08-17-05, 04:30 PM   #41
Saion
A Murloc Raider
key binding title

one thing i noticed, for the sake of finishing touches, i noticed the key bindings don't seem to show a section title. i just see Gather, its bindings, a blank area, then kc items linkview and rundown bindings. i mostly just use the enhanced trade skill addon.
08-18-05, 06:49 AM   #42
Laibeus Lord
A Murloc Raider

Cool

Originally Posted by Kaelten
I've had a few people report a major memory leak in the latest version.

Has anyone here experianced this?
not sure... but after I installed "KC_Items 0.92c", I'm eating more mem than the previous version...

anyway...
a serious and I think urgent suggestion and request:
could you prioritize to show your tooltip date in a separate tooltip like Auctioneer and Enchantrix (is it the EnhTooltip??)

The main reason is that WoW refreshes the tooltip for whatever reason and all non-default information in the tooltips gets garbled or is thrown out everywhere... there are also cases wherein the tooltip is interfering with other tooltips and thus (for example) a tooltip showing a player's info will instead show some armour or weapon tooltip.

Other than that, it is more neat and more organize to have your data in a separate tooltip.
You already did a very good job, decreasing memory usage for auction, LL feature and giving a more realistic and accurate data for the (dis)enchants.

Personally, the auction features can go later. I dunno your style of programming but with due respect, (again personally), [I'll] do the separate tooltip at this point since it is easier compared to adding more options and features for say your auction add-on, in the long-run, the separate tooltip (depending on your coding) will just adopt to every new data you will add in the future.... other than doing the separate tooltip after you finish all the other features which I'm sure will take more time than the separate tooltip

Anyway, these are just my suggestions.

I already made the switch, I can still tolerate the tooltip problem [but if auctioneer and enchantrix will fix their memory problem and highly incorrect data, I might get back in favor of their tooltip] (Btw, the tooltip problem is present in every add-on that uses the default tooltip... I think that's one reason why Auctioneer/Enchantrix created their own tooltip.)

More power!

"Lamhirh, I desire,
more than the flowers blooming on my homeland,
more than the wind blowing through my homeland,
more than the stars shining upon my homeland,
is the sound of your voice....
"
- Jint Lynn.

08-22-05, 01:19 AM   #43
Syxx
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hi Kaelten, hope this is the right place for this. Wasn't sure if I should post here or in the comments section with the Mod page, but I'm getting an odd error. Could be me, I never discount that, but it may not.
Here's the error.

String: Interface\AddOns\KC_Items\sellvalue\KC_Item...
Line: 79
Count: 7
Error: attempt to call method `GetCode' (a nil value)
It happens when I click on any vendor to see their listing.

As you can see I tried seven different vendors just to make sure this vendor wasn't drunk or something.

Thanks

08-22-05, 03:31 AM   #44
bjonka_M
A Kobold Labourer
Exclamation Mem leak or something....

Was scanning the AH and everything was running fine... then when the scan had finished WOW said that I was out of mem (have uped it to 64mb so that shouldn't be a problem....or?) and kicked/shut me down.

Another thing I noticed was serious lag when ever I moused over an item i.e. a weapon in my backpack but not when mousing over a piece of ore... strange...

/bjonka_M
08-24-05, 07:53 AM   #45
chrisdab
A Kobold Labourer
KC rundown not working

hey Kaelten, rundown isnot working for me. I have the latest versions of your mods, have ace, kc enhancedtrades, kc items, kc radial buttons, kc schedulekeep. I am also using Ultimate UI mods which i think the only bag mod is allinoneInventory. Lootlink is disabled.

I tried wiping bank info and backpack info then puting an item from the bank into my pack and it didnt work. I am not sure what i need rundown for but i was hoping to get rid of the map radial button for it. I UUI only had 1 radial button now i have a full mini map of buttons. I was hoping to disable enahncedtrades to drop the button but that doesnt work. I love your mods though.

One more question, does auctioneer work with kc items or are there problems with using both? I wanna use kc items and auctioneer.
08-24-05, 10:32 AM   #46
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
just delete the auction module if you want to run the both.

Anyone that needs what they want
And doesn't want what they need
I want nothing to do with
08-28-05, 05:10 PM   #47
Gazmik
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Kaelten: Any chance I could convince you to not nil out KC_Auction.snapshot at the end of KC_Auction:stopScan()? I'd like to make ShoppingList compatible with KC_Items, but doing so requires a notion of "what's currently on AH as of the last scan" so it can identify good buys. Doesn't need to be made persistent in SavedVariables, just kept around in memory so it can be accessed later in the session.
(Yeah, I could just override your function, but it'd be a pity to muck with such well-organized code. )
08-28-05, 05:18 PM   #48
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
/threadjack on

I love it when the authors work together to make their mods compatible with each other's

/threadjack off
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
08-28-05, 06:33 PM   #49
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
I'll see what I can do about this, maybe even give you a nice API to pull the data too.

08-30-05, 10:05 AM   #50
rraazz
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Kaelten
I've had a few people report a major memory leak in the latest version.

Has anyone here experianced this?
I've been trying to track down a memory leak forever but it eludes me. It's very possible it's KCI. Seems to be pseudo random but my mem usage will shoot up to >130kb a sec and will not stop until I log out. Did you ever figure out if KCI had a leak and if so did you fix it?
09-01-05, 10:20 PM   #51
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
I've started a preview thread for 0.93

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » KC_Items v0.90c and beyond