09-06-06, 11:36 AM   #41
Minou
A Fallenroot Satyr
Is it possible to have another bar toggle when I click an action bar button?
The answer is in your question ^^
Create a macro witth /bob toggle #
and drag it to a button.

(already mentioned 1 page ago here)
09-06-06, 11:44 AM   #42
Nahkohe
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Shadowform

I tried this but couldn't get it to work. However, changing UnitHasBuff to IsBuffActive is all it needs to make it work. I'm not sure what I was doing wrong with the posted script but this works for me.

Nahkohe

Originally Posted by Haraald
Code:
event: PLAYER_AURAS_CHANGED
action:
if UnitHasBuff("Shadowform") then
    BActionBar.SetStanceOffset(bar, 6)
else
    BActionBar.SetStanceOffset(bar, 0)
end
Run on Load:  checked
Thank you very much, Tuller !
I'll try it as soon as possible !
09-06-06, 12:31 PM   #43
trefaes
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Minou
The answer is in your question ^^
Create a macro witth /bob toggle #
and drag it to a button.

(already mentioned 1 page ago here)
Doh! Thanks for that Seems I was just overcomplicating things as usual.
09-07-06, 10:29 AM   #44
OttoDestruct
A Defias Bandit
I'm a bit confused on how exactly things are supposed to be typed in for a script - do I type 'bar 2' and 'event blahblah' or just '2' and 'blahblah' etc.

I've been trying to get a bar (my second one) to change to another when I shift to form, but it doesnt do anything.... Specifically I want it to shift to one bar if I'm in cat, another if I'm in bear, and is it possible to keep the hotkeys bound after the change is complete?
09-07-06, 01:02 PM   #45
blake7
A Kobold Labourer
Is there an event that can capture KeyDown/KeyUp information? That is the only bit of Flexbar functionality that I still need to switch to Bongos. In Flexbar there are predefined key binding events that can be assigned through the default key binding interface.

I need the equivalent of the following:
  1. Press and hold a key defined through key binding.
  2. Switch certain bars (this part is easy through the BActionBar methods).
  3. Release the defined key.
  4. Switch bars back to what they were before the key was pressed (again doable with BActionBar methods).
Any thoughts on how do this currently? Or is there a chance we could get some key events to check for and bind through the key binding interface?
09-07-06, 06:08 PM   #46
Tuller
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

Originally Posted by Arbiter
Is there any event to check wether i'm in raid or not ? i'm trying to create an event for bongos so 1 particular action bar (Which has all my raid macros) shows when in raid, but gets hidden when i'm out of raid or in a party.

Any ideas?
There's a raid update events in the events listing.
GetNumRaidMembers() tells you how many people are currently in the raid you're in. Guess what 0 means

Could somebody post the correct syntax here please?
It should be identical to my shadow form switcher, using IsBuffActive("buffName")

Default Emergency bar
Tuller,

Totally new to this stuff, but I was hoping for a fast way to configure bongos to display a bar containing potions/bandages etc to pop up at a pre-defined health percentage. Maybe make the buttons enlarged etc to make them noticed and easier to activate. This would be a very cool feature that I am sure a ton of people would use.
On the event UNIT_HEALTH, check for UnitHealth("player") / UnitHealthMax("player") to be <= <percentage>

I'm a bit confused on how exactly things are supposed to be typed in for a script - do I type 'bar 2' and 'event blahblah' or just '2' and 'blahblah' etc.
just 2 and blahblah

Or is there a chance we could get some key events to check for and bind through the key binding interface?
I still need to look into keypress events.
09-07-06, 08:27 PM   #47
OttoDestruct
A Defias Bandit
Argh.. Alright I've tried for a couple hours and I'm still not getting this. Any help would be appreciated.

I've been looking at the other druid stuff and not getting anywhere. Heres what I want to do:
Shift to Catform: Change Bar1 and Bar2 to another bar. Shift out, change them back to the originals.
Shift to Bear: Same as Cat.

Just messing around I can get one bar to change, but I'm having trouble getting both to change, and implementing it for both forms.

Edit: SOMEONE PLEASE HELP? I'm about to go back to Discord, setup there is actually becoming simpler than Bongos .....

The script I'm using from a previous post:
Code:
if GetBonusBarOffset() == 0 then
    BActionBar.SetStanceOffset(bar.id, 0)
else
    BActionBar.SetStanceOffset(bar.id, GetBonusBarOffset())
end
Its changing, but not correctly for me when I shapeshift. Bear form works fine and changes bar 1 to bar 3, but Cat Form simply changes bar 1 into bar 2... I really have no idea what I'm doing.

Last edited by OttoDestruct : 09-08-06 at 09:56 AM.
09-08-06, 01:41 AM   #48
RamiresER
A Kobold Labourer
Question.

i love this option with changing pages when in Ranged/melee range. but i have a question
is it possible to add the option as when i get into Melee range it automaticly use Aspect of the Monkey. and when i get in Ranged Attack Range it automaticly uses Aspect of the Hawk
would be SO great

//Ram
09-08-06, 08:41 AM   #49
Zephra
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Tuller
On the event UNIT_HEALTH, check for UnitHealth("player") / UnitHealthMax("player") to be <= <percentage>
ok ... i tried this.

Code:
if UnitHealth("player")/UnitHealthMax("player") <= 95 then

bar:Show()

elseif not bar:IsShown() then

bar:Hide()

end
but the bar will not hide after 95 percent and always stay open. I also noticed that when I log in the bar will apear and I have to manually hide it again.

Thanx Tuller
09-08-06, 09:25 AM   #50
Arbiter
A Murloc Raider
There's a raid update events in the events listing.
GetNumRaidMembers() tells you how many people are currently in the raid you're in. Guess what 0 means
Yea thanks it worked

created a script with the following:

Bar: 10
Event: RAID_ROSTER_UPDATE

Script:
Code:
if GetNumRaidMembers() <= 0 then

else

end
09-08-06, 10:13 AM   #51
foxpur
A Murloc Raider
Druid code - well, maybe

Originally Posted by OttoDestruct
Argh.. Alright I've tried for a couple hours and I'm still not getting this. Any help would be appreciated.

I've been looking at the other druid stuff and not getting anywhere. Heres what I want to do:
Shift to Catform: Change Bar1 and Bar2 to another bar. Shift out, change them back to the originals.
Shift to Bear: Same as Cat.

Just messing around I can get one bar to change, but I'm having trouble getting both to change, and implementing it for both forms.

Edit: SOMEONE PLEASE HELP? I'm about to go back to Discord, setup there is actually becoming simpler than Bongos .....

The script I'm using from a previous post:
Code:
if GetBonusBarOffset() == 0 then
    BActionBar.SetStanceOffset(bar.id, 0)
else
end
Its changing, but not correctly for me when I shapeshift. Bear form works fine and changes bar 1 to bar 3, but Cat Form simply changes bar 1 into bar 2... I really have no idea what I'm doing.

Ok, as I said in my previous post (which I still haven't tested)

Code:
If GetShapeshiftFormInfo(3) then
else
   BActionBar.SetStanceOffset(1,3)
Th forms available are:
* 1 = Bear/Dire Bear Form
* 2 = Aquatic Form
* 3 = Cat Form
* 4 = Travel Form
* 5 = Moonkin Form

So what I'm HOPING is that if change to cat get offset bar (which is bar 2) otherwise assume NOT cat bar (bear) which is bar 3. Be damned if I can figure out gow to set up for Moonkin form tho.

It's not my Druid I'm doing this for (I personally don't use Bongos) but for my fiancé who does. So I have to wait until she is actually playing before I can test these things.
09-08-06, 11:09 AM   #52
OttoDestruct
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by foxpur
Ok, as I said in my previous post (which I still haven't tested)

Code:
If GetShapeshiftFormInfo(3) then
else
   BActionBar.SetStanceOffset(1,3)
Th forms available are:
* 1 = Bear/Dire Bear Form
* 2 = Aquatic Form
* 3 = Cat Form
* 4 = Travel Form
* 5 = Moonkin Form

So what I'm HOPING is that if change to cat get offset bar (which is bar 2) otherwise assume NOT cat bar (bear) which is bar 3. Be damned if I can figure out gow to set up for Moonkin form tho.

It's not my Druid I'm doing this for (I personally don't use Bongos) but for my fiancé who does. So I have to wait until she is actually playing before I can test these things.
I tried that code and it gave me an error. In class right now, but I'll edit this later once I can get home and see the exact thing.
09-08-06, 12:11 PM   #53
Tuller
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

i love this option with changing pages when in Ranged/melee range. but i have a question
is it possible to add the option as when i get into Melee range it automaticly use Aspect of the Monkey. and when i get in Ranged Attack Range it automaticly uses Aspect of the Hawk
No, that requires a keypress.

Code:
end
You're saying, "If the bar is hidden, then hide the bar."

I also noticed that when I log in the bar will apear and I have to manually hide it again.
Hide the bar by default using /bob hide <barnumber>, or make the script run at load.

You might want to take a look at Bongos_Druid
09-08-06, 01:58 PM   #54
Zephra
A Murloc Raider
No, that requires a keypress.

Code:
end
You're saying, "If the bar is hidden, then hide the bar."

Hide the bar by default using /bob hide <barnumber>, or make the script run at load.
I have attached an image to display the latest setting for this bar. Which still never hides.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	example.JPG
Views:	639
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	797  
09-08-06, 02:31 PM   #55
Peekabu
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by Zephra
I have attached an image to display the latest setting for this bar. Which still never hides.
From the looks of your code, you're dividing the current player health by the max health, which is at max going to equal 1. Other than that its going to be less than one. So your expression always results in true, and shows the bar.

I'm not familiar with lua and how it types, but I think you want to multiply by a 100, or make that a .95
09-08-06, 02:44 PM   #56
Zephra
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Peekabu
From the looks of your code, you're dividing the current player health by the max health, which is at max going to equal 1. Other than that its going to be less than one. So your expression always results in true, and shows the bar.

I'm not familiar with lua and how it types, but I think you want to multiply by a 100, or make that a .95

thank you so much - sigh I was thinking all along it was a proper use of the functions vs a simple math problem
09-08-06, 09:12 PM   #57
Josephine
A Defias Bandit
Hey there,

here's my problem

I want to have the bagbar only shown when I am in town/at a bank.

The most fitting event I found is PLAYER_UPDATE_RESTING (I think). This covers at least the 3 mayor cities. However I can't seem to get it to work. An example script would help me out greatly.

Thanks
09-08-06, 10:22 PM   #58
Auren
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by Zephra
I've only used Bongo's once.
But i beleive you have to put the bar number in the bar textbox at the top, and then the event in the event textbox.

Replace the text in there.
09-08-06, 10:46 PM   #59
Auren
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by Josephine
Hey there,

here's my problem

I want to have the bagbar only shown when I am in town/at a bank.

The most fitting event I found is PLAYER_UPDATE_RESTING (I think). This covers at least the 3 mayor cities. However I can't seem to get it to work. An example script would help me out greatly.

Thanks
bar: bags
event: PLAYER_UPDATE_RESTING
if IsResting() then
else
end
I don't code in lua, i used to program in delphi and vb, and the languages are same for if statements.
Worked for my level 11 paladin inside goldshire inn.
As for the other places i don't know.
Give it a shot.
09-08-06, 10:57 PM   #60
Josephine
A Defias Bandit
Thank you Auren. Seems to do what I want it to do.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Bongos - Scripting