08-14-09, 10:14 AM   #1
sconley
An Aku'mai Servant
New InfoPanels

One of the features I like most about nUI is the implementation of InfoPanels.

I have created an InfoPanel for an addon.
I was a professional programmer many many years ago but don't feel comfortable with WOW API, LUA, NUI yet.
I'd like someone to look over the InfoPanel code to make sure I didn't miss anything obvious before I make additional InfoPanels for more addons.
Would one of you be willing to look it over?
Tear it appart? Make suggestions? My feelings won't be hurt.
If yes, where do I post it?

08-14-09, 10:30 AM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Did you use one of the existing info panel plugin addons as a starting base ? If so you probably haven't gone too far wrong but I'm sure if you post the code up here we can point out any redundant or missing code.

For example. My first plugin ( guild chat ) was based on Scott's minimap plugin and the combat log. I then progressed it from that and turned it into a format that was more me but still using the underlining infopanel required coding.

With the Mage Ports plugin I tried to design a plugin that didn't need a separate addon to work but had the non plugin code in a separate file to set up the meat of the functionality with the plugin code using the values from that file.

08-14-09, 10:30 AM   #3
spiel2001
nUI's Author

I'd be happy to look at it... just post it in a reply to this message... scroll down the message editor page and you'll see a "Manage Attachments" button you can use to upload it as an attachment to your forum post.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

08-14-09, 10:31 AM   #4
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Rofl, or what Scott said

08-14-09, 02:08 PM   #5
sconley
An Aku'mai Servant
The addon I want to put into an Info Panel is SmartDebuff.
I copied parts from two other info panels.
I looked inside SmartDebuff to find the routine to toggle displaying the window.
I used Setpoint to align the SmartDebuff window inside the panel but I did not do any scaling.

The end of the attached addon has an if...then...else that doesn't appear to do anything but I left it since it was copied from one of the other info panel addons.

I'd like to have this addon scale the SmartDebuff window to fit the panel. I've found a panel that does that but haven't experimented with it yet.
Is there a list of info panels and the panel number they use?
Attached Files
File Type: lua nUI_InfoPanel_SmartDebuff.lua (2.9 KB, 1057 views)

08-14-09, 06:27 PM   #6
Carz
nUI User-Supporter

Originally Posted by sconley View Post
The end of the attached addon has an if...then...else that doesn't appear to do anything but I left it since it was copied from one of the other info panel addons.
that's good that you left it in there b/c if that not there it breaks nUI trust me the OG Carbonite info panel had it and it broke nUI if you didnt disable the addon also, or RL

08-15-09, 02:12 AM   #7
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Originally Posted by sconley View Post
The addon I want to put into an Info Panel is SmartDebuff.
I copied parts from two other info panels.
I looked inside SmartDebuff to find the routine to toggle displaying the window.
I used Setpoint to align the SmartDebuff window inside the panel but I did not do any scaling.

I'd like to have this addon scale the SmartDebuff window to fit the panel. I've found a panel that does that but haven't experimented with it yet.
Is there a list of info panels and the panel number they use?
After I did a few infopanels I realised that we needed to keep them cycled properly by giving them unique numbers where possible.

I posted here with the list at the time : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...18&postcount=1 .. although I haven't updated it recently. But, I keep my IDs in sequence so perhaps others can pick another sequence so we do not clash.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Customization » nUI: Developer Chat » New InfoPanels