07-14-10, 09:26 AM   #1
Dicer
A Kobold Labourer
Healing UI Issue

Hello,

1st post here, hope you experts can help. As you can see from the above image i have a problem with an addon creating the msg growing up the right hand side of my screen.

It happens when i hover over another player/object while healing using Healbot. The only way i can get the wall of text to dissapear is hover over a place on screen that has no player / object on for 3-5 seconds. This means i loose time healing - bad times.

I have tried amending every setting i can think of - to no avail. Can anyone help? It seems to be the blizzard tooltip conflicting with another addon - but i cant see what? I think it may be healbot (as everytime i hover over a player name on the healbot addon it adds another line to the "neutral" tower), but i really would like to turn off the tooltip that appears in the bottom right of your screen anyway which shows player name / guild etc.

Thanks in advance.

07-14-10, 10:37 AM   #2
shkm
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Many UF and tooltip addons have options to display the tooltip on players in certain states, such as in combat. I haven't used Healbot, but I assume it has one too.

Other than that, try disabling all related addons, such as Healbot and anything regarding the tooltip. If you're still at a loss, try disabling addons in halves. If the problem persists with the first half, cut that in half, etc.
07-14-10, 11:00 AM   #3
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hmm, that looks like an addon somewhere adds extra information about the neutrality of someone/something to each person and the larger the raid the larger the list it seems. That seems to be the core of your problem there ( the amount of lines being added to the tooltip.

Healbot does indeed have an option to show tooltips while in combat when hovering over the buttons in question and whether to show them above/beside/below the healbot frame etc. There may be other settings to place the tooltip elsewhere but I never used those options if they exist.

To solve what addon is causing the tooltip to expand so much with the new information take a look at your pvp/raid addons and turn them off and relog into wow and see if you get a similar problem when you pvp in a raid again.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Healing UI Issue