you want.
08-23-06, 11:27 PM   #29
Mastodon
A Kobold Labourer
Frame problem

I have three frames (quest timer, quest watch, and durability) that are on the UI and I wasn't sure if it was a wow error or a UI problem. So, how to disable quest timer frame, quest watch frame and durability if it is something UI related?
2.1.2.1 release

Also, I love your UI....keep up the great work

Last edited by Mastodon : 08-23-06 at 11:29 PM.
08-23-06, 11:58 PM   #30
Ghent
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by Mastodon
I have three frames (quest timer, quest watch, and durability) that are on the UI and I wasn't sure if it was a wow error or a UI problem. So, how to disable quest timer frame, quest watch frame and durability if it is something UI related?
2.1.2.1 release

Also, I love your UI....keep up the great work
Those frames are attached to the minimap and control the display of your quest tracker, quest timer, and durability paperdoll. You can move the frames, and once you're finished, lock the minimap using simpleMinimap commands:

/smm help
/smm lock

08-24-06, 11:42 AM   #31
ventari
A Murloc Raider
I didn't see an option within SimpleMinimap to change the shape, I like haveing it fit nicely in the corner like you have, are there predetermined shapes? how do I change it?
Also, Tyically in the past Enhanced Tooltips has a button bound tot he main menu, this one does not and the normal /tooltips slash commands don't work, how do I configure this modified version?

**Edit: Ok so /smm skin will rotate through some preset shapes and skins, I still really need to rebind the tooltips having them attached to my cursor makes it impossible to target. anyo0ne know how to bind them somewhere else?**

Last edited by ventari : 08-28-06 at 09:52 AM.
08-27-06, 07:32 PM   #32
Styletto
A Kobold Labourer
All my hotbars and bags seem interconnected and am not able to move them or unstick them - I cannot even see all the slots unless I have an "action" on my mouse cursor. Otherwise I am figuring most else out.
08-28-06, 09:48 AM   #33
ventari
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Styletto
All my hotbars and bags seem interconnected and am not able to move them or unstick them - I cannot even see all the slots unless I have an "action" on my mouse cursor. Otherwise I am figuring most else out.
Try /bob for the Config for bongo's you can unlock and seperate the bars.
08-30-06, 09:46 AM   #34
Zofideous
A Kobold Labourer
Hope this helps....

Back again...mod is downloaded and up and working...all is well. It took me a few hours to congfigure everything since I did not use a lot of these mods previously. The only thing i had an issue with is trying to figure out how to pull up wach config box for the mods. here is a list of what i found so far:

Player window: There is a N on the mini map that allows you to change. I used the last tab and just chose one of the 4 default options. Inside one of the tabs it allows you to turn off the Blizzard crap.

Bags/Bars/Key: /bob pulls up the config window. Make sure you click "lock bars" when you close out of bob...if not, you cannot click your buttons.

Mini Map: /smm is the option to pull up the info...it will display in your Gen Chat window.

Arc Bars: /archud config will display your options where your mouse is resting. This will allow you to configure a ton of options.

Hope this helps....I still have a little investigation to do for a few other things....im a nub at this as well
08-30-06, 11:45 AM   #35
Ghent
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by Zofideous
Back again...mod is downloaded and up and working...all is well. It took me a few hours to congfigure everything since I did not use a lot of these mods previously. The only thing i had an issue with is trying to figure out how to pull up wach config box for the mods. here is a list of what i found so far:

Player window: There is a N on the mini map that allows you to change. I used the last tab and just chose one of the 4 default options. Inside one of the tabs it allows you to turn off the Blizzard crap.

Bags/Bars/Key: /bob pulls up the config window. Make sure you click "lock bars" when you close out of bob...if not, you cannot click your buttons.

Mini Map: /smm is the option to pull up the info...it will display in your Gen Chat window.

Arc Bars: /archud config will display your options where your mouse is resting. This will allow you to configure a ton of options.

Hope this helps....I still have a little investigation to do for a few other things....im a nub at this as well
Zofideous,

Thanks for posting this for everyone. I've been lax in documenting everything I've started up a document on how to create a layout that matches my screenshots, and I've also started to populate the FAQ area of my portal with commonly asked questions. In this area, I also plan to put in a list of all the slash commands for all the modules.

You can check out the progress by checking my portal. I try to do a few updates a day, but between work, updating and raiding, I sometimes forget

Anyways, thanks again!

09-01-06, 10:38 AM   #36
ventari
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Zofideous
here is a list of what i found so far:

Tooltips: /ttip will allow you to modify the tooltip options and positioning and get it off of your mouse :-)

XP Bar: /xpbarnone To allow the Bar to swap to Rep as well as some other options.

In all I am very happy/impressed by the UI, a list of slash commands would be a godsend though

Last edited by ventari : 09-01-06 at 10:41 AM.
09-01-06, 05:05 PM   #37
Puppetmaster
A Kobold Labourer
Not much changed

I get the top and bottom bar that's about it, nothing more. I want this UI mainly for the health and mana/rage bars on the sides of the character that way I don't have to take my eyes off the battle by looking at my character box in the top left corner.

I followed all the installation instructions. I still got the same old action bars, same character bars. I just don't have any guidance with this UI there's no read me file?

Also in the character screen when pressing the Add-on button enabling alot of them say 'dependancy missing' next to them. What would be going on with this?

Pressing N on the minimap does nothing also

Last edited by Puppetmaster : 09-01-06 at 05:19 PM.
09-01-06, 11:44 PM   #38
Ghent
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by Puppetmaster
I get the top and bottom bar that's about it, nothing more. I want this UI mainly for the health and mana/rage bars on the sides of the character that way I don't have to take my eyes off the battle by looking at my character box in the top left corner.

I followed all the installation instructions. I still got the same old action bars, same character bars. I just don't have any guidance with this UI there's no read me file?

Also in the character screen when pressing the Add-on button enabling alot of them say 'dependancy missing' next to them. What would be going on with this?

Pressing N on the minimap does nothing also
When you mouseover the ones that say that they have a dependency missing, which dependency does it tell you is missing?

10-17-06, 03:14 AM   #39
Sniper
A Kobold Labourer
hi, this mod is great but the class button (in my case stealth) in the center of the screen is really annoying, how can i remove it? thanks in advance.

edit: i cant remove it with alt + drag.

edit: found it, sorry ^^;

Last edited by Sniper : 10-17-06 at 03:32 AM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » StarshadowUI ~ Official Thread